UnBended loot system ... bring your running shoes

Funny, I think about both systems now, I kinda had a fun time with both... though Sacred original game's one was with a very small, burgeoning community at the time... I really do like the way they went with it with Sacred 2 though...you're right, it was a great system...

which now gets me to wonder...

If everyone liked Sacred 2's system, why do they want to "revert" to an older system that they didn't like in the first place?

:blink:

gogo

I'm not really sure what the consensus is now. Lol. Is everyone saying they liked S1 or Sacred 2? I was pretty sure when I joined that Sacred 2 was pretty much the dominant topic. So I just assume the comparisons are always to Sacred 2. Lol.

Posted in the Unbended International Forum

I see many options here, because we have many many more years experience since the game was created... I'm really up for the party leader being able to choose from options for drops... so far.. always looking to be reconvinced!

:4rofl:

gogo

Thanks gogo, I registered there over the weekend to cross post this but am still waiting for my account to be activated.

SX255, I do not think I have unrealistic expectations, since Sacred 2 used the system I am asking for.

• Like! 1

And that is what I don't want to lose. I don't care about anything else. I want that S1 HC community feel again. I really really miss it.

it was the same with Sacred 2, probably not the same persons, but the same "rules". Never met a community like this in other games. and I still remember my first landing on S1-HC-starting island! :lol::wow:

so I don't think, that I would have a problem with "first come, first serve"...I know a lot of people I trust in this case. and "loot-grabber" were seperated very fast. that loot-system never pretended me from meeting new people.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember the first time I played Sacred (bought the Gold version) and being absolutely wowed by the graphics. I played much more of that game than I did Diablo 2. At that time, I also purchased Titan Quest. Even now, Titan Quest remains unplayed. I still have Sacred and Sacred 2 in my computer.

Edit:

But back on topic. I mostly play single player, so how loot is divied up doesn't affect me. But I would think, hope even, that players who game together can divy up their loot without causing enmity.

Edited by junkcollector

I remember the first time I played Sacred (bought the Gold version) and being absolutely wowed by the graphics. I played much more of that game than I did Diablo 2. At that time, I also purchased Titan Quest. Even now, Titan Quest remains unplayed. I still have Sacred and Sacred 2 in my computer.

Edit:

But back on topic. I mostly play single player, so how loot is divied up doesn't affect me. But I would think, hope even, that players who game together can divy up their loot without causing enmity.

I would guess you haven't played any online multi player games recently? This younger generation is not any where near as social and honorable as our old circles. I remember Diablo 2 where peyote woukd just hand out gear to their friends or even strangers. Today people yell at you that you're a noob and to uninstall. If not fir a community like this one where I know that when I play unbended I'll have trustworthy partners I would stick to single player. I'm glad I rediscovered this site.

I would guess you haven't played any online multi player games recently? This younger generation is not any where near as social and honorable as our old circles. I remember Diablo 2 where peyote woukd just hand out gear to their friends or even strangers. Today people yell at you that you're a noob and to uninstall. If not fir a community like this one where I know that when I play unbended I'll have trustworthy partners I would stick to single player. I'm glad I rediscovered this site.

QFT

Sad but true... :(

The difference for me is my attitude. If I am not finding gear with a Sacred 2 system I think: "ok just kill more bosses etc and it will drop"..

And compare that to someone else 'getting my loot'.. It makes me upset. I don't want to compete with someone for who nabs the loot the fastest. It makes me angry.

Regarding Titan Quest there was a lot of customization but not in the characters appearance. The dual mastery system is genius in that there are 9 masteries and thus (9+8 +7 etc) 45 combos of masteries. And then you can spec your skill trees and gear. Titan Quest is as special to me as Sacred 2. Multiplayer was bad though because it wasn't closed server. I also only played where I find my own gear (not twink) so I never found anyone who wanted to play that way with me.

I'm with Rotluchs, individual drops would be my preference, it's just easier for everyone. And as long as you can still share items then great! Although they have to get rid of the stupid decay timer, I don't mind a timer before allowing anyone to collect the drop, but having it decay meant less loot explosions on the start isle in Sacred 2.

I stand by what I said earlier as my ideal scenario: Individual drops (worked something like what knuckles described above, but then once you choose to drop it, remove the countdown before it becomes available to all, and don't let it decay!

So I guess a mix of what I view as the best parts of S1 and Sacred 2.