UnBended - 17.189,39 € from fans and counting - Nov 17th 2014!

64,52 - 60,07 = 4,45...

?!

5 - 4,45 = 0,55...

5 x 0,11 = 0,55...

Paypal is taxing 11% of the game...

17064,52 / (1 - 0,11) = 19173,62

19173,62 - 17064,52 = 2109,1

Great.

PayPal has eaten 2109 euros from the project. :mad:

• Like! 1

64,52 - 60,07 = 4,45...

?!

5 - 4,45 = 0,55...

5 x 0,11 = 0,55...

Paypal is taxing 11% of the game...

17064,52 / (1 - 0,11) = 19173,62

19173,62 - 17064,52 = 2109,1

Great.

PayPal has eaten 2109 euros from the project. :mad:

I noticed the discrepancy as well... pay pal?

:blink:

gogo

lol

was just a guffaw of exasperation at the ubiquity of the middleman's claws

;)

gogo

Well, they have to make the money somehow. They need to pay the bank fees, expenses fees, and turn a profit, all while providing a convenient financial service of a bank all over the world... Just wish it was not as high as 11% from EVERY transaction. Maybe 5%

Edited by SX255
  • Like! 1

Out of curiousity, has everyone paid in Euro's; or have there been payments in US$ as well.

If the latter happened, there's also the exchange rate to be kept in mind; as well as the commission the bank charges when exchanging money. And keep in mind that for gaming companies, 1 US$ = 1 Euro.

It might explain the 11%, as the US$ has a lower value as the Euro.

Thorin :)

• Like! 1

Out of curiousity, has everyone paid in Euro's; or have there been payments in US$ as well.

If the latter happened, there's also the exchange rate to be kept in mind; as well as the commission the bank charges when exchanging money. And keep in mind that for gaming companies, 1 US$ = 1 Euro.

It might explain the 11%, as the US$ has a lower value as the Euro.

Yah, had to make the payment in Euro's...owch to the exchange fees

Ahhh, all for the love of Unbended

:heart:

gogo

• Like! 1

FAQ is updated

Is there anything in modern ARPG you hate, and wish to avoid at any cost in UNBENDED?

Well, we actually hate everything in modern ARPGs that doesn’t appear in UNBENDED.

No, jokes aside.

Personally, we’re annoyed with random stories, the fact that decisions that seem relevant ultimately stay without consequences and the gray monotony regarding enemies. Even main characters often can only be told apart by the color of their effects.

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Blimey!

Their timing is amazing. On April Fools they announced their new game, on Christmas they changed gears and into what feels like "thank you and goodbye" (which it isn't). Makes you wander what they will pull on Easter.

Aye, their timing is really amazing! Short before Christmas I was honestly thinking about, as I had some money left over, to support them but wanted to wait till after all the celebration. Now I feel happy that I didn't spent any money on that at all. Maybe it is a chance not take on my side but due to all the history now already with this whole project, I feel saver this way not having spent any money on it.

Anyway, I wish them good luck on their process and on finding their path to what ever they are looking for. From now on I will have an even more critical eye on this project than I had already since after the first "change" in their "strategy".

To all the rest of You out there, Marry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2015!

True Ironwill, but everything has to start somewhere.

I can safely say I did not see this coming. I'm quite shocked actually. The fact that they felt they needed to report their progress and that this put too much pressure on the project makes you think about the state of the plans... Too much too soon I guess. I sure hope the game will ever be. :)

• Like! 1

Shocked here as well but I still think the game will be made. I think they went public too soon without any solid in-game features/gameplay setup yet. So nothing really to see for a bit and I think they were getting a lot of pressure to do so.

I've known/talked with several of the developers (Since S1 for some of them) and still feel I can trust them. Maybe I'm wrong but my gut tells me I'm not. They had already said not to expect anything til late 2015. As much as I hate to wait, I will until then before I decide what to really think about all this.

• Like! 1