Sign in to follow this  
SX255

♣ How lewd is the Unbended world? ♥

SX255    628

:excl: I opened up a pole on their forums for a very important issue about the game world of Unbended.

Please contribute your opinion there.

This is a big question that needs addressing and processing by the community.

Sacred 1 came out 10 years ago. Since then a lot of kids have turned young adult. A lot of older adults will play the game as well. Mature humor and user content is inevitable (as are adult nude mods and inappropriate animation mods).

Now as the Unbended is about to go into actual development, we all, as a c community, need to answer a few important questions on what content do we want to see.

1. So how much of mature/lewd/adult content should we expect? How much of it we can contribute?
  2. What minimal age demographic are we aiming here? Teens?
  3. What rating would we go for? Mature or lower?
  4. Will there be actual brothels this time?!

Because if I hear "That oh so noble madmazel of Anthonil. A fine brothel she seams to have" one more time and not find an actual brothel in the game, I’ll burn the city to the ground... and then be very sad. clear.png The NPC random generated conversations was a very lovely mechanic, be it a tad repetitive.

For those curious: en_UK version - f3 f4 m8 - npc_eliza_helf_elf_elf_topic_5_start_1.ogg

Edited by SX255

Ironwill    135

I highly hate everything that clouds true reality.You can insert many things here,adult content,community condemning,meaningless restrictions of all religions.It was nice having sex scenes on Spartacus(tv show) and True Blood but of course it was cut when it came to TV.There is no really point of hiding things,people will eventually reach them.

One of the saddest things I had,always believed I was watching the real intro when I was a kid

Do you want me to vote nude please or "the things I would do to dragons"(I dont know what that means)
  • Like 1

Knuckles    855

My post over at Unbended...

TBH I'm not interested in nudes/inappropriate mods. I'm not looking for a cross between Leisure Suit Larry and a RPG (exaggerating here). Just because previous games the dev's made are now several years old, I don't think that should also change the demographics for this game.

Just because we all want to make Unbended our actual Sacred 3, it isn't. I'm guilty of this too. But Unbended is a new world with new characters. And I would think the dev's would want to make this game appealing to a wide range of age groups..

I don't mind mature content (Twitty Tister anyone?) but I don't want it to be in my face all the time. The closest thing I can think of would be a Disney movie. Great for the kids but plenty of mature humor for the adults

• Like 2

SX255    628

Do you want me to vote nude please or "the things I would do to dragons" (I don't know what that means)

I would like everybody to vote, yes.

But vote on what YOU want the adult level of the game to be.

And if you don't know what "the things I would do to dragons ;)" means, then don't vote for that.

The pole is organized by level of content realization from development point of view.

Ironwill    135

I knew what you meant by that dragon thing but whatever,voted nude

• Like 1

gogoblender    1,501

ha, what a topic to dig into over breakfast SX :thumbsup:

I like mature content with good taste, some humor, and most importantly restraint. Restraint has always been what sets up apart the bawdy from the perhaps lascivious and on-point humorous

The Sacred series has always managed, at least for me, to find it's way into all the different cockles and ventricles of my heart and sole... a touch of laughter, some science, and yes, the brazen beauties, and nigh almost perfect build system.

let what has been ...continue

*echo*

That's the touch of epic you're feeling in my pen this morning

:superman:

gogo

• Like 1

Spock    197

I just posted but haven't voted yet.

Must say, it's a bit awkward having to translate the buttons so I know which ones to use ...

Edited by Spock

SX255    628

I just posted but haven't voted yet.

Must say, it's a bit awkward having to translate the buttons so I know which ones to use ...

Err... The poll buttons are in English...

gogoblender    1,501

What about a DLC available for ultra grown ups?

:devil:

gogo

Gilberticus    250

My thoughts are no lewd content in the base game, but allow for adult mods, like with Skyrim. Man, the pervy things I can do in that game.....probably are UNSAT to mention here

• Like 1

Dorimil    201

well...I like some eye candy in the games. one of the first mod for Skyrim was the more beautiful women (no not the nude one, just "facelifting" ;) ). I would expect a rating of 16+ in Germany for the game. I think thats ok for the game.

• Like 1

Spock    197

The poll buttons may be in English but the Submit button isn't. ;)

• Like 1

claudius    80

The pole categories don't fit how I think.

It's a difficult rope to walk. In the US, nudity in games is frowned upon more than violence. In other countries, it's the reverse. Personally, I'm fine with or without nudity, since I don't play games for that particular aspect.

• Like 1

Flix    2,966

It is true in U.S. media, the slightest bit of nudity or sexual content is considered much more inappropriate for the young (or anybody) than violence and gore. It actually made me smirk in the other thread when someone was talking about how "prude" Germany was for censoring blood in a video game.

• Like 1

SX255    628

The pole categories don't fit how I think.

I thought I covered all the basics from TOTALY NO to TOTALY YES.

What did I miss?... Do we even need to know?

claudius    80

Yeah looking at it again makes sense. But some could be misleading. I probably limit as eye candy, but I mean a seraphims boobs and butt in her outfit and not a naked default setting or something crazy. I don't care what anyone does in their own home but it shouldn't be default. For gore I like gore on default but there should be a toggle to turn it off because some people really have like a honestly anxiety response to blood and guts. I wouldn't mind a nudity toggle but they might as well make mods.

• Like 1

Spock    197

Yeah looking at it again makes sense. But some could be misleading. I probably limit as eye candy, but I mean a seraphims boobs and butt in her outfit and not a naked default setting or something crazy. I don't care what anyone does in their own home but it shouldn't be default. For gore I like gore on default but there should be a toggle to turn it off because some people really have like a honestly anxiety response to blood and guts. I wouldn't mind a nudity toggle but they might as well make mods.

Hmm, wonder if we could create something like that in real life ... :drool:

It would have to be personally selective though as well as quick and easy to change the settings. :eek:

• Like 1

Nudity will affect how the game is marketed, in the US at least. Back when Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion was released, I believe it was rated Teen. But then a nude mod was released, the ratings board (ESRB in the states) freaked out, and backrated it to Mature. Fortunately it wasn't Adults Only; if a game is given an Adults Only rating, it's pretty much impossible to sell in the states, as far as I know, since retailers don't want to carry it.

Of course, the whole ratings board is in my opinion a big sham. But I digress...

Edited by junkcollector
  • Like 1