implementing combat quotes link under Character's "See Also" section  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Should we open a page including Combat Quotes for all characters?

Adria was saying it whenever you click the shop.Diablo 1 was kinda limited with sound db.Sacred 2 has much more.

About the English part,Sacred is originally a German game.This project is English because it is universal language.I'm not a native English speaker too.Hardly average,so I too mishear/misunderstand some lines

• 4 years later...

Strange to hear the angelic Seraphim repeating to say: 'Keine Gefangenen!/No Prisoners!'

Made me think about the scene we discussed at military school. Wellington gets reports that his soldiers run out of ammunition (1:48:30). Napoleon is outflanking Wellington, shooting with guns into the carrees (not in the movie) and was sending his elite troops to destroy Wellington's centre.

Then the prussians arrive (1:50:00). Blücher is leading the attack (strange because he was wounded the day before) and saying: No prisoners, I will shoot anyone who is showing pity. (*)

Then Wellington's troops who were out of ammunition shooting salvo after salvo...

None of Wellington soldiers is speaking german, dutch, ... while only a third of Wellington's soldiers spoke actually english.

(*)Was discussed if he said it. Fact is that when Blücher surrendered near Lübeck Napoleon's troops raided the neutral town and raped the women for days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH2BZgbbKjI

• Like! 1
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Always thought the *joke-writing * in the game was entertaining...they had great positioning, even on the forums when the devs were posting with support for the game back in the day... humor's built into the DNA of this game.. kind of like a low-grade opium while we're playing

:4rofl:

gogo

• 8 months later...

Just stumbled upon this thread, so allow me to shamelessly plug my thread I made a while ago regarding voice lines:

I did a little analysis there (in the spoilers) of the player (Shadow Warrior specifically) and enemy voice lines. Speculating about their trigger conditions, which can or can't be heard in-game, how difficult it is to encounter them etc.

Edited by idbeholdME
  • Like! 1
On 7/14/2022 at 10:07 AM, idbeholdME said:

Just stumbled upon this thread, so allow me to shamelessly plug my thread I made a while ago regarding voice lines:

I did a little analysis there (in the spoilers) of the player (Shadow Warrior specifically) and enemy voice lines. Speculating about their trigger conditions, which can or can't be heard in-game, how difficult it is to encounter them etc.

Its a good plug, thanks idbeholdME! Sometimes in big forums like this you can get so many vectors re almost same topic with vastly different outcomes of solutions that valuable journeys can get "lost" ... you kind of pasted great info together for more folks looking to get info on the voices, this will only have good effect.

Shameless plug aproved! :lol:

:hugs:

gogo