UnBended loot system ... bring your running shoes

You guys seen this from the UnBended FAQ?

This excerpt is interesting:

How is the loot going to be in multiplayer mode? Will everything be divided so that you have fights over the best loot or will everyone have their own individual loot?

In S1 we worked with a “first comes, first serves” concept and we still prefer that. For the dynamic of the game that’s surely a good thing. So you have to choose the right fellow players instead of letting the system regulate everything.

I'm actually kinda used to this, as Sacred was the first game I ever played, so pretty much was eyes agog at everything happening every second of the game in those days, and met up a lot of people. I think their take on "choose the right fellow players" could help with systems like this.

What do you guys think?

Is the color of that font, green, visible? Had to copy/paste from the Faq and wanted to make sure it showed up on Cell phones

:)

gogo

• Like! 1

im cool with first comes first serves, as most if not all on S1 HC gave what they didn't need to others.

the Piles of items on the starting island were somewhat insane at times, but it was the foremost reason the community within the game was such a tight bunch. and it didnt matter if you were in one clan or the next.

and in all fairness when tryin to powerlevel someone who is trailing 10m behind you picking up everything that drops has its own charms :)

• Like! 1

It got its pro's and con's, I think.

Pro's is what DreD mentions, you do the kills and other player just act like a vacuum cleaner to pick anything up. If they community acts similar to the HC community of S:UW, we get whole starting islands full of items for anyone anyway.

And I'm in favour of that; especially since I was eventually one of those guys dropping tons of items. :)

However, the downside of it is, when you're fond of questing - like I am - it's possible other players finish your open quests and move on with YOUR loot and YOUR XP.

And that's why I oppose as well.

Thorin :)

Absolutely not!

It escapes me why they would want an MP game that is designed to promote suspicion and hostility towards other players. This would not be an issue for static groups, but meeting new people would be greatly restricted because every person you meet will look on you as a potential thief.

• Like! 1

Why not like online games? When you do the kill, The Loot can only be picked buy the Killer for about a minute. Then Anyone can do a click-fest to find out who got to pick up that RARE set item haha

like to give away stuff tho - so drops that are NOT account bound is important for me..

sacred lived also from it's item sharing character

this!!

its what I missed most in the recent games, the moment you wear an item its bound, in S1 there have been armors passed down to newer toons time and time again.. including full sets

I'm with Rotluchs, individual drops would be my preference, it's just easier for everyone. And as long as you can still share items then great! Although they have to get rid of the stupid decay timer, I don't mind a timer before allowing anyone to collect the drop, but having it decay meant less loot explosions on the start isle in Sacred 2.

As I'm still playing single player only, I actually don't care about this. ;)

But then again, first come first served is for sure a concept which could help to build a strong community amongst players as only the nice or at least fair ones will be invited to join a game one starts, wouldn't they!?

• Like! 1

it never was a problem in sacred

I ultimately think this sentiment is what is driving this vector

"it was never a problem in sacred"

How true. Yes there were problem, lots regarding lag, lag, and er...more lag.

but drops?

Because of this strange mechanic and relatively small community PLUS the difficulty inherent of HC, strange weird things happened...

an actual gift economy and a start island filled everymorningn with sparking presents for all

All this just a glimpse from the past, and part of, perhaps our nostalgia, before the advent of commercial telepathy, aka internet, and the advent of multimillion dollar pirate sites selling game equipment for real life dollars?

The world was fun

and at the same time

the world has changed

just thinking here

:P

gogo

• Like! 1

it never was a problem in sacred

I ultimately think this sentiment is what is driving this vector

"it was never a problem in sacred"

How true. Yes there were problem, lots regarding lag, lag, and er...more lag.

but drops?

Because of this strange mechanic and relatively small community PLUS the difficulty inherent of HC, strange weird things happened...

an actual gift economy and a start island filled everymorningn with sparking presents for all

All this just a glimpse from the past, and part of, perhaps our nostalgia, before the advent of commercial telepathy, aka internet, and the advent of multimillion dollar pirate sites selling game equipment for real life dollars?

The world was fun

and at the same time

the world has changed

just thinking here

:P

gogo

May I ask what year this happened? (The year Sacred servers were up or something)

I think SAcred was released in 2004? It was wild and crazy with what that game offered... open world, closed HC world, a fantastic forum, and progressive community...heck we all sprang from it ^^

gogo

Woah Sacred Sounds like a Legend. This proves most Youtube comments on Sacred 1/2/3 videos:

"I loved the first game, The second one was okay. "

"The first game was perfect. Sacred 2 was buggy and laggy"

"Sacred has better voice acting than the two games after it".

I can list more but, maybe not, :)

Woah Sacred Sounds like a Legend. This proves most Youtube comments on Sacred 1/2/3 videos:

Sacred 1 was made in 2004 and was basically the Diablo 2 sane huge static open world equivalent. Probably one of the first of its kind. People called it a Diablo 2 ripoff.

Sacred 2 was made in 2008 and had a very good transition into a full 3D 360 camera ARPG. It was Diablo III years before Diablo 3 was actually released (2012). People also called it a Diablo 2 meets Elder Scrolls Oblivion ripoff.

As you can see, for their time, both games were pushing the boundaries of the ARPG genre. Sadly, history proves time and time again that being first is not always rewarding. Nowadays mountains games with better graphic stiles have replaced the ARPG forerunner.

This is why "The game that shall not be named" is more betrayals than you notice in it at first - it didn't add anything to the ARPG genre, instead reverting into a pointless button masher. It also is less interesting to play than 2006s Titan Quest.

And this is one of the reasons why I wait for Unbended - as it will definitely introduce something new into the ARPG genre, that will shape the gaming world as we know it.

:paladin:

Now let us all praise Testa for a successful development...

ScreenHunter_95-Sep.-22-09.13-300x195.jp

No, no, the other one!

Testa_statue.jpg

AMEN.

When I bought Sacred for the first time the seller also recommended Titan quest. Why was it uninteresting? For me, I did not like the Egypt concept or whatever. (Never played it though)

When I bought Sacred for the first time the seller also recommended Titan quest. Why was it uninteresting? For me, I did not like the Egypt concept or whatever. (Never played it though)

Actually its Ancient Greece -> Egypt -> Asia -> Hades, and is full of historical myths and legend references.

But its a tad on the thinking mans side, and the male running animation is hilarious. Also, you can't customize anything on the PC, only male-female selection for one race, and the game is a one huge long corridor. Their fan community forum is very old and is falling apart, and every request for help in making my simple mod came down to "use the art manager" which wasn't even included in my version of the game. And don't get me started on what a mess I found inside of the files.

But I'm almost done with my alpha of the mod, and the game is a nice slow relaxing experience.

• Like! 1

Actually its Ancient Greece -> Egypt -> Asia -> Hades, and is full of historical myths and legend references.

But its a tad on the thinking mans side, and the male running animation is hilarious. Also, you can't customize anything on the PC, only male-female selection for one race, and the game is a one huge long corridor. Their fan community forum is very old and is falling apart, and every request for help in making my simple mod came down to "use the art manager" which wasn't even included in my version of the game. And don't get me started on what a mess I found inside of the files.

But I'm almost done with my alpha of the mod, and the game is a nice slow relaxing experience.

Hmm I've read the back of the dvd of titan quest and it said

"With lots of customizatioN! build your own levels! Customzie your character to the fullest" --along the lines of that.

Good thing I chose sacred over that game :)

"With lots of customizatioN! build your own levels! Customzie your character to the fullest" --along the lines of that.

Definitely lies.

There is lots of loot.

And a lot of inbuilt texture swap skins for the PC in the expansion (in the in-game menu use the code 123), but they all look the same. You can check out more NSFW skins by Googling "Titan Quest skins"

You could probably build your own game out of the old tools provided, but thats an entire project in it of itself.

Edited by SX255

I think SAcred was released in 2004? It was wild and crazy with what that game offered... open world, closed HC world, a fantastic forum, and progressive community...heck we all sprang from it ^^

gogo

I am sorry. this is rose coloured glasses time... S1 was buggy too, every patch added new interesting "features" you had to find. Sacred 2 wasn't perfect either but they both suffered from broken quests.

I played both, I was there... I was only thinking about the beach in the desert region earlier, its about the only part of S1 I remember.. apart from the fun giant spiders I was sad not to see in Sacred 2 (I remember my 1st play through, looking for them in Sacred 2 and being disappointed. The giant spiders in Sacred 2 aren't as big as a house)

Re Titan Quest. one thing I hated about that game was no respawns. Once you cleared a region, it was time to move on... no grinding. That is sort of like S1 was, once you cleared all the quests there would be less around but from memory , once you cleared a zone in S1, you got a boss fight or something (its a long time ago).

Back on topic: I think the free for all loot system will get lots of complaints early on, since a new game will get the crowd who just want to finish game in a month and move on, and they won't like it... but as they start to go away, the long term players will get the quality plays they are used to.

As for me, I play offline if I can anyway, being able to pause and walk away is why I play Single Player games. I have had my share of MMO already. I might change my opinion later on... who knows.

Edited by colif

I think I'm the only person left in the philippines wo play these kinds of games/ Most of them Play MMORPGs and NBA. I Barely see another person playing games like Sacred/Diablo here so ..