Sacred 2 on GOG.com!

In short, the game you buy on gog.com don't have DRM, so you download, install and play, no need of internet or any kind of authentification to run the game, most of the game are old(like sacred 1 and 2, torchlight) , but are new too (witcher 3), from my experience most of game from gog run better than from other place (like steam); are cons and pros for this, I find that gog treats the people like customers, DRM treats customers like offenders, gog try to gain customers through this and the fact that offer a lot of additional content (soundrack of game, , cliparts of game, etc) and the fact it is not mandatory to have a client (like steam/origin/uplay), who will add a plus of wheight on pc resources when play, but those clients tend to add others bonus (steam trading cards, automatic update of game,etc); soon the gog will have a client too but will not be mandatory like it is at others, to run the game...most of new games and so call "AAA" rating tend to go only with DRM...

• Like! 1

Have Sacred 2 on Steam but bought on GOG because Steam version was too much resource demanding without reason.

Yes, the Galaxy client will be optional with general aim to provide multiplayer functionality for these games which doesn't have or their support for it has ceased (except for LAN/direct IP) and for cross-play between members that have game on other service (abillity to play GOG game with someone having Steam version is tempting). Other than that is basically extended features of GOG Downloader and Community functionality. They began some tests on online functionality on Witcher Adventure Game.

After picking it up from a online gaming store in Europe 4 year ago and also Amazon I decided it was so much easier and better to own it from GOG. Also installed the patch from here which was very simple to install.

I got my copy when it was $5 on Amazon. I'm not sure the game is available any more from Amazon, but it was $5 well spent. It is DRM free just like the Steam version is. I expect the Steam and GoG versions to be exactly like the one I got from Amazon.

The steam version it is not DRM free, the steam itself it is a DRM, although the steam version don't have the SecureROM DRM anymore, so yes , before that(Golde version), the game have 2 DRM(steam+SecureROM)...