26 replies to this topic

#21 SX255

SX255

Prince of Helium

• Sacred Wiki Member
  • 853 posts
  • Platform:PC

Posted 19 August 2014 - 03:06 AM

We finally got a bigger resolution picture of the crystal mage... sketch.

Oh well. It is something. Doesn't look as cool as the Gambler and Blademaster full color pictures, but at least we can now stop mistakenly taking content from WoW

Kristallmagierin.jpg

Gogo, please fix the damage you have wreaked. :big_boss:

Silly message nr353 - We don't have bugs, we have dragons!

#22 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,206 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:25 AM

ha, done!

She looks decidedly Sylvan?

:)

gogo

#23 AngelShade

AngelShade

Radon Master

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:11 PM

Still looks like jaina , but that isn't a bad thing, ice mages are my favourite classes in all the games I've been playing so far, tho the indepth specilization the devs are inputing in is sooo poor that I cannot play it like a fire mage.

#24 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,206 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:57 AM

Still looks like jaina , but that isn't a bad thing, ice mages are my favourite classes in all the games I've been playing so far, tho the indepth specilization the devs are inputing in is sooo poor that I cannot play it like a fire mage.

I actually liked the ice mage better in Sacred underworld than Sacred 2..it's physics just felt better, and the way they'd sprinkle, fall down to the ground was almost comical but dramatic.

gogo

#25 Shadeling

Shadeling

Indium Shaman

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Steam Name:Shadeling

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:07 PM

Liking the idea of her being a Crysal Mage and crystals... Maybe she'll only be able to cast uber powerful stuff based on crystal reagents?

I remember in the early Ultima, having to use reagents for spells... was slightly annoying...but if MOST of the mages spells didn't need 'em, with only a FEW of them needing it, that could make for an interesting functionality.

gogo

I haven't read much about Unbended yet, partly because much of what they have written still seems up in the air so I don't want to become enamored with one aspect only to find it changed down the line. 

Well, it's too late now for that because I'd already read the Crystal Mages story and I immediately fell in love with the idea of a mage bridging the gap between magic and technology, although I think I may be imagining it further than the devs probably intend to take it because I'm as much a sci-fi fan as I am traditional medieval fantasy which is probably why the Steampunk vibe is so pleasing to me.  But I love the idea they have for her, nonetheless. I just hope they do take it into a techno aspect as well as a magical one.  Omgash, that'd be really cool.

That's not asking too much... is it? ;)

#26 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,206 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 07:46 AM

Well, it's too late now for that because I'd already read the Crystal Mages story and I immediately fell in love with the idea of a mage bridging the gap between magic and technology, 

I like this idea as well...I kind of imagine the white queen from narnia, cruel and cool with techno prowess... this isn't at all what I "felt" when I saw the new image of the crystal mage... she looks decidedly like a forest elf...

:blink:

gogo

#27 Shadeling

Shadeling

Indium Shaman

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Steam Name:Shadeling

Posted 03 September 2014 - 10:44 PM

Well, it's too late now for that because I'd already read the Crystal Mages story and I immediately fell in love with the idea of a mage bridging the gap between magic and technology, 

I like this idea as well...I kind of imagine the white queen from narnia, cruel and cool with techno prowess... this isn't at all what I "felt" when I saw the new image of the crystal mage... she looks decidedly like a forest elf...

:blink:

gogo

I'm assuming you mean the rough sketch that's on the main page for the Crystal elf with the more cliche forest elf hood? If so, I agree. On the other hand, I totally dig the thumbnail picture that you have to click to get to that page. It's really small and except for the cliched wizard staff, she looks at least more in line with what I was thinking but yeah, still not quite enough techno for what I was hoping for.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users