31 replies to this topic

#21 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,216 posts
  • Platform:PC

Posted 12 October 2014 - 07:24 AM

Merged the topic, this way we're hanging out here this fabulously sunny Sunday morn^^

This was actually my favorite review of Sacred 3... I pretty much catharsised on it, and all my heart breaking achy breaking ness was healed.

Okay, well not really, but maybe almost?

:crazy:

gogo

#22 Ironwill

Ironwill

Chromium Defender

• Supporting Member
  • 268 posts
  • Steam Name:ironwill86

Posted 12 October 2014 - 07:55 AM

I think I kept laughing around at least 2 minutes,describing arya's instruction part was hilarious :D

#23 Knuckles

Knuckles

Grand Poobah

• Site Moderator
  • 6,280 posts
  • Steam Name:Knuckles (Robb)

Posted 12 October 2014 - 08:10 AM

Watched his review a few times....not sure I'll ever get tired of it. I had almost bought S3 knowing how Un-Sacred it was just so I could answer any questions our members might have had about it. I was willing to take one for the team, bite the bullet, to boldly go where no one wanted to go.

But the questions never materialized and my money was used for more pleasing things. My only regret is that I wish Unbended started it's production a lot sooner. I hate waiting to get my fix for anything related to Sacred. But that feeling will never get bad enough to purchase S3.

#24 SX255

SX255

Prince of Helium

• Sacred Wiki Member
  • 853 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 08:50 AM

Watched his review a few times....not sure I'll ever get tired of it. I had almost bought S3 knowing how Un-Sacred it was just so I could answer any questions our members might have had about it. I was willing to take one for the team, bite the bullet, to boldly go where no one wanted to go.

But the questions never materialized and my money was used for more pleasing things. My only regret is that I wish Unbended started it's production a lot sooner. I hate waiting to get my fix for anything related to Sacred. But that feeling will never get bad enough to purchase S3.

If you ever do get to play it, could you try beating the game using nothing but the legendary dodge-roll option?

Silly message nr353 - We don't have bugs, we have dragons!

#25 Ironwill

Ironwill

Chromium Defender

• Supporting Member
  • 268 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 09:21 AM

SX255 block reaches 90% at higher levels,have you tried that? It makes boss fights literally nothing

#26 SX255

SX255

Prince of Helium

• Sacred Wiki Member
  • 853 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 03:24 PM

SX255 block reaches 90% at higher levels,have you tried that? It makes boss fights literally nothing

What?

I didn't buy Sacred 3, and don't intend to any time soon.

#27 Ironwill

Ironwill

Chromium Defender

• Supporting Member
  • 268 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 03:58 PM

you said legendary dodge-roll,it is a defensive active ability in s3,you can also block too but never mind

#28 SX255

SX255

Prince of Helium

• Sacred Wiki Member
  • 853 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 07:57 AM

:xmastree:

Yay!

Sacred 3 won Yahtzees Worst game of the year spot!

Spot number 5 out of 5, but a spot non the less.

P.S. Though I don't agree with Thief being on the list, primarily because I'm about to play it.

#29 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,216 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 09:51 AM

hahahahah

this makes me laugh, grin and kinda crow with a justice well-served brand of cackle

:)

gogo

#30 Mystix123

Mystix123

Chromium Defender

• Members
  • 377 posts
  • Platform:PS3
  • PSN ID:Mystix123

Posted 02 January 2015 - 12:34 PM

That seems like a fitting place for Sacred 3. It wasn't the worst of the worst, but it deserves a spot on that list. Granted, I have no intentions of wasting time on either Sacred 3 or Lightning Returns (even if I'm paid to play either game), so I won't ever be able to judge which was actually worse.

However, I'd argue that the conditions around its release set a new low, simply because I can't think of another company who has pulled something as shameful as their "Quick! Release it before the press embargo is lifted!" tactic. A tactic which reeks of "We expect our game to fail".

Granted, the community gave them fair warning...short of a billboard outside of their office with "Change course now!" in giant red letters.

Edited by Mystix123, 02 January 2015 - 12:35 PM.

#31 SX255

SX255

Prince of Helium

• Sacred Wiki Member
  • 853 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 03:43 AM

P.S. Though I don't agree with Thief being on the list, primarily because I'm about to play it.

Just beat Thief 4, and it’s OK. Basically, it’s Thief 3 with a different story and a graphics detail update.

While having valid points about the flaws in the game, Yahtzee is completely bias when it comes to the Thief series. No way does Thief 4 qualify for any top 5 worst games list of the year, especially not number 1.

#32 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Master of Antimony

• Supporting Member
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 12:53 PM

@SX255

quote yajtzee: "...the worst game needn't necessarily be the most objectivly badly made or frustrating one, but the game with the worst intentions. ..."

ok, so it's like thief 3... I think the point he tried to make is, that it isn't like thief 1...

I never played any games of that series, not my kind of genre, but I've watched this dude for over 6 years now, and if there is a complaint to be made, I value his opinion.

The same goes for sim city (5) for example. not really the worst game ever made, but to me personally a load of "you know what" simply because there's not enough of the old sim city left.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users