Organ transplantation

Our second had own skin transplanted because of a non healing wound after her accident. Now at summer breaks we planed the yearly control wih a few days at hospital for a full test.

When arriving at the hospital specialized in transplantation it was under siege: TV, hundred of angry people who shouted at docs and people who were entering the hospital. We were blocked by a mob and my daughter was pushed back so she was falling. I was told that parents of an ill kid started all this on facebook.

They collected 400000euro to have a new heart for her 2 year old. But on the transport flight to germany it had to be reanimated and the new conditions (brain damage) don't allow a transplantation anymore.

I understand that they are angry, but I am not understanding that they stop a hospital from doing its job. No other hospital in central europe will take the kid now because they fear to be under siege too.

Most parents of a dead kid who allow transplantation hope that another kids will have a fulfilled life. As long as there are not enough organs there have to be laws how to use them best.

Our second had own skin transplanted because of a non healing wound after her accident. Now at summer breaks we planed the yearly control wih a few days at hospital for a full test.

When arriving at the hospital specialized in transplantation it was under siege: TV, hundred of angry people who shouted at docs and people who were entering the hospital. We were blocked by a mob and my daughter was pushed back so she was falling. I was told that parents of an ill kid started all this on facebook.

They collected 400000euro to have a new heart for her 2 year old. But on the transport flight to germany it had to be reanimated and the new conditions (brain damage) don't allow a transplantation anymore.

I understand that they are angry, but I am not understanding that they stop a hospital from doing its job. No other hospital in central europe will take the kid now because they fear to be under siege too.

Most parents of a dead kid who allow transplantation hope that another kids will have a fulfilled life. As long as there are not enough organs there have to be laws how to use them best.

Bereaved parents looking for a way to vent? Children are so important, for parents to go this far to create the havoc must have felt great pain and loss

:blink:

gogo

Bereaved parents looking for a way to vent? Children are so important, for parents to go this far to create the havoc must have felt great pain and loss

Parents tend to overstate the importance of THEIR children over everybody else. Too much of it ingrains the common lie of "you are special" into the child head (instead of "be a team player and contribute something back"). This kind of behavior leads to pandering, bad education and poor life skills. And the result of "soccer mom" protests is an irreparable damage to everyones child.