For those of you having crashes with Sacred 2 gold...

The thing I found about Sacred 2 Gold is that it doesn't like 64 bit operating systems. I'm running an early i7 cpu with Windows 7 64bit and I wanted to get this game running with all the bells and whistles, including the Elite Textures. Anyway, I found that combining all the known fixes together actually make this game work - crash free - on my computer and I believe that it will work on yours as well even if you are on Windows 8.1.
So download this file and use all three fixes together. Let me know if it works, thanks!

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/933200-sacred-2-fallen-angel/69827470

Edited by ccunning12

If however you are having troubles with the original Sacred and Underworld, I just bought a new copy from GOG.com (Good Old Games) in their latest sale for $2.99 (normally $9.99). It workks perfectly on both my old XP laptop and my Win7 64bit machine. They say it works just as well on Win8 and I don't doubt them at all. AND THERE IS NO BLOODY SECUROM!!

Edited by podgie_bear

FYI, avoid the Sacred 2 Elite Textures on the PC, as they have been known to create problems with mods and community patch. The overall difference with Elite Textures installed is not that great ether.

The thing I found about Sacred 2 Gold is that it doesn't like 64 bit operating systems. I'm running an early i7 cpu with Windows 7 64bit and I wanted to get this game running with all the bells and whistles, including the Elite Textures. Anyway, I found that combining all the known fixes together actually make this game work - crash free - on my computer and I believe that it will work on yours as well even if you are on Windows 8.1.

So download this file and use all three fixes together. Let me know if it works, thanks!

Hi Chris, and welome to DarkMatters!

What kind of a file is this...can you tell us some about it before have the link here for our cmmunity?

Thanks

:)

gogo