Good to see there's still some people working on Sacred 2.

I haven't tested this mod already but I ill do tonight.

Should I make suggestion/feedback here or in the other thread :)

Thanks. Either one is fine.

• Like! 1

First : on the loading page, it say : ESM v1.0. It should be 1.2, no ?

Secondly : You're change look good but I was thinking of a little gameplay enhancement for the High Elf.

Why not changing a little Glacial Thorn ? Having less shard but more effective and reducing the maximum spread.

Third : I just tested the challenge mod. It rock ... on my dead corps ;) I think I will do an Hardcore char for this challenge :starwars:

edit:

There's a strange things with ancestral Fire Ball (base line, in Bronze difficulty, starting area) : it's damage is 16 physical + 32 fire when Frost flare only do 8. I don't know witch one is the good number. I do like the new fireball look. (Glacial Thorns is doing 9phy + 9cold) (edit n°2: look like it's Frost flare that need a buff)

Of mod question : any way to use other character hair style?

edit n°3: Frost Flare DoT's duration is too long, render it useless at low level and in most case. Halving it's duration by 25% for 25% more damage should be more interesting at start

edit n°4: mage's pet. it hit way too hard (I see a 174 when my fireball is still at 50). But it's what make HE playable with challenge mod. I find that Fireball *miss* way too much but it designed like this.

Edited by NathyielNathyiel
  • Like! 1

I'm now level 11 in bronze difficulty and I edit my HE back to normal as hardcore is a little to deadly actually. To be precise, I'm nearly one-shot by some mob (elite guard and some elite undead). They are at my level.

I know it's intended to be more difficult but I'm only on Bronze, not Platinium. Maybe, I should invest more rune into Cascading Shroud.

>> I found something that look like a bug <<

When I have a follower/hire/PNJ that follow me, they attract all aggro from mob. I'm seeing mob just pass me to go for the PNJ. Of course, if the PNJ is killable, it's just a matter of time ... short time. The good point is when I have one or two quest PNJ that are immortal. They are like a tank : attracting most of the mob at first.

• Like! 1

First : on the loading page, it say : ESM v1.0. It should be 1.2, no ?

Yes, I just forgot to update the version number in the French edition.

Secondly : You're change look good but I was thinking of a little gameplay enhancement for the High Elf.

Why not changing a little Glacial Thorn ? Having less shard but more effective and reducing the maximum spread.

I did this in my other mod Diablo 2 Fallen. I don't think people would like losing the spread of Glacial Thorns though, as there's nothing really "wrong" with it.

edit n°3: Frost Flare DoT's duration is too long, render it useless at low level and in most case. Halving it's duration by 25% for 25% more damage should be more interesting at start

I like that idea. Condensing the same amount of damage over a shorter amount of time might make the spell more useful.

edit n°4: mage's pet. it hit way too hard (I see a 174 when my fireball is still at 50). But it's what make HE playable with challenge mod. I find that Fireball *miss* way too much but it designed like this.

Yes, that's why I increased the damage, because it misses most of the time.

I know it's intended to be more difficult but I'm only on Bronze, not Platinium. Maybe, I should invest more rune into Cascading Shroud.

Challenge Mode is intended only for experts. That's why I made it optional. There's always a way to survive and beat the game if you know how.

When I have a follower/hire/PNJ that follow me, they attract all aggro from mob. I'm seeing mob just pass me to go for the PNJ. Of course, if the PNJ is killable, it's just a matter of time ... short time. The good point is when I have one or two quest PNJ that are immortal. They are like a tank : attracting most of the mob at first.

If this is happening when you are using Cascading Shroud, it's because that spell makes you invisible. It's not a bug, just a price you pay for being invisible: enemies can't see you so they attack your companions.

• Like! 1
  • 7 months later...

The new version of Enhanced Spells is live! Version 1.3 is uploaded to the DarkMatters Downloads section. The first post in this thread has been updated with the latest instructions and info. Download the latest version and check out the first post in the Enhanced Spells Development Thread which has been updated to reflect all the latest enhancements.

Here is the full changelog:

• Balanced the offensive power of the High Elf's Fire Demon and Mage's Familiar summons.
  • Improved the power and survivability of the Shadow Warrior's Labyrinthine Warlord summon.
  • Fixed a bug that was causing the Seraphim's Sublime Guardian summon not to deal any damage.
  • Dragon Mage can now learn the following skills: Dual Wield, Hafted Weapons, Ranged Weapons, Blacksmith. Spell Resistance is now secondary skill.
  • Dryad can now learn the following skills: Hafted Weapons, Toughness, Blacksmith.
  • High Elf can now learn the following skills: Hafted Weapons, Combat Reflexes, Toughness, Blacksmith. Constitution is now primary skill.
  • Inquisitor can now use shields and learn the following skills: Shield Lore, Enhanced Perception.
  • Shadow Warrior can now learn the following skills: Magic Staves, Bargaining.
  • Seraphim can now learn the following skills: Hafted Weapons, Blacksmith.
  • Temple Guardian can now learn the following skills: Magic Staves, Alchemy. Concentration is now primary skill.
  • Damage Lore is now a primary skill choice for all characters, so that a pure spellcaster doesn't have to take a weapon skill to access it.
  • Pacifism skill removed from game.
  • Attributes' effect on weapon damage is increased.
  • Recovery Elixirs now have additional temporary DOT damping unlocked by the Alchemy skill.
  • Trophy powers now scale better with the Alchemy skill.
  • Improved the effect of the Enhanced Perception skill.
  • Significantly better gold and experience quest rewards on higher difficulty levels (especially with Challenge Mode enabled).
  • Added built-in compatibility with Elite Mounts mod. No additional compatibility patches are necessary. Elite Mounts must be installed BEFORE Enhanced Spells.
  • Like! 1
  • 1 month later...

The new version of Enhanced Spells is live! Version 1.4 is uploaded to the DarkMatters Downloads section. The first post in this thread has been updated with the latest instructions and info. Download the latest version and check out the first post in the Enhanced Spells Development Thread which has been updated to reflect all the latest enhancements.

Here is the full changelog:

Enhanced Spells Changelog 1.3 >> 1.4

• Changed Dragon Mage's casting animations for Energy Blaze and Dragon's Wrath to allow for faster casting when Dual Wielding.
  • Fixed bugged animations for Dragon Mage when Dual Wielding on special mount.
  • Added new portrait pack + brighter player health bar.
  • Added translation for Russian language.
  • Added compatibility with Elite Mounts mod for all 5 supported languages.
  • 5 months later...

Hi Flix, seems a very good job you did with this mod (It makes me want to play again :wow: ) but... I can't launch it.

I did everything you mentionned, the files is installed by JSGME, the folder is in "sacred 2 gold etc", the CM is here (and works), but still no new spells or design...

I deleted and installled ESM1.4 several times, launched the game several times too, nothing happens !!!! Please help, now I saw all the new possibilities you offered with this mod, I really want to play !!!!

Thx Flix

• Like! 1

Hi Flix, seems a very good job you did with this mod (It makes me want to play again :wow: ) but... I can't launch it.

I did everything you mentionned, the files is installed by JSGME, the folder is in "sacred 2 gold etc", the CM is here (and works), but still no new spells or design...

I deleted and installled ESM1.4 several times, launched the game several times too, nothing happens ! Please help, now I saw all the new possibilities you offered with this mod, I really want to play !

Thx Flix

Hello and thanks for downloading the mod! Sounds like it's a folder issue. Do you have the game on Steam or GOG, or disk?

GOG or disk will probably be like: C:\Sacred 2 Gold\MODS\Enhanced Spells Mod 1.4 Directly inside this folder you should see 3 folders: locale, pak, scripts

Just to make sure you don't have a duplicate folder such as Sacred Enhanced Spells Mod 1.4\Enhanced Spells Mod 1.4

• Like! 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Hello,

This mod is very interesting. The only thing that kind of bothers me, until now, is that the High Elf's fireball animation is too big. I know took "Globe" mod for this skill, but it's way too big.

Another thing I have discovered is that you replaced the teleportation skill with Thaumaturgic Nova. Why would you do that? That skill was so useful.

Edited by Neemis
  • Like! 1
  • 5 months later...

Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition for CM Patch 1.60 is released.  More precisely, Enhanced Spells has been transitioned in the Enhanced Edition.  See the first post in this thread.

You may now choose to have all the enhancements with either the Enhanced Spells lineup, or with the Original Spells lineup.

The change log is on the file page.  It's huge.  I'll break it down and illustrate some of the new features, hopefully soon.

• Thanks! 1
  • 3 months later...

It was specifically mentioned that using the Enhanced Edition and the undressed mod together is not currently a viable option. Is there any way to amend the creatureinfo.txt file to enable a "fix" for this issue?

• 4 months later...