58 replies to this topic

#21 SX255

SX255

Prince of Helium

• Sacred Wiki Member
  • 853 posts
  • Platform:PC

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:44 PM

"With lots of customizatioN! build your own levels! Customzie your character to the fullest" --along the lines of that.

Definitely lies.

There is lots of loot.

And a lot of inbuilt texture swap skins for the PC in the expansion (in the in-game menu use the code 123), but they all look the same. You can check out more NSFW skins by Googling "Titan Quest skins"

You could probably build your own game out of the old tools provided, but thats an entire project in it of itself.

Edited by SX255, 08 August 2014 - 05:49 PM.

Silly message nr353 - We don't have bugs, we have dragons!

#22 colif

colif

Spectral Mercenary

• Members
  • 554 posts
  • PSN ID:Colif

Posted 12 August 2014 - 07:13 AM

I think SAcred was released in 2004? It was wild and crazy with what that game offered... open world, closed HC world, a fantastic forum, and progressive community...heck we all sprang from it ^^

:)

gogo

Woah Sacred Sounds like a Legend. This proves most Youtube comments on Sacred 1/2/3 videos:

"I loved the first game, The second one was okay. "
"The first game was perfect. Sacred 2 was buggy and laggy"

"Sacred has better voice acting than the two games after it".

I can list more but, maybe not, :)

I am sorry. this is rose coloured glasses time... S1 was buggy too, every patch added new interesting "features" you had to find. Sacred 2 wasn't perfect either but they both suffered from broken quests.

I played both, I was there...  I was only thinking about the beach in the desert region earlier, its about the only part of S1 I remember.. apart from the fun giant spiders I was sad not to see in Sacred 2 (I remember my 1st play through, looking for them in Sacred 2 and being disappointed. The giant spiders in Sacred 2 aren't as big as a house)

Re Titan Quest. one thing I hated about that game was no respawns. Once you cleared a region, it was time to move on... no grinding. That is sort of like S1 was, once you cleared all the quests there would be less around but from memory , once you cleared a zone in S1, you got a boss fight or something (its a long time ago).

Back on topic: I think the free for all loot system will get lots of complaints early on, since a new game will get the crowd who just want to finish game in a month and move on, and they won't like it... but as they start to go away, the long term players will get the quality plays they are used to.

As for me, I play offline if I can anyway, being able to pause and walk away is why I play Single Player games. I have had my share of MMO already. I might change my opinion later on... who knows.

Edited by colif, 12 August 2014 - 07:15 AM.

#23 Chrona

Chrona

Prince of Helium

• Fellowship
  • 824 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 07:28 AM

for me free for all is fine, I'll only play with friends like always

45owajut.jpg

Grim Dawn -> Chrona  

Steam -> http://steamcommunit...m/id/chronancer

PoE ->Account S2_Chrona *** Bnet -> Chrona#2863

#24 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,149 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 01:05 PM

for me free for all is fine, I'll only play with friends like always

See...that's really what it comes down for me as well...I know for a while, there will be lots of danger, drama, quick jaunts to piles...but people sort themselves out, they're mostly good, at least around here.

I know we're gonna end up with friends

gogo

#25 SevPOOTS

SevPOOTS

Radon Master

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 01:06 PM

I think I'm the only person left in the philippines wo play these kinds of games/ Most of them Play MMORPGs and NBA. I Barely see another person playing games like Sacred/Diablo here so ..

sacred-2-permanent-hair-color-mod-seraph

Want to Download? Search "Sacred 2 Permanent Hair color tutorial" in google xD

#26 Veracious

Veracious

Prismatic Enchanter

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:57 PM

I like PoE's method of drops. The party creator decides whether he wants a free for all, a short allocation, or a permanent allocation. Then there's no worries. When playing with new people you don't have to worry about thieves. With friends you all take what you want and leave the rest to the others. That's my experience.

#27 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,149 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:31 PM

I like PoE's method of drops. The party creator decides whether he wants a free for all, a short allocation, or a permanent allocation. Then there's no worries. When playing with new people you don't have to worry about thieves. With friends you all take what you want and leave the rest to the others. That's my experience.

I like this a lot

gogo

#28 claudius

claudius

Carbon Necromancer

• Fellowship - Supporting Member
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:49 PM

I really don't like loot snatching and so forth :(  I am not 'twitchy' in getting loot.  It would be a motivating factor for me to not play with a party.  Sacred 2 also due to the mechanics of xp discouraged partying.  Unless you were at exactly the same level you could get more xp solo.

Available Resources: Low 50s whets smith, No more campaign runners..
Guides: Shadow Warrior - Mr. I get to Platinum fast (or something), and General Claudius (Astral with minions and skeletal fortifications)

#29 lujate

lujate

Cobalt Warrior

• 3,293 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 05:35 PM

Have this been any updates to the loot policy?
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it." -Gandhi

#30 Knuckles

Knuckles

Grand Poobah

• Site Moderator
  • 6,252 posts
  • Steam Name:Knuckles (Robb)

Posted 05 September 2014 - 05:42 PM

AFAIK it's still the 'first come, first served' policy. haven't read anything to the contrary so far.

#31 SX255

SX255

Prince of Helium

• Sacred Wiki Member
  • 853 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 05:56 PM

Depends. What are you interested in?

#32 lujate

lujate

Cobalt Warrior

• 3,293 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 06:02 PM

Depends. What are you interested in?

Unbended is a no-go for me unless they revise their pro loot-stealing policy. I was just curious if there had been any change.
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it." -Gandhi

#33 SX255

SX255

Prince of Helium

• Sacred Wiki Member
  • 853 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 03:16 AM

Unbended is a no-go for me unless they revise their pro loot-stealing policy. I was just curious if there had been any change.

No, and their decision is very reasonable in terms of rewards and balance.

Why is that such a big issue for you? Do you have friends who you cannot trust with loot?

#34 lujate

lujate

Cobalt Warrior

• 3,293 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 07:43 AM

Why is that such a big issue for you? Do you have friends who you cannot trust with loot?

How in the world does loot-stealing affect balance?

Why is loot-stealing a big issue for me? Did you really ask that question?

#35 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,149 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:19 AM

Everything's pre-alpha, if the game's slated for release minimum three years from now, who knows where loot system will end up.

I promise though that if I play with you I won't rob you

:D

gogo

#36 SX255

SX255

Prince of Helium

• Sacred Wiki Member
  • 853 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:31 AM

How in the world does loot-stealing affect balance?

Why is loot-stealing a big issue for me? Did you really ask that question?

By balance, I mean – you kill a boss with a huge broad sword, you get the broad sword. If a single PC brought down the boss, he gets 1 boss broad sword. If a team brought down the boss, they have to choose who gets a boss broad sword. They do not get any more than 1, and they can’t cheat/exploit the game by giving all their versions of the boss broad sword to one PC.

Teamwork. :pirate: :music: :blush: :guns: :paladin: :chef:

If everybody got the boss sword for beating just the 1 boss, it would kill player item exchange and create an item copier. Noone will be able to trade very useful loot, found on their end, to the player that needs it.

And yes, I have to ask "how many loot ninjas do you have?", because you propose to break the game immersion into the direction of “the game that shall not be named”.

So I will rephrase the question. Why are you so scared of loot ninjas in Unbended being in your MP session? This is not Diablo 3 singleplayer where people could randomly spawn. This is a game with a lobby, and most likely password protected sessions. So choosing the people you play with is completely in your control. This is not an MMO, its MP.

Where are your loot ninjas coming from?

#37 Veracious

Veracious

Prismatic Enchanter

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:39 AM

You guys seen this from the UnBended FAQ?
This excerpt is interesting:

How is the loot going to be in multiplayer mode? Will everything be divided so that you have fights over the best loot or will everyone have their own individual loot?

In S1 we worked with a first comes, first serves concept and we still prefer that. For the dynamic of the game thats surely a good thing. So you have to choose the right fellow players instead of letting the system regulate everything.

I'm actually kinda used to this, as Sacred was the first game I ever played, so pretty much was eyes agog at everything happening every second of the game in those days, and met up a lot of people. I think their take on "choose the right fellow players"  could help with systems like this.

What do you guys think?

Is the color of that font, green, visible?  Had to copy/paste from the Faq and wanted to make sure it showed up on Cell phones

gogo

The only problem with the first come first serve style these days is people run programs like "pickit" that allow their toon to run directly to specific drops and grab them before a live player can react. I like the POE style of allowing the game maker to choose free for all or dedicated loot. Or even the sacred 2 style of a release timer.

That's my opinion.

#38 Veracious

Veracious

Prismatic Enchanter

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:40 AM

^^^ oops forgot I already replied to this lmao.

#39 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,149 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:50 AM

You guys seen this from the UnBended FAQ?
This excerpt is interesting:

How is the loot going to be in multiplayer mode? Will everything be divided so that you have fights over the best loot or will everyone have their own individual loot?
In S1 we worked with a first comes, first serves concept and we still prefer that. For the dynamic of the game thats surely a good thing. So you have to choose the right fellow players instead of letting the system regulate everything.

I'm actually kinda used to this, as Sacred was the first game I ever played, so pretty much was eyes agog at everything happening every second of the game in those days, and met up a lot of people. I think their take on "choose the right fellow players"  could help with systems like this.

What do you guys think?

Is the color of that font, green, visible?  Had to copy/paste from the Faq and wanted to make sure it showed up on Cell phones

gogo

The only problem with the first come first serve style these days is people run programs like "pickit" that allow their toon to run directly to specific drops and grab them before a live player can react. 

:o

gogo

#40 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,149 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:51 AM

Looks like technology has changed a lot since the dynamics of olden day Sacred, and our parties and drops... I'm curious as heck as to how the devs will work with this.

I myself actually like the idea that the team leader picks how he wants drops to happen... don't seen any dis-benefits with this at all

gogo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users