UnBended FAQ Update - August 11th 2014!

Sacred 2 was about 59 square km in size. How big is the seamless world of UNBENDED going to be?

You shouldn’t just count the square kilometers. What we can tell you is that the world of UNBENDED will be damn huge. And what’s even more important, there will be enough content. Technically it could really be any size.

Not that I needed any more motivation to back the game but this works..... :P

• Like! 1

How improved will the new “Run away! Run away!” enemy AI self-preservation instinct be if the PC is clearly overpowered for them? Last time the enemies just backed up a couple of steps and that was it. Worse, if you tried to pet them on the head (or got too close) they would go suicidal every time and attack you. Sometimes you just want to enjoy the world around you and pet the little critters. icon_sad.gif Could you make them not commit suicide this time?

Well, that’s real AI versus patterns. In the end, it’s somehow about give and take. For an example, imagine fighting against a pack of wolves. You’d probably rather that they weren’t really clever, because otherwise, you wouldn’t stand a chance. They’d simply rip you to shreds and disappear. UNBENDED is going to be an ARPG, not a hunting simulation.

:sigh:

Oh well, you can't win/pet them all.

Maybe once the game is finished we could mod some improvements into the AI.

How did you guys like the AI performance in S1 and Sacred 2 when your PC was clearly overpowered? Last I remember the S1 AI had absolutely no selfpreservation instincts, and Sacred 2 AI was unnecessarily suicidal.

Edited by SX255

I just read them on the unbended site, much easier than trying to read the green text (glad its not still red, my headache would not be amused). I like their answer to the S3 question, them saying there is no S3 to them makes sense. The failure of S3 is a good thing for them as it got them heaps more attention than they would have if S3 had been good.

I hope there aren't as many rats in Unbended, its one thing I had forgotten completely about. Creatures in Sacred 2 would follow you across the map. The last few days I have spent in the world again and rats are everywhere. I would actually prefer kobolds to rats (Colif goes mad). Constant nagging little things, remind me of bull terriers.

Transmog.. until reading knuckles post, I had no idea what they meant. They had that in Age of Conan too, and it was actually liked by most long term players as finally they could hide their mismatched gear or run around in a loin cloth. It wasn't essential, you didn't have to use it. Not sure I like how D3 lets you swap weapon models, that's just going too far. Honestly, in sacred 2 half the buffs obscure your appearance anyway and you too busy killing to notice your pants graphically go through your belt (certain Shadow Warrior set combos look bad)

Edited by colif

That's cool. Are they revealing a new character anytime soon? Also, where can I send them a question?

mid/end of August ;)

That's great! Reminds me that I have to post a question in your forum (not related to cthe new character tho).

I just had a read through too and can honestly say that this game has me more hyped than any other has for years. The fact that they are sticking to what a 'game that we shouldn't mention' game should be is great. I miss the way loot dropped in the 'game we shouldn't mention', as Knuckles said, the loot sharing has gone in recent ARPG's and with it the sense of community and sharing.

I got my question about SPLIT answered too, hopefully that will mean the return of the tentacle nukes of doom!

:blowup:

Yes, it feels right this time, and I'm liking the dialogue we're getting with the devs. And... did you say tentacles of doom?

release the tentacle!

Looking forward to some great game mechanics AND getting to work an inventory and drops and items!

:D

gogo

heh, I remember that one now too... a very satisfying mod to.. that and split and the money making one...everytime you hit a monster, a bag of gold would pop out of it's head

:4rofl:

gogo