Hello fellow Sacred fans!

Greetings alll!

I bought the Sacred bundle on Steam and right away got off to a great start with Sacred 2, have yet to beat the game but I plan to with at least one character, eventually.

Sacred Gold sat unplayed for months and ironically, it wasn't until the release of the horrifically tragic Sacred 3 that I felt inspired to play all of the original Sacred franchise so Sacred 2 was put on hold and now I find myself addicted to the first Sacred, already with over 100 hours logged and about four different characters all off to a good start but my wood elf is taking the lead for highest level which is currently about 30 on silver. And most of this is due to the wonderful build guides I've found on this site. I truly don't think I would be getting nearly as much enjoyment out of my games without this site.

So with that in mind I thought it was high time for me to actually register here and become more active, even though I truly am more of a lurker at heart but I speak up when prudent now and then.

So anyway, just wanted to say hi!

Shadeling

We've found a good number of peeps finding us on these boards after what happened to Sacred 3. Looking for a fix, and finding it in number two, and unfortunately not in 3.

We're happy to have you here with us Shadeling, thanks for taking some time to write out a post for us an say hello

Welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo

Every ARPG is trying to get out of Diablo 2's shadow, even Diablo 3 (bleh).

You know the weird thing is even though Sacred series gets slammed on some gaming sites, when Sacred 2 was added to GOG recently, every comment (and there were hundreds and hundreds) was positive and enthusiatic. In fact there were a just a few reviews that were like "whoa guys calm down, maybe this game is a little overrated, I'd only give it 4/5 stars." The first time I'd ever seen such glowing response outside of DarkMatters or old Ascaron forums.

Yeah, I'm used to hitting "enter" an extra time on DarkMatters, so much so that I wind up doing it on other forums and adding too much space. The spacing between paragraphs also acts a little differently if you have plain text mode on vs. html. So it can make some of the massive posts I make w/ screenshots and links really hectic. Our forum masterminds were talking about a forum upgrade at some point in the future, so maybe we'll see some kinks worked out. ;)

Edited by Flix
  • Like! 1

Yeah, it was weird how the juxtaposition of two things can suddenly enlighten you into the fact that both just might be worthwhile. I'm just glad I got over it and took the plunge, otherwise I would be missing out on a lot of the fun I'm having right now. ;)

I used to play Diablo II to a lot, back in the day but I have yet to even demo Diablo III, because unfortunately for Blizzard, in the decade they took to finish their crappy game I became enlightened to how developers who are run by huge corporations ultimately end up screwing you over and deeply disappointing you. So I waited to hear the initial reactions to the game and I am so glad I did!

I know that the expansion rectifies most of the original's horrific faults but on principle alone I'm waiting until both games hit bargain basement prices before I finally buy them. I have zero patience for publisher game development now adays and that's totally possible thanks to crowdfunding. Hallelujah the skies are the limit once again for the creativity of gaming and I couldn't be happier! I intend to support Unbended as well as soon as my budget allows. That's how I can invest in crowdfunded games worry free because I plan for them, and if they don't pan out, oh well but that risk is so worth it to me just so I can keep the Deep Silvers and Electronic Arts as far away from my gaming as possible.

Hi and welcome Deborah

Listening to reviews and player feedback can be misleading sometimes. Take Diablo 3 for instance. If anyone asked me my thoughts on it when it first came out, I would have said that I was disappointed in it and could have listed numerous things I didn't like.

But I definitely got my money's worth out of it. I just felt it wasn't a worthy successor to D2. If I'm on the fence about purchasing a game, I'm looking for the demo and/or gameplay videos. Like you said...you need to get through the chaff. Posts like "Omg it sucks" or "This game is garbage" really don't do much to help me form an opinion. I like the long detailed posts that are critical but objective. The ones that list the Pro's and Con's.

There are a few crowd funded games that I have supported without any real idea of gameplay. Like Grim Dawn and now Unbended. I supported those based simply on my relationship with the developers when they had made previous games.

• Like! 1

Knuckles,,I spent 2000 hours on diablo 3.It was and still is downgraded version of diablo 2.
It starts with destruction of skill tree,being unable to give attribute points,removal of mana(mana potions,reju potions) reduction of 8 people party to 4.Implementing a level cap like wow 60(70 experience)
Diablo 3 is like when you level up,game will decide what skill or runestone(modification in sacred) you can use.It spents 3 attributes based on your character stat 2 on vit 1 on x and 1 on y.

In reaper of souls they brought back things from diablo 2,shut down auction house,added an option to distribute stat,crit chance,crit damage,vitality,attack speed,move speed,all resist,max life etc.Increased stats of every items but at the same time brought a horrible 4 primary 2 secondary prop system on everything,making nearly all legendaries and sets identical

They never bothered to fix 2 handed weapons ever,while I'm godlike with my two handed sword Shadow Warrior in Sacred 2.If you use two handed weapon in diablo 3 between 2 strikes you fall a sleep,when you wake up your hand is still on its way to hit the target.

As a personal advice,stay away from diablo 3,there is nothing there

Edited by Ironwill

Never played diablo 2

Si for me diablo 3 was a fresh stand alone

Was horribly addicted to it till just a month ago where made decision to go and uninstalled it so to give more time to unbended for this site

I finally see the outside world

Gogo

I've read almost all of their Q&A,is there any estimated time(or your prediction) of game's release? 2016?

I'd love it soon, but I have so much anticipation for this game I'm actually ready to say... As long as it takes!

(suppressed groan)

Gogo

Don't worry, time goes by amazingly fast (too fast when you get older like me, hehe). It seems like only yesterday I backed Pillars of Eternity and now it's *whooosh* two years later with the backer beta that has some of the more vocal backers demanding they take more time, etc.

For me, I want time to slow down so I can save up for that sweet little perk of being a mayor of your own town (edit: in Unbended). It's times like this when I truly miss the carefree days of my youth when I'd just throw caution to the wind and buy whatever caught my fancy and damn the consequences. *sigh* Those were great times.

Edited by Shadeling
  • Like! 1