And now for something truly disgusting....

Came across this today.

Now... I'm not entirely sure why it's called the Angry French Canadian... Angry in food terminology usually means heat in the form of chilis or other caustic food items that burn when you eat them. Pasta Arrabiata for instance is Angry Pasta in Italian.

But whatever.. It strikes me as being a bit on the nasty side. Prepare your barf bags...

Came across this today.

Now... I'm not entirely sure why it's called the Angry French Canadian... Angry in food terminology usually means heat in the form of chilis or other caustic food items that burn when you eat them. Pasta Arrabiata for instance is Angry Pasta in Italian.

But whatever.. It strikes me as being a bit on the nasty side. Prepare your barf bags...

I like most of the things on that sandwich except the hotdogs. I'd gladly eat a breakfast of French Toast w/ syrup, Bacon, and Poutine. But put them all together on a sandwich? :nono: Nah.

Luckily the fine cuisine of canada is two oceans away :)

Else I would have invited you to Hackbraten im Brotmantel. Sour bread dough wrapped around meatballs and put into the oven

Teigtasche-12.jpg

In spring there would be bear garlic and other herbs in, some cheese, chili. This time of year only onions and salade on extra plate.

It is quicker to put all in the wrapping dough and bake all together inside the dough than cutting a bread in half and lay it with all the stuff. Somehow the more time intensive way is called fast food :)

I'm weeping and salivating. :wow: Man...I have got to eat something today.

Edited by Flix

urgh. all that syrup, and the hotdogs, and the fries... barf. The french toast, bacon, cheese curd and a little bit of maple syrup sounds delicious, but that was just overkill!

Delta!

• Like! 1

ahahah

I actually expected to be turned off more, but, after getting home now im so starved... got a bit of the drool goin on... come on Delta...just one hot dog with maple syrup... you can do it...!

:lol:

gogo

Else I would have invited you to Hackbraten im Brotmantel. Sour bread dough wrapped around meatballs and put into the oven

Teigtasche-12.jpg

In spring there would be bear garlic and other herbs in, some cheese, chili. This time of year only onions and salade on extra plate.

It is quicker to put all in the wrapping dough and bake all together inside the dough than cutting a bread in half and lay it with all the stuff. Somehow the more time intensive way is called fast food :)

OK.. That actually sounds GOOD..! There's some products on the market here that are sorta like that. Instead of meatballs, they just stick a hot dog in the bread dough and bake it. For the life of me, I can't recall what they're called... I finally remembered - they're called Bagel Dogs.

post-14586-0-20313400-1408524274.jpg

What's fundamentally wrong with the Canadian sandwich is that these fools are using COLD poutine. Fries need to be FRESH. Not covered in gravy and then chilled to the point where the gravy coagulates into something solid. Nothing worse than cold, soggy fries. Not entirely sure how well maple syrup would go with brown gravy. Just so wrong on so many levels...

Edited by wolfie2kX
  • Like! 1

urgh. all that syrup, and the hotdogs, and the fries... barf. The french toast, bacon, cheese curd and a little bit of maple syrup sounds delicious, but that was just overkill!

Delta!

Yeh. The syrup is enough to give you hypoglycemia (sugar shock)..

• Like! 1

Our little barbarian prefers the bread dough filled with:

a whole Käsebratwurst (a sausage for grilling which has cheese pieces in)

tomato paste

parsley

frozen french fries

Zuckerrübensirup (sirup from sugarbeets, we buy it in 10 litre containers , the sirup has lots of minerals)

She was experimenting (well most fun at cooking is to experiment and learn from mistakes) and found out that frozen fries needed the same time than non frozen sausages. She hates fatty fries so she does a layer of sugar beet sirup around the sausage which caramellizes.

I bet she would eat the angry french canadian. She is approaching 11years and fast growing and does lot of sport so she eats a lot with the body mass index showing that she is still loosing relative weight to her increasing height.

I stick with my meatballs. After grilling: a dry layer of bread, then a tasty layer of bread which has sucked up the fat and herb oils in a very tasty way and then last not least the meatball.

Yeh.. I'm with you.. Meatball sandwiches rock. I'd maybe want to add some things - green bell pepper slices, (or chopped and mixed in with the sausage like the onions are) and maybe have a bit of marinara sauce on the side for dipping.

Teigtasche-12.jpg

OK.. That actually sounds GOOD..! There's some products on the market here that are sorta like that. Instead of meatballs, they just stick a hot dog in the bread dough and bake it. For the life of me, I can't recall what they're called... I finally remembered - they're called Bagel Dogs.

attachicon.gifBageldog.jpg

What's fundamentally wrong with the Canadian sandwich is that these fools are using COLD poutine. Fries need to be FRESH. Not covered in gravy and then chilled to the point where the gravy coagulates into something solid. Nothing worse than cold, soggy fries. Not entirely sure how well maple syrup would go with brown gravy. Just so wrong on so many levels...

noticed this about the cold poutine. A cold cheese and potatoe sandwich...they coulda upped their game by just making the poutine last and adding it... cept the sandwich coulda gotten kinda soggy

:)

gogo

I prefer Jägersosse, sauce chasseur, hunter's sauce... Mainly because I am used to use stuff from garden or around the house.

Walk with the dog and collect wild mushrooms, wild carrots, wild spices. Roast it and mix it with Schmand (a sour cream used in central and east europe). Serves nice to wild game or meatballs.

Obviously I live at a place where tomato are hard to ripe. They are still green most summers when autumns comes.

noticed this about the cold poutine. A cold cheese and potatoe sandwich...they coulda upped their game by just making the poutine last and adding it... cept the sandwich coulda gotten kinda soggy

gogo

I believe they said something bout the Poutine being take out. Hence the reason it was in the tin... They didn't make the poutine themselves.

As for becoming soggy - gee.. With all that maple syrup they poured inside AND out on that thing - it's already gonna be a soggy mess.

• Like! 1

Whoa, the Angry French Canadian looks a little like the Fatso's Breakfast Sub they make down at the local carnival. They french toast a big sub, but the maple syrup is put on the inside. They fill it with garlic fries, chili, and mozzarella sticks. They don't use a hot dog, they use the grey Stadium brats (the ones that taste like breakfast sausage), they use a pancake instead of a bun, then they wrap the pancake with bacon. The lunch one has shrimp instead of chili and instead of the Stadium brats, they use lamb and they're no maple syrup,but they still french toast the sub. The breakfast ones are good, but the lamb ones don't sell. I don't know why they won't make just a nice gyro for lunch.

That actually sounds pretty good

anyone dared to take a photo of their eats?

gogo

I'm with Gogo on this.. The lamb one sounds quite good actually...

Either way - these sandwiches have FRESH, HOT fries on them - am I right? Nothing wrong with that.

Yup, fresh fries. The lamb one Sounds good, but it's not. This one's kind of a mystery to me: I've never known lamb to clash with chili, garlic fries, and mozzarella sticks. I mean chili, chili goes with everything, heck my favorite chili has lamb in it. I've pulled these subs apart and ate all these ingredients by themselves, and everything was fine. I've had them try one, and even they disliked it, something's just off. They're talking about starting from scratch with the lunch one. I'll have to check back in a week or two to see if they fixed it.

• 5 years later...

Liver and caul fat, anyone?

This year we have an au pair girl from NewZealand. She noticed that we never eat sheep. Not much to wonder, sheep don't like forests and we have a lot of them. So they have no tradition in our region. But I promised her to recover an old recipe somewhere hidden in my memory from a time I was at army and one of my people was the son of a shepherd. Luckily I found the recipe in the internet and a sheep butcher 15km away who promised to keep the one special thing for me. So tomorrow we will try it.

Leber-nach-Sch%C3%A4ferart-1.jpg

You guessed it, the above is a Fettnetz from a sheep, fat netting, caul fat, ...

Leber-nach-Sch%C3%A4ferart-2.jpg

sheep liver

Leber-nach-Sch%C3%A4ferart-4.jpg

Liver and onions cut in stripes, chopped garlic, salt and pepper all placed on the fat netting

Leber-nach-Sch%C3%A4ferart-5.jpg

the net wrapped around the filling

Leber-nach-Sch%C3%A4ferart-6.jpg

Rolled and then roasted

Leber-nach-Sch%C3%A4ferart-8.jpg

The result cut in slices. Served with mashed potatoe and farmers bread.

pictures from here:

https://fraenkische-tapas.de/leber-nach-schaefers-art/

Eww. I don´t think I need breakfast anymore! chattius, you misunderstood the thread title!

If you live in a country where minus 400 degrees is common and nothing special during the winter, then it´s understandable, that you need a bit more calories. Especially if you watch icehockey on your veranda, arm in arm with polar bears, wolfes and elks. (Of course a box of beer is ready too.)

I think the Oktoberfest is far more palatable, exept the vomit-hill, which shall not be portrayed here.
(:

Edited by Dax

That actually looks good Chattius... I have use Netting fat before in the kitchens and I have no problem using or eating it. I am not a big fan of liver, I find it to be grainy most of the time. The taste is good, can sometimes taste a bit like metal, but then it was not prepped properly before the time...

I hope she enjoyed it?

I think today is the day when I posted yesterday that we will eat it tomorrow. 3 hours to go ;)

Liver is best from young animals because it filters the blood and so metal concentration in the liver raises with time. Liver is very very very high on vitamins. It is so high on vitamin A that my wife (a doc) forces me to ask if anyone pregnant is at the table.

So normally we eat liver perhaps 4 times a year with some weaks between at unhealthy weather. Fat netting builds a crispy crust while all the tasty and healthy juices are kept in.

I fat-net do much more things. I have easy access to caul fat and so I use it for example on fish which taste a bit dry, like carps (from pond), blaices (supermarket), pikes (pond), ... Skinning, a butterfly-cut so that the halves are still connected, filled, fat netted to keep all together and roasted.

Crispy carp, filled with fennel, fatnetted and roasted, german recipe and picture from: http://www.sportfischerverein-braunsbedra.de/html/rezepte.html

Karpfen-gebacken1.jpg

blaice, filled with champignons, leek and tomato

Rezept-Fisch-Scholle-mit-Champignons-Lau

german recipe and picture from link below

https://rezept.sz-magazin.de/rezept/fisch-scholle-gefuellt-mit-champignons-lauch-und-tomaten/