Before/After using SweetFX on Sacred 2

Have I played the game too much when I can recognize where the place is by just looking at that picture?

I seem to recall we used to have a comp on the old sacred 2 forums where people would post a pic and we would have to tell them where it was taken. Play the game enough and you start to recognise it all. About only part I wouldn't know back then was the multiplayer start zone since I always played offline.

More information about SweetFX is found using Google search. I tried an exact copy of the link, but it fails here for some reason.

Edited by DaveO

It adds some extra files to the game folder and filters on the fly, like a layer above the game. If you press scroll lock it turns it off.

I haven't used it in Sacred 2, but in some other games I use the SMAA feature instead of anti-aliasing as it's less intensive.

It can "inject" HDR and bloom effects in games which don't have them (although, not true bloom or HDR, for that you would need something like ENB, but I find it too buggy. Skyrim modders use ENB a lot).

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/sweetfx-shader-suite-download.html

So in case you're new to SweetFX Shader Suite (or just SweetFX), it's a mod built on the InjectSMAA shader injector, that allows you to apply a suite of post processing shader effects to your games. You may have tried another shader injection mod before, like InjectFXAA, InjectSMAA or FXAAtool. SweetFX improves upon all of these. You can add SMAA anti-aliasing , sharpening and tweak the color, gamma , exposure and more. It's meant to allow you to improve the look of your games and change the look and mood of it to your liking. If you use SMAA antialiasing instead of MSAA or an even more expensive antialaliasing technique you can also make the game run faster (than with MSAA)

Also thanks for the welcome! I've actually been using the site for a while, I just didn't have anything worthwhile to post :)

Edited by EeeKitties
  • Like! 1