Somebody better tie up Gogo.

When looking at the map of Unbended, I noticed a new skull to the left of the Sacred Castle.

When looking closer, I found it in the city of Sedhannia; where something called "Magic Load" is located, with the description:

"Here you get thing they even don't exists"

Somehow, I got the feeling this is going to be a very special shop.

And remembering Gogo's addiction to Bravemart........... :wacko:

Thorin :)

• Like! 1

When looking at the map of Unbended, I noticed a new skull to the left of the Sacred Castle.

When looking closer, I found it in the city of Sedhannia; where something called "Magic Load" is located, with the description:

"Here you get thing they even don't exists"

Somehow, I got the feeling this is going to be a very special shop.

And remembering Gogo's addiction to Bravemart........... :wacko:

Thorin :)

Blast from the past guys!

lol, I remember that shopping spot was pretty much the precursor of today's modern chatting services! :4rofl: You could literally stay there for hours, drink a beer and just, wonderfully, click...

Course every once in a while, our horses would get in the way of each other and we'd have to ask someone to jostle out of the way so that we could get to the trader ...joyous times!

:)

gogo

• Like! 1

Oh man gogo was a shopaholic of epic proportions. For those that didn't play Sacred 1, Bravemart was the town to go to for shopping. Normally there was only one merchant but there was a quest that would place another merchant right next to the first one. You didn't even have to move a step to switch between the two, and their inventory would reset once you clicked the other merchant. So, you could shop very quickly and very effectively

And gogo was shopper supreme :D

Has it ever been figgered out whether this was done intentionally or not? I mean... did they really mean for the shops to be that close, or was this perhaps a misjudgment?

I remember that they'd broken up the shopping system in Sacred 2... but even with all that teleporting back and forth, was still worth it to shuttle tween shops!

:)

gogo

I can't remember if it was done intentionally in S1 but I know they didn't want a repeat of that in Sacred 2. They felt it was too easy to gear up that way and people weren't actually playing and killing stuff/completing quests to gear up the way they wanted them to.

I am 99.99345% sure gogo may have crashed the servers a few times shopping.....I am sure this is why we have no Bravemart in Sacred 2....yup pointing fingers....alll gogo's fault :P

• Like! 1

*cough, cough*

did someone find the "god mode" in Sacred 2 ;) ?

/me serves free almond biscuit

I'm pretty sure the Devs took all the "Console Commands" out of the production run. I remember trying some of the codes and was disappointed they didn't work. :(

Hey Spock - and I'm pretty sure, that a god mode is still active ^^ was implemented with the last bugfix.

I still wonder after all that years that it's not in the wiki *g*

You're evil powerpyx!

:whip:

gogo

I can't remember if it was done intentionally in S1 but I know they didn't want a repeat of that in Sacred 2. They felt it was too easy to gear up that way and people weren't actually playing and killing stuff/completing quests to gear up the way they wanted them to.

I am 99.99345% sure gogo may have crashed the servers a few times shopping.....I am sure this is why we have no Bravemart in Sacred 2....yup pointing fingers....alll gogo's fault :P

Hey, lol, that was SChot... after he got the whole WIDD thing going, we just had to keep shopping to keep up with the joneses!

:lol:

gogo

Epic conversations, indeed. Going more or less like this:

Gogo [ Dark ] Shoppahollic enters server

Gogo [ Dark ] Shoppahollic Hi everyone. Is Bravemart open?

Knuckles [ Dark ] Lorath's Slasher Just opened it up. Am there now

Gogo [ Dark ] Shoppahollic Cool. OMW!

4 hours later:

DreD Flamer enters the server

Dred Flamer has anyone seen Gogo?

Knuckles [ Dark ] Lorath's Slasher Try Bravemart. That's where I left him 3 hours ago.

Gogo [ Dark] Shoppahollic I'm at Bravemart, Dred.

Dred Flamer I've got you a trading ammy, giving +35 to bargaining.

Gogo [ Dark ] Shoppahollic Cool! When I replace my +15 to trading Amy, my bargaining skill gets to 275. Going for some epic shopping!

JimmyP Forger Want me to socket that Amy, Gogo. I can add some bargaining runes into your gear as well.

Gogo [ Dark ] Shoppahollic Yes, please, Jimmy. You're on the Island?

Yup, epic conversations indeed. :D

BTW: the name of the town was Braverock.

Bravewall was a small village to the east of the town, when you were heading towards Zhurag-Nar.

As for the location: yes, I think it was done intentional; however, I also think the Dev's had underestimated the effect of it.

With Sacred+ you had a few chars able to do some shopping, but the good items were part of a set and not that easy to come by. If not mistaken the Wood Elf and the BM had some set-parts giving a boost to shopping.

Even when it was revealed that you could set your starting skills by adjusting the options, and thus bargaining became available as starting skill for more chars, shopping for good items was time consuming.

When the Dwarf appeared in Underworld, things changed. The combination of Blacksmithing, bargaining and the Greed-CA made shopping for good items a lot easier.

Another thing having influence were the number of players in a server, thus several players having multiple accounts - and computers! - entered a server, parked their char at the starters Island and went shopping.

So the Dev's added the command that you had to move your char after some time to be avoided to be kicked off of the server, making shopping a bit harder, but still managable; as long as you kept half an eye at the chat-screen to see that "movement warning" showing up.

Thorin :D

LOL... Thorin, this is great... you captured that moment in time perfectly. There were so many little amusing things happening at that little moment in time, I remembered racing home just so I could get to the shopping lanes

:4rofl:

gogo

Hey Spock - and I'm pretty sure, that a god mode is still active ^^ was implemented with the last bugfix.

I still wonder after all that years that it's not in the wiki *g*

You're evil powerpyx!

:whip:

gogo

Hey ;) I'm the nice guy, not the bad boy ^^ and? did you found it? :BlobRed:

• Like! 1

funny thing is, I think most of the learning I got about the game came from all those merchant convo's ... we used to just sit there for hours on end... oh yeah I think I used to smoke back in those days...

:lol:

gogo

• Like! 1