UnBended awards Daniel Fuhs sole rulership of a city

His generosity has helped the UnBended team's coffers spill over the 10 000 EU mark much quicker than anticipated ^^

From UnBended.Zone.EU

2.8.2014 10.000 thanks and a city as a gift!

Well, somehow we thought we would pass the 10k donation mark more slowly, but the last two days have been somewhat more dynamic than we anticipated. Is it the weather? Did you read something we didn’t? We don’t know. icon_wink.gif But however: the first important mark has been cracked. Our thanks goes to everyone who has made this possible… from the bottom of our hearts and with the greatest appreciation. For us, this means that in the next week we’ll work at full throttle and you’ll notice that soon here on the UNBENDED pages.

In the coming week, we’ll launch the new forum; we’re almost ready. In addition, you’re going to learn just what story gems are, and this is something to be excited about, we promise. On top of that, there will be new graphics and new stories that hopefully delight your heart.

And now for a gift – as sign of our esteem. Hereby, we formally install Daniel Fuhs, whose generous donation pushed us over the mark of 10.000 Euro ...

Read more here

• Like! 1

The game's not even out yet, and I'm having ten times more fun than I did waiting for "THAT GAME THAT CANNOT BE SAID" ...

Well done Unbended team, there is great spirit here

keep it up!

:gogo:

gogo

My guess,

with the release of that dumbed down version of what should have been a good game, word got out the Original dev's of Sacred are working at a new game; thus triggering the faster flow of money.
Make me wonder if those fellows of Dumb Suckers are realizing what they did. :)

Thorin :D

• Like! 1

I'm having ten times more fun than I did waiting for "THAT GAME THAT CANNOT BE SAID" ...

"Voldemort, the game"?

Make me wonder if those fellows of Dumb Suckers are realizing what they did. :)

I think they knew exactly what the were ending up with long before the game got released, given they moved the release date 2 week sooner.

My only concern is they don't do something completely idiotic and start attacking Unbended with dumb lawsuits.

• Like! 1

I don't see the basis for any lawsuits....the only one they might have had, ended when they re-named the game to Unbended. Otherwise I don't see any intellectual or copyright infringements.

Not sure how the law works in Germany or internationally but if someone was to file a frivolous lawsuit against me, I could counter-sue for defamation of character and legal expenses. Further they could be fined by the U.S. Court system. So I doubt Deep Silver or Keen would even consider it.

• Like! 1

I was actually a little curious if not wary for the team when they quickly changed the name to UnBended... does this mean that they changed the name because Deep Silver told them to do so, or because they had themselves chosen to do it?

It they were told to do it, means they're on Deep Silver's radar

:)

gogo

I don't see the basis for any lawsuits....the only one they might have had, ended when they re-named the game to Unbended. Otherwise I don't see any intellectual or copyright infringements.

Not sure how the law works in Germany or internationally but if someone was to file a frivolous lawsuit against me, I could counter-sue for defamation of character and legal expenses. Further they could be fined by the U.S. Court system. So I doubt Deep Silver or Keen would even consider it.

I was actually careful in fact with naming this category/section here at DarkMatters, just in case, and to be make sure we're in the green.

gogo

They did change the name to prevent some possible litigation. Per this excerpt from their website, they are not even supposed to mention other name.

We’d like to say a big thank you to everyone who has supported our project (under its different name). For legal reasons we’re not allowed to mention this name anymore. For reasons of transparency and fairness, we will refund all your donations on april 11th.

When they changed the name to Unbended they also refunded any donation under that name. So as far I can tell, as long as no one mentions 'that which can no longer be discussed', we're all good :P

• Like! 1

I could use the censor substitution program here on the forum... every time someone says "Sacred" it would replace it with "That game that cannot be said?"

:D

gogo

Actually talking about Sacred is fine....and as a forum I believe we can also mention the name without any consequences. The issue is for the developers of Unbended, They just can't mention 'Sacred' if it has 'Un' in front of it

I could use the censor substitution program here on the forum... every time someone says "Sacred" it would replace it with "That game that cannot be said?"

:D

gogo

Can you do something like that for just this one forum? People still are playing Sacred 1 and Sacred 2 and really enjoying them, once they finally get it to work.

The game's not even out yet, and I'm having ten times more fun than I did waiting for "THAT GAME THAT CANNOT BE SAID" ...

keep it up!

gogo

Me too! Seeing that the devs are happy that people are donating is very heart warming! We might get another fun experience like with Sacred. If only I had 300dollars/euros I would buy that Mayor Pack and Have my own Personalized room <3

• Like! 1

keep it up!

gogo

Me too! Seeing that the devs are happy that people are donating is very heart warming! We might get another fun experience like with Sacred. If only I had 300dollars/euros I would buy that Mayor Pack and Have my own Personalized room <3

Great having you here no the boards here Sev, and yes, it is heart warming! Being to be able to be so close up to a game's development adds extra excitement to the entire package. Since we get to give, and see where we give to, and see it bloom, it's a pre game experience, before even the release of the game.

gogo

• Like! 1

keep it up!

gogo

Great having you here no the boards here Sev, and yes, it is heart warming! Being to be able to be so close up to a game's development adds extra excitement to the entire package. Since we get to give, and see where we give to, and see it bloom, it's a pre game experience, before even the release of the game.

gogo

YAAS!! And when the Game is Released, all Donors would be given a shout out within the game. You know Like, when opening the game and the intro video shows every donor there is. I'd be popular ahha. People can wish , right? :drool:

This makes me so excited! Hmmm I wish this won't get 'canceled'. I did not get into Sacred 2 that much because of the new system (I don't understand the skill upgrading thing-y) and Sacred 3 is utter sheet.

I don't understand the skill upgrading thing-y.

There is nothing to it.

You roughly design the character you want to play, then upgrade the combat arts in that detection as you progress through the game. You get upgrade points by selecting corresponding skills for that combat art group.

Say you want to spew lots of fireballs. You select the corresponding "Fireball lore" as a skill and put 2 points into it - now you can upgrade one combat art in the group. So you pick up the "Fireball" and look at the upgrade options: one big fireball or 3 regular ones. Since you want to flood the screen with fireballs, you select the 3 regular fireballs - now you fireball skill is 3 fireballs.

And repeat.

Its a bit like Minecraft - you got to have a rough design project.

Edited by SX255

keep it up!

gogo

gogo

YAAS! And when the Game is Released, all Donors would be given a shout out within the game. You know Like, when opening the game and the intro video shows every donor there is. I'd be popular ahha. People can wish , right? :drool:

This makes me so excited! Hmmm I wish this won't get 'canceled'.

With you on the faith and hope... no cancelling allowed!!

:whip:

And yes, Sev... we will always wish...but in this case, with these right people, we're already having a good time

gogo

• Like! 1

keep it up!

gogo

gogo

YAAS! And when the Game is Released, all Donors would be given a shout out within the game. You know Like, when opening the game and the intro video shows every donor there is. I'd be popular ahha. People can wish , right? :drool:

With you on the faith and hope... no cancelling allowed!

And yes, Sev... we will always wish...but in this case, with these right people, we're already having a good time

gogo

I'm a college student/Worker and I searched How much is 299Euros when converted to Philippine Peso.

P17,477 is like my Salary for 3+ months. Wew. I'm just gonna offer my Prayers and blessings to the completion of this game :D

Offtopic: I've read bad reviews of Sacred 3 and more people are funding Unbended because of disappointment. YAY!

keep it up!

gogo

gogo

With you on the faith and hope... no cancelling allowed!

gogo

I'm a college student/Worker and I searched How much is 299Euros when converted to Philippine Peso.

P17,477 is like my Salary for 3+ months. Wew. I'm just gonna offer my Prayers and blessings to the completion of this game :D

Offtopic: I've read bad reviews of Sacred 3 and more people are funding Unbended because of disappointment. YAY!

yah, the currency exchange is huge difference in some countries. I'm originally from Sri Lanka, and it's pretty much the same kind of feel on exchange when doing dollars to rupees.

Re funding coming from dissapionted Sacred 3'ers...

it was planned?

:devil:

gogo

• Like! 1

This is a little off topic, but I love that word: rupee. I know what they look like, but it Sounds exotic, like little round gemstones (like star sapphires) you carry around in a little black velvet or leather pouch. I love my country, but I wish the founders had been a little more exotic when giving names to things. Germany, for instance, has the Black Forest. That sounds exotic to me , like it has maidens in cloaks and Satyrs bouncing around playing pan flutes. What do we have? Canton, Orrville, Cleveland. We do have Akron, which came from the Greek word acropolis, but that's turned into a cesspool, it's like the meth capitol of Ohio. Anyway,rupee; such a cool word :)

There was an online MMORPG here in the Philippines (tantra PH) and the game's currency was called Rupee. I was like "Is that even a name for money"? (I was 8 back then.)

Saying Rupee sounds cute. XD

• Like! 1

This is a little off topic, but I love that word: rupee. I know what they look like, but it Sounds exotic, like little round gemstones (like star sapphires) you carry around in a little black velvet or leather pouch. I love my country, but I wish the founders had been a little more exotic when giving names to things. Germany, for instance, has the Black Forest. That sounds exotic to me , like it has maidens in cloaks and Satyrs bouncing around playing pan flutes. What do we have? Canton, Orrville, Cleveland. We do have Akron, which came from the Greek word acropolis, but that's turned into a cesspool, it's like the meth capitol of Ohio. Anyway,rupee; such a cool word :)

you're right, always been one of my favorite words for money

gogo