My devious daughter

HAHAHAHAHA! wow, she caught you very well knuckles!

she might have been doing all those things out of the kindness in her heart(she might have inherited it from you), and afterwords realized that maybe if she asks for a puppy now, the chances will be better!

Delta!

She set that one up pretty good...I feel soo bad for her future husband..poor guy won't know what to do (and I won't help him lol)

Just found out I have to travel to Connecticut to pick up. Guess Massachusetts has some rather stringent regulations concerning animals entering the state (puppy is in Arkansas right now). So about a 10 hour round trip for me. But it is a rescued puppy so I do feel I'm doing a little good in this world by adopting.

And just got more pics...cuteness factor going waaay up :thumbsup:

post-373-0-62703800-1408912725_thumb.jpg

post-373-0-50888700-1408912737_thumb.jpg

post-373-0-02087100-1408912751_thumb.jpg

• Like! 1

With my hand broken, my daughter has been going crazy cleaning up, making dinner, getting me a drink etc. And here I was thinking that she was doing this out of kindness. Little did I know she had an ulterior motive.

After she slaved around the house for 3 days (she even washed my truck) she made her demands known. In a few weeks we'll have a new addition to our house..too cute to say no :D

We lost our golden retriever last October and she has been searching and searching for a puppy for sooo long. Finally found the perfect one....she's a labrador/rottweiller mix and on Sept 13th she'll join our family

I like her style!

For helping out an animal, consider the extra goodies she did for Dad a blessing

so...who's bedroom (bed!) does it get?

:)

gogo

Oh this will be the kiddo's doggie...there is no way I'll be able to stop her from smuggling her up into her bed at night....hope she likes water....beach is just 150 feet away

Nah the golden was pretty lazy...she was always up for a walk but never would run or venture into the water. She was a sweet sweet dog but didn't really turn out to be a playmate for my daughter :(

This one better like truck rides and the ocean cuz it's going to see a lot of it...Hoping she will be a bundle of energy during the day, but can chill and hangout at night.

My daughter hasn't come up with a name that I know of....she may wait til she holds her to make a decision, but the name is totally up to her.

Devious:

Yes whenever my daughter (doesn't matter how old they are) behave like this the alarm bells in my head ring: expensive wish, bad marks at school. wanting to sleep out of house, weekend at a rock festival, ...

Dogs:

If it is a cute litte dog daughters have to pay for it. if it is a 120 mass of muscles and teeth and is able to scare away even the bravest of boys I pay for it ;)

Because we live outside the village mid in forest our dogs are tax free. Living in a forest is one reason for me to have at least some big dogs. We have 5 dogs:

2 Leonberger: heart of gold, excellent swimmers and trained as water rescue dogs. They have 120pounds weight and are able to pull even an adult out of the water. We have a a small stream into a lake which causes a nasty invisible whirlpool. Also nice to pull sledges, small wagons and when the twins were small they could even ride on them. Or they slept between the legs of the dogs in the dog hut. They are also protective, very protective, very very...

Papillon (continental toy spaniel): the cute little dog of my wife when we just married and still at university. The dog is 17 years now and the age is noticable.

Kuhhund (cow dog, historical used to move cows from one place to another): a very agile and active dog. Great for frisbee catching and playing.

Deutsch Kurzhaar (german shorthaired pointer): good nose to track animals hit by cars. Also very family friendly and I have the brown white variant.

Dog names:

Our dog names are double: they have a documented name from the breeder and a name we were choosing for them. Tarzan because as a pub he was biting in a towel and didn't let loose, even swinging like Tarzan. Or the lion like dogs named after Disney's king of the lions. My hunting dog is named Freya after the dog we had when I was a very small kid. I named the cow dog Berti after 'Berti' Vogts . A former defender in the german soccer team and known for his tackling. He was nicknamed Wadenbeisser = calves biter. The same method the cow dog is using, he does pseudo attacks to the lower legs of cows to move them.

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Fell in love with it too....Biggest thing my daughter is worried about is all our previous dogs and cats seem to bond with me. Especially the dogs. For some reason I must emanate a 'best buddy' vibe to them. Even my bosses dog will hang out with me and not him when I'm at the shop.

Now fish don't like me. She has had a few beta fish. Every time I got close to them they would puff out their cheeks and try and stare me down.

What worries me is the puppy is 11 weeks old now and already 15 pounds :o Sounds like she is gonna get big. I'd say around 100lbs.

One more week and we get her :)

• Like! 1

Dogs, they see themself as part of the family and the kids as siblings. What could be a possibility: if their are dog schools around let your daughter visit the classes with the dog. So she will hopefully be seen as a more dominant part of the family.

It worked fine with one of our Leo's. She started water rescue training and disaster training when she was just 16 weeks. The training was at the local DLRG group. DLRG = Deutsche Lebensrettungs Gesellschaft = german institut for rescue and disaster relief. The training was free for our daughter and the dog because my daughter trained rescue swimming already at the club. Somehow I never saw rescue dogs at bay watch. But at lakes formed by streams their can be whirlpools and a dog has a better muscle to mass ratio. Also they are trained to trail people from the senior homes if they lost orientation, sniffing for drowned people while sitting in a boat, ...

Didn't know anyone with a Rottweiler/Labrador. A Rottweiler/Labrador is probably full of energy and the energy has to be channeled. Even the Rottweiler/Berner Sennenhund (Bernese mountain dog) mix of my brother was full of energy. And the mountain dog is rather a calm dog used to pull sledges and carts of the shepherds while herding animals.

Well we finally got her at 11pm last night. Didn't get home til 2am this morning. Here's a pic of her and my daughter and also of me. Now you can all see what I look like finally :) Told ya I was one big ugly dude (in my defense I was very tired)

Ladies and gentlemen, the newest addition to our small family......Shyloh

Shiloh_zpsd6d342ee.jpg

Aw, that's one cute dog.

And you have awesome facial hair. Wish I had a mustache that big and thick.

• Like! 1

Well we finally got her at 11pm last night. Didn't get home til 2am this morning. Here's a pic of her and my daughter and also of me. Now you can all see what I look like finally :) Told ya I was one big ugly dude (in my defense I was very tired)

Ladies and gentlemen, the newest addition to our small family......Shyloh

Shiloh_zpsd6d342ee.jpg

Wonderful pic Knuckles

The new family member is adorable!

:heart:

gogo

• 1 month later...