implementing combat quotes link under Character's "See Also" section  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Should we open a page including Combat Quotes for all characters?

Fixed the link so Orcs points to all Orc types and not just the one enemy. As far as Animals goes....actually it's just the chicken that is classified as that so I changed it to 'Wild Animals'. Hope you don't mind :)

Otherwise love the content going up...keep up the good work

Thank you for fixing the links Knuckles!

Wild Animals is more fitting,both for the page link and decription

Thank you very much!,I'll do my best

• Like! 1

Just looking at the page, it's looking polished.

Question

Who does the voice in English ?

Is there a list of the people who did the voices somewhere?

This could be a delicious tidbit of info to place on the page

:)

gogo

Google is failing,I manually searched imdb and it's information is for german actors only except Pat Duke(Inquisitor)

and I also found this :D

5L2Lr3F.jpg

next two replies suggest looking for credits of the game and the other one suggests imdb.
I'll be looking into this.

• Like! 1

good to hear
about searching credits dont do it! I tried twice the only voice actor section I came up with

Hansi Johnmann - Dryade (Dryad)
Sandra Schwittau - Hochhelfe (High Elf)
Michael Pan - Inquisitor
Nana Spier - Seraphim
Thomas Fritsch - Schattenkrieger (Shadow Warrior)
Raimund Krone - Tempelwächter (Temple Guardian)

* I included characters' German names intentionally for German players,if they search for them in the future because I gathered Actor - Character info from various sites.I can remove the German part if it is forbidden here.

all are german character VA,if you happen to come up with these,ignore them

Edited by Ironwill

This was in my mind all alone,I'm putting shadow and light path specific voices together.I think leaving common voices for current text is fine with me and Bold text seems fine with Shadow Campaign quotes.See Below;

ung7K5x.jpg

Background color is closer to text color,I think this would create a problem and on more thing,I used a custom code to make that color

<div style="font-size:11pt;color:#FFFFFF;"><I><b>Give me more, you meathead!</b></I></div>

Am I allowed to continue or not?

I decided to make

Italic Text for Shared
Bold Text for Shadow Campaign quotes
Non-Italic for Light Campaign quotes

Edited by Ironwill

Thanks! I already e-mailed unbended.de but they seem to be unfriendly with me when the subject isn't about donating :bounce:

Of course! I'll complete the information then making it look good is yours! :D I still don't know how to work on a wiki page,just spent a month or starocean's.

About quotes,I want to kill myself for not picking Shadow Campaign for Shadow Warrior,he is called Shadow Warrior for a reason!
I never knew he had a huge list for Killing and Damage taking quotes.

• Like! 1

Enough credit can't be due this game. The builds, enormity of the world, all the easter eggs and humorous writing... sometimes I wonder they were able to put as much as they did

This is a great new addition Orkun, and now, with the pages you've become a Wiki Pro!

gogo

Enough credit can't be due this game. The builds, enormity of the world, all the easter eggs and humorous writing... sometimes I wonder they were able to put as much as they did

This is a great new addition Orkun, and now, with the pages you've become a Wiki Pro!

gogo

wow :o thanks so much for the compliment Rommel! but my work is far from over! There are walking on t-energy areas,against running enemy(low survival bonus) and lines against tougher enemies.Should I add those too?

btw idle thing was Flix's idea

Edited by Ironwill
  • Like! 1

+++ @ Flix :bounce:

wow, didn't know there were so many different "sub" dialogues... does each class in fact have it's own unique "sub" dialogues for all these different distinctions?

I myself have no problem against any sort of documenting or referencing of the game. There are are an unlimited number of projects that can still be created... anyone ever thought of , for example, classifying or organizing all the different vegetation in the game?

:lol:

gogo

• Like! 1

wow, didn't know there were so many different "sub" dialogues... does each class in fact have it's own unique "sub" dialogues for all these different distinctions?

I myself have no problem against any sort of documenting or referencing of the game. There are are an unlimited number of projects that can still be created... anyone ever thought of , for example, classifying or organizing all the different vegetation in the game?

:lol:

gogo

Of course they have! If you look at High Elf's Quotes it is obvious.

If I give some examples.

When Light Shadow Warrior gets closer to tougher enemy he says;

"These guys are tough nuts to crack I should exercise caution"

Meanwhile Shadow Shadow Warrior says;

"These guys are not amateurs!"

Against run away types

Shadow : Fleeing won't do you any good, I have connections to the underworld...

Light: I don't remember for now but it is certainly different

I haven't tested both campaigns T-Energy Field but what I know is;

-This energy - it is trying to take possession of me!

-If I stay for too long I will die'

Yeah there are many many more things to add.

For example is it possible to add Push to Play Icon to play these sounds? XD

Over a thousand lines for each character. Ironwill is just hitting the high points I think with this project.

zomgod, so many lines...

This why they ran out of money for the game?

:4rofl:

gogo

zomgod, so many lines...

This why they ran out of money for the game?

:4rofl:

gogo

Voice actors aren't paid well in my country.Movie,cartoon,video game they aren't known here,same for worldwide too.Except few games most people don't know who voiced the characters they are playing and they don't seem to support or care(Nolan North is an exception) you see we can't even find out who voiced English version of this game,Even the company refused to list them in credits!!! I believe they were paid so little

Correct me if I am wrong

• Like! 1

It's too bad about this for their names not being known... a few of my friends are actually voice actors here in Montreal, and it's wonderful, satisfying work... it's a good mystery though... See Orkun the wonder you have released!

:bounce:

gogo

• Like! 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love the idea!

I loved touching units in blizzard games, I happen to smile whenever I hear "nobody here but us trees" (camou tank from C&C RA2) or "I am big" in this really slow, deep voice (Overlord Tank, C&C Generals). Mooo moomoo moo mooo, mooo moomoo moooo (yep, that's a cow, alright).

Now that I think about it, back when I did use ICQ I actually had "I sense a soul in search of answers" for incoming messages. Got a bit annoying sometimes, but I did stick with it for a long time. Finding these gems might be easier for me since I usually tweak speak, sound, music to 100%, 50%, 0% respectively in most games.

Also, since I'm not a native english speaker, I sometimes just can't manage to recognize the words and have to read what I just heard.