UnBended - There will be Bots

Will there?

With the internet today, pretty much everything is shared almost instantly. The moment it is perceived that there is value to be had with selling items to others, specially if items can be traded with no restrictions...

Will there be Bots?

:)

gogo

• Like! 1

Will there?

With the internet today, pretty much everything is shared almost instantly. The moment it is perceived that there is value to be had with selling items to others, specially if items can be traded with no restrictions...

Will there be Bots?

:)

gogo

Will there be a way to make profit off of selling gold or items? Will having mountains of gold drastically change the gameplay experience? If so then yes, bots always pop up when there's money to be made through automated means. I don't see bots coming to Unbended, especially if it plays out like the other Sacred titles, where everyone was just swimming in gold and it had little impact.

• Like! 1

.. especially if it plays out like the other Sacred titles, where everyone was just swimming in gold and it had little impact.

But then we have another problem - useless mountains of money, a common problem in many games.

In some games adding actual weight cost to the money drastically changed the perceived worth of it and items. Now you had to store your heavy fortune in a bank or other safe place. Sometimes even create those convenient cashes for future use. Item worth played a drastic importance - do you take the 10K diamond or the heavy rocket Launcher? Optimizing your loot until the next merchant was fun.

Sadly I don't think weighting gold is an option for any ARPGs.

Another mechanic is to always give out lower amount of money, make shops far in-between and have VERY expansive things to buy, like houses and so on. In Elder Scrolls Daggerfall I never had enough gold to even by the basic hovel in town.

• Like! 1

Good points guys

I'd forgotten that it's only when an attempt at keeping the money supply closed creates value, which creates the bots

strange catch twenty two...can't have one with out the other?

:blink:

gogo