High Elf - Expulse Magic Banish Dead,Banish Creation modification suggestion

HE_13.gif Banishes weaker spells within its range and instills fear in nearby opponents. Aspect

HE_Asp_02.png - Delphic Arcania

Innate Abilities (level 1) Modifications See also: Sacred 2:Combat Art Modifications

MODicons_12.gifBronze

• Strength - Increases banishing potential but maintain the same effective radius. (40% increase)
  • Expansion - Increases effective radius but maintains the banishing potential. (+25%)
MODicons_10.gifSilver
  • Pentagram - Reduces the duration and impact of incoming weakening effects. (Detrimental Magic Effects -50%)
  • Banish Dead - Damages undead creatures within the radius of effectiveness. (16-16 Magic damage, only against Undead)
MODicons_08.gifGold

This spell originally deals no damage but by unlocking Banish Dead and Banish Creation modifications,it deals almost high damage to undead and T-energy creatures.

post-30369-0-72683100-1409374500_thumb.jpg

It doesnt display anything(numbers) about undead and t-enery damage.Is it possible to include damage with a patch or something?

• Like! 1

This is an ongoing project of mine, to figure out if (and how) additional properties can be added to the CA tooltips. The short answer is, I don't think it can be done by anyone currently modding the game.

CA properties are encoded in global.res, but adding new entries hasn't worked for me thus far. I can only change the names of existing tooltips.

Let me give an example. When you decode global.res, you see the tooltip text entries for Expulse Magic:

0595724923 Chance to Fear Opponents
0595724924 Spell-banishing Effectiveness
0595724925 Duration

The Regeneration Time property is, I assume, hard-coded to appear on its own.

Now, you might think that maybe trying the next (or previous) number in the sequence would add the property to the tooltip. But neither 0595724925 nor 0595724922 will appear in-game. I suspect that global.res is "calling" on spells.txt in some way, but I don't know how, or what to use to encode new entries properly. I haven't spoken to anyone who knew either.

There's more to it than that, but I don't want to type a page of experiments and technical data.

• Like! 1

inquisitor's reverse polarity has similar thing

after choosing this

Sphere - Opponents within a certain radius around the Inquisitor will be hit and damaged by small streaks of lightning. (21 + 10.5 per CA level magic damage (+damage modifiers))

post-30369-0-61950100-1409380456_thumb.jpg

Reverse Polarity displays no damage by default,so it comes out of nowhere.Maybe there is some content to inspire for coding in it

• Like! 1

One thing I've noticed about regular damage (not DOT or race-specific damage) is that it will always appear on any CA tooltip when added to the CA, regardless of any text encoding. So looking at Reverse Polarity for clues is unfortunately a dead end. Good thinking though.

This is why some of my custom combat arts from Enhanced Spells (like Sublime Guardian) still display damage (correctly), even while all other properties remain hidden.

• Like! 1