Sacred 2 Fallen Angel start up error

Hello people

I was playing this game about a month ago without any problem and about 1 month ago I sent my PC to technical service and today I just download game again but it doesn't run. crushing on startup and I'm getting this error every single try

driver:[aticfx32.dll]

graphicscard:[ATI Radeon HD 4600 series]
device:[\\.\DISPLAY1]
cPhysics::init-NXcreatePhysicsSDK failed
SacredApp::setupEngine()physics init failed!
SacredApp::setup()setupEngine failed!
App::Setup() failed!

What should I do? I tried to run windows XP SP3 yet getting same error.

Please help me :/

I'm not in any way to be considered technically proficient but I would disable PhysX in Sacred 2 Video options. I know many people had issues with this. A Google search turned up numerous results. If you can't even get to options screen, maybe you could disable via your graphics card control panel.

My windows was damaged so sent them to format my PC.

Btw, I uninstalled Sacred 2 because none of those solutions worked. Also, I have a new problem now, my Sacred 3 running in windowed mode now and Atl+Enter doesn't make it run in full screen.

Sounds like the OS itself (or its settings) is giving you the trouble.

Btw, I uninstalled Sacred 2 because none of those solutions worked. Also, I have a new problem now, my Sacred 3 running in windowed mode now and Atl+Enter doesn't make it run in full screen.

They probably disabled Alt+Enter on that game. There should be a FullScreen checkbook in the options of the game.

ATI cards don't support physx, since its an Nvidia thing. Does error stop game from running?

I run an ATI card with Windows 7, from memory that was the worst possible combo for this game but so far no issues. The occasional weird glitch at character select screen (screen becomes a bunch of lines) but I blame the memory leak for that as its usually after a long time playing.

Edited by colif
  • Like! 1

I played Sacred 2 with Windows 7 and Ati Radeon card without a single problem for years. I'm playing Sacred 2 since release and I didn't even know that game doesn't support Win 7, until now. Weird...

Edited by PilaPis
  • 5 months later...

A mi me salia el mismo error pero con la grafica intel integrada de mi laptop... hice de todo intente con el modo compatibilidad con xp service pack 2 y no me funciono pero encontre esta solucion en un foro q no recuerdo...para solucionarlo me fui a usuarios/appdata/local/ascaron entertaiment/sacred 2 y edite el archivo option.txt... me fui hasta la ultima parte que dice video y en donde dice: fullscreed = 1, lo cambio por 0... eso hice y me agarro

A mi me salia el mismo error pero con la grafica intel integrada de mi laptop... hice de todo intente con el modo compatibilidad con xp service pack 2 y no me funciono pero encontre esta solucion en un foro q no recuerdo...para solucionarlo me fui a usuarios/appdata/local/ascaron entertaiment/sacred 2 y edite el archivo option.txt... me fui hasta la ultima parte que dice video y en donde dice: fullscreed = 1, lo cambio por 0... eso hice y me agarro

I'm sorry, but I don't understand this

can someone please help with the translation?

:blink:

gogo

from Google transaltion:

To me he left me the same error but with my laptop integrated graphics intel ... did everything try the compatibility mode xp service pack 2 and I did not work but I found this solution in a forum for q not remember ... I went to fix users / appdata / local / Ascaron entertaiment / sacred 2 and edit the file option.txt ... I went to the last part that says video where it says: fullscreed = 1, change 0 ... I did and grab

it is better tha n the German translation, which is only crap!^^

I would guess he did the change in the wrong options.txt? will it help in anyway to run the game on intel graphics?

Edited by Dorimil