Bouncing shaking camera in Sacred 2

S4cR3d2

I get this bouncing shaking camera after beginning or completing a quest from an NPC.. im using the new dragon class char and just the plain Sacred 2 game with no addon mods.. although I did modify the balance.txt file to juice up the rare drops and get extreem big experience with lots of money after completing quests..any ideas on how to fix this camera shake problem ? also I cant use the keyboard keys only the mouse as it is shaking..then when the shaking stops after about a couple minutes or sometimes a minute it stops shaking

I was playing for hours and hours last night I found that when this shaking bouncing camera happens I started clicking with the mouse in a circular pattern around my char so that the char is going in circles seems to stop the shaking faster. I also found that if im in a clearing without trees or houses or game objects around it stops faster.

Idunno, but I think the camera is using collision detection which might be the reason why it is bouncing and shaking( I had this problem when I was making my own video game ) The camera might be hitting game objects around like trees ,houses ,etc..that have collision checkers which make the camera bounce off of them. idunno if this is the case but I sure wish they would fix it

One thing you could do is zoom in before you talk to an NPC. That way the camera doesn't have to zoom in/out when talking. Another thing is turning off follow camera if you have it on. I keep it off and rarely have this problem.

• Like! 1

The other day I also found a cool camera tweek. The tweek is to make the camera rotate/tilt so that you can see from right behind your char and see far ahead of you unlike the usual view. The usual view is where you see a top down bird's eye view when zoomed out as you move around making it impossible to see further ahead of your char as you move.

I found this camera tweek much better to use and now I use it all the time. Here is the link to the way to make the tweeked camera : http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Sacredplayersunited/discussions/1/864956554653631837/#p2

and don't forget if you make this tweak: "You need to delete the options.txt file in that same folder in order for the optionsCustom settings to take effect. A new options.txt file will be generated by the game the next time you play but with the optionsCustom settings accounted for. Keep in mind that deleting the options.txt file will mean you will need to re-enter your preferred settings in the game's menu of options such as graphics, sound and control options. You only need to delete the options.txt file when you make a change to your optionsCustom.txt file."

Edited by S4cR3d2
  • Like! 1