• 3,127 posts
  • Platform:PC

Posted 09 August 2014 - 06:47 AM

File Name: Sacred 2 Enhanced Spells Mod
File Submitter: Flix
File Submitted: 09 Aug 2014
File Category: Community Patch

Sacred 2 Enhanced Spells Mod v. 1.4 by Flix

This evolved from my personal mod for playing Sacred 2.  I decided there were enough improvements and interesting changes to share it with adventurous players.  The mod is a combination of fixes, redesigned balance, and cosmetic changes.  Some Combat Arts were also replaced with brand new ones.

Currently supported languages: English, French, German, Polish, Russian, Spanish (Spanish patch requires download of additional patch file).

=================================================
Installation:
The recommended way to install this mod is to use the Generic Mod Enabler (GME). This mod is already set up to be compatible with the GME. Get it at http://www.softpedia...d-Enabler.shtml

Simply download the GME and install it to your Sacred 2 root folder. A typical example of the installation folder is C:\Sacred 2 Gold. After running the GME once, it will make a folder called "MODS" there.
Then just place the "Enhanced Spells Mod 1.4" folder into the "MODS" folder, and use the GME to enable it. The GME will back up your clean files and will allow to you to easily uninstall/reinstall the mod as you wish.

"Challenge Mode" patch should be installed the same way, after installing the main mod.

==================================================
Compatibility:
Sacred 2 Enhanced Spells is built from the latest CM Patch (1.50).  Therefore it requires the latest Ice & Blood patch and the latest CM Patch.

As of v1.3, this mod has built in compatibility with Elite Mounts.  No compatibility patches are necessary.  Be sure to install Elite Mounts FIRST, then install Enhanced Spells AFTER.

Other mods that alter the same files are definitely not compatible (Llama's CM Patch mod, Age of Heroes, Survival Mod, etc.).  If you prefer Przemba's Visual Mods over my own portraits, install them after Enhanced Spells.  Nude Mod 2016 is not compatible but check that mod for a patch.

Because of the way Sacred 2 handles spells, old characters can be safely loaded into Enhanced Spells.  Their Combat Arts will be changed, however the change is not permanent.  If you load an old character into the mod, but then decide to uninstall the mod, you can continue playing the character with their original Combat Arts.  Likewise, new characters started under the mod will simply revert to the standard Combat Arts if the mod is uninstalled.  For the best experience, it is recommended to start a new character when playing Sacred 2 Enhanced Spells, unless you just feel like experimenting or using the Sacred 2 Character Editor to respec your Combat Arts.

General Changes and Fixes:
For the most part, weaker Combat Arts received boosts where appropriate.  There is not much nerfing going on in the mod.  However this is not intended as a cheat mod where you one-shot everything.  Balance is still important.

All weapon-based combat arts, hybrid combat arts, and almost all offensive spells now hurl enemies when they die. This is part of an effort to restore the older, more interesting death animation for most enemies that involves the corpses flying back rather than just dropping dead.  This is more dynamic, exciting, and similar to other action RPG's. It should feel like hard hits make a major impact, rather than having the enemies simply falling down limp on the spot. Normal weapon hits will still make enemies drop dead.

Most temporary buffs last much longer, but have longer cooldowns as well.  There are fewer modifications that increase temporary buff duration and reduce cooldowns, but in most cases it will still be possible for the duration to catch up to the cooldown at high levels.

Every class now has at least one summoning combat art, and most have two or three.  Some are temporary and others are buffs.

All Combat Arts, old and new, got updated icons.  The original icons are ok with their bright colors and simple, bold lines, but I found them too cartoon-like and often kind of "cute."  Furthermore a lot of them got reused from character to character.  These new Combat Arts are designed to be less monochrome and "icon-like" and more realistic, textured, and unique.

All tooltips were revised and updated with uniform terms and more accurate descriptions of what the combat arts and modifications do.  There were a fair amount of vague, confusing, or just plain wrong terms used in the old tooltips.  For just one example, there should be no more cases of "Regeneration Time" and "Cooldown" being used interchangeably.  Also notably all Energy Shields now use the same terminology for the same properties, and the terms match up better with the item modifiers that affect them.

Tornado and Gust of Wind are no longer called "Whirlwind" and "Flurry" on their runes and in the Rune Exchange Screen.

Development:
For detailed list of changes to combat arts, and for pictures and videos, and development info (and bug reporting), visit this thread:
http://darkmatters.o...s-mod-sacred-2/

Known Issues:
- Not all properties of a Combat Art update dynamically in the CA tooltip text.  This is a pre-existing issue in the vanilla game as well.  However rest assured that all properties of Combat Arts should be clearly described in the CA description text and will appear (if applicable) in the Sigma bonus overview and/or character overview.
- Sonic Vortex is missing the visual effect when mounted.  No known solution.
- Dragon's Wrath cannot go into a combo. No known solution.

If you find bugs, exploits, or other issues, don't forget to let me know so I can address them.
Thanks to:
- desm for translating the mod to French.
- Shadowflare85 for translating the mod to German.
- KrystianCzach243r for translating the mod to Polish.
- Nikoleagle and LordKomar for translating the mod to Russian.
- Deivix for translating the mod to Spanish.
- SX255 for making the new Deathly Spears icon.
- Luthal for helping me work out how to handle summoned minions.
- Everyone who played the mod and posted feedback.
- Gogoblender and Schot for hosting this mod on DarkMatters.
- Llama for making his CM Patch Mod and showing me the way into modding Sacred 2 spells.

Click here to download this file

Diablo 2 Fallen Mod         Sacred 2 Enhanced Spells Mod          Flix's Music Mod for Sacred 2
   Elite Mounts Mod              Sacred 2 Character Editor           List of Mods and Modding Guides

Sacred 2 Nexus                    Sacred 2 Nude Mod                     Community Items Mod

#2 Dragon Brother

Dragon Brother

Sacred 2 Site Guru

• FDM Moderator
  • 6,132 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 09:19 PM

Yet more wonderful innovation in this great game. It's great to see you keep the torch burning Flix!

#3 Flix

Flix

Modimus Prime

• FDM Moderator
  • 3,127 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 12:33 AM

Thanks!

Edited by Flix, 14 October 2014 - 07:41 AM.

Diablo 2 Fallen Mod         Sacred 2 Enhanced Spells Mod          Flix's Music Mod for Sacred 2
   Elite Mounts Mod              Sacred 2 Character Editor           List of Mods and Modding Guides

Sacred 2 Nexus                    Sacred 2 Nude Mod                     Community Items Mod

#4 KJnewBEE

KJnewBEE

Master of Antimony

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 06:33 PM

the best mod I've seen in here by far,

great job flix, max respect man,

I do hope you can make a time limit on the blood dryad somon soon,,

ow, I totally forgot to say that in the intallation, the first never work for me, dont know why, but the second work but I lost some minor changes, nevertheless this mod is a masterpiece..

Edited by KJnewBEE, 21 September 2014 - 06:38 PM.

#5 KJnewBEE

KJnewBEE

Master of Antimony

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 05:22 AM

flix is this still works in v150? I just love this mod,

#6 Flix

Flix

Modimus Prime

• FDM Moderator
  • 3,127 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 05:50 AM

flix is this still works in v150? I just love this mod,

No.  Please give me a few days while I update the next version of the mod.  Version 1.0 will be built off of CM Patch 1.50 and will have all the improvements we've been discussing on the boards.

#7 KJnewBEE

KJnewBEE

Master of Antimony

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 06:17 AM

wow, cant wait, thanks flix, YOU ARE THE MAN..

#8 TheEye2108

TheEye2108

Indium Shaman

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 08:33 AM

can you make it so the draconic ally does not self destruct when mounted ore make it auto respawn when dismount

#9 Flix

Flix

Modimus Prime

• FDM Moderator
  • 3,127 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 08:52 AM

can you make it so the draconic ally does not self destruct when mounted ore make it auto respawn when dismount

I've never seen this kind of behavior.  I just checked to make sure and there was no problem, so it shouldn't be an issue in v 1.0.  

#10 TheEye2108

TheEye2108

Indium Shaman

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 10:12 AM

It works when you transform with Dragon Berserk he disappears and reapers when the timer runes out that si what I ment.

So that will work for the mounting and dismounting in 1.0?

And yes he is definitely to weak :D

#11 Flix

Flix

Modimus Prime

• FDM Moderator
  • 3,127 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 05:32 PM

Oh, that's how the game works by default.  Buffs are deactivated upon shapeshifting, and reactivated upon changing back.  This includes summons.  I can't change that behavior.

He's powered up big time in the next version.

#12 TheEye2108

TheEye2108

Indium Shaman

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 05:43 PM

it should be possible since it works with the transformation just use the same effect for dismounting to activate the buff automatically :)

#13 Flix

Flix

Modimus Prime

• FDM Moderator
  • 3,127 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 10:07 PM

You want the summoned Dragon to disappear when you mount and reappear when you dismount?  Why on earth would I do that?

#14 TheEye2108

TheEye2108

Indium Shaman

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 02:38 AM

I misunderstand you :D sorry you meant you cant change the shape shifting debuff but you did change him disappearing when mounting :D.

#15 Flix

Flix

Modimus Prime

• FDM Moderator
  • 3,127 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 03:48 AM

I guess I don't understand you.  The Draconic Ally buff does not deactivate when you mount the Draconicon.  No buffs do.  It's just as I said in post #9.  It's not an issue.

#16 TheEye2108

TheEye2108

Indium Shaman

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 03:52 AM

But it those when you month a horse a normal horse I did not try it with the Draconicon. Can that be changed ore is it just a problem with my game :)

New player did not finish play the expansion yet :D

#17 Flix

Flix

Modimus Prime

• FDM Moderator
  • 3,127 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 04:35 AM

Ok now I understand.   What you wanted me to do was make the buff reactivate when dismounting a Horse.  There's something you need to know about Sacred 2: when any character mounts a Horse (a regular horse) they can no longer use any of their normal combat arts, including buffs.  Buffs are deactivated and you get a new set of Horse combat arts.   This is why most people prefer to ride the special mounts: you can still use your buffs and combat arts.   So almost no players choose to ride a horse.  For the next version of this mod, I tried to make the Horse combat arts more exciting, so maybe more people would think about riding horses.   But I can't change the way buffs are deactivated, and I can't make them automatically reactivate when dismounting, sorry.

#18 TheEye2108

TheEye2108

Indium Shaman

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 08:32 AM

Ok at least when understood each other :D

It's boring to have to always reactivate the buff during the starting area until you get the mount :D

#19 Flix

Flix

Modimus Prime

• FDM Moderator
  • 3,127 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 08:44 AM

Alright guys the new version of Enhanced Spells is live!  Version 1.0 is uploaded to the DarkMatters Downloads section.  The first post in this thread has been updated with the latest instructions and info.   Download the latest version and check out the first post in the Enhanced Spells Development Thread which has been updated to reflect all the latest enhancements.

Here is the changelog:

Enhanced Spells Changelog 0.1 beta >> 1.0

• Shivering Miasma now inflicts ice damage.
  • Dragon's Wrath now has sustained visual effect.
  • The Sublime Guardian now has full gear starting at level 1, and can cast Instill Belief on enemies.
  • Fixed Draconic Ally being exceptionally underpowered - now has more life and damage.  Removed the meteor spell to prevent being overpowered.
  • Labyrinthine Warlord and Priestess of Doom summons are now permanent buffs.
  • Fixed Dragon Berserk, Lacerate, and Blood Frenzy being overpowered at low levels.
  • Enemies are less likely to kill friendly NPC's and mounts when hurled into them by the player (but this can still happen).  Mounts won't truly die (they will be alive on reload) but certain NPC's can die.
  • Fixed Labyrinthine Warlord having the wrong aspect focus assigned.
  • Fixed Thaumaturgic Nova from having Draconicon sound when the High Elf is mounted.
  • Lowered regeneration time for Positronic Overload.
  • Harbinger of Death is more powerful (beware when she turns on you).
  • Lowered the durations of most 90-second temporary buffs to avoid being overpowered.
  • Labyrinthine Warlord and Sentinel Construct have new skins.  The Construct and the Priestess of Doom are slightly shorter.
  • The Sentinel Construct now has a modification that lowers the Temple Guardian's regeneration times. 
  • The modification that summons a third Protector is changed to one that lowers the regen penalty from the buff.
  • Inexorable Subjugation now has "Minion Lifetime" text in the tooltip.
  • Horse Combat Arts Leap, Charge, and Rear Up have been enhanced and powered-up.
  • Made Venomous Entrapment seek enemies instead of being static.  Stats adjusted to compensate.
  • Included classic spell icons package.
  • Rune icons tweaked.

Huge thanks to desm for translating the French version.

#20 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,151 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 08:56 AM

Flix, I don't want to ask how long a huge body of work like this takes, you must be not sleeping!

And diggin the new avatar, very dark

:)

gogo

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Combat Arts, Mod, Spells

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users