No ticket was good enough for me...here it's $100 if you are between 1-10mph over the limit and $10 for every mile over that. So it could have been a $250 fine :o

Plus if he really wanted, I could have been charged with reckless driving, which would have driven my insurance costs way up. I was just honest with him and he was really cool back at me. Him being an AC/DC fan didn't hurt either.

I have now changed my ringtone to it in honor of this occasion :P

Nice work! You're lucky you weren't in Australia, 25km/h over the speed limit means an automatic loss of license on top of the fine! And I'm assuming you meant miles per hour so even worse; ~40km/h, which is a longer duration of suspension.

When you're driving down the road and you have the radio on...not really paying attention...it's just there because the silence is worse.......

....Do you have one song...a song that instantly grabs your attention after only the first note. You hear it and your ears perk up, your hand, of it's own volition is already reaching for the volume knob, it knows the routine...no input needed from your consciousness.

You crank it up as high as it can go...not caring that you're pumping 100 watts into 8 watt factory speakers...doesn't even matter if some are blown or can't handle the power. It may even come out as noise....but that noise has a beat....and that beat is the only thing that matters.

You don't even need to hear the words...you've had those memorized for years....you know them better than you know yourself.

You get goosebumps...your feet start tapping to the rhythm...maybe causing you to drive a little too fast...singing for all it's worth like you're a star up on stage...hands beating on the steering wheel

So you're heading down the highway going 25 over the limit singing like there's no tomorrow...just savoring the moment with your favorite song...

and...

You pass a police officer...

Who promptly turns the lights on and pulls you over...when he asks why you are driving so fast...you calmly reply (after turning down radio) that it would be a crime to drive slow to this song...that for 3-4 minutes you were in total bliss and the ticket would be a small price to pay for something that was so much fun...

And then he asks, what song were you listening to?

He smiles (is this a good sign?) and looks at me and says I remember seeing those guys in concert...best damn concert I ever went to...when that song came on we all went wild...And I said just like me in my van huh?

I got off with a warning :) :) :)

Still the best opening line of any song (IMHO)

..Stand up and be counted for what you are about to receive..

FIRE!

Awesome story!

awww, kinda wish I was driving lots still... then again after all the crazy tix I got, maybe I'll pass and read more stories like this

:)

gogo

In switzerland your car is considered a weapon/tool used in a crime if you are way too fast. As a weapon the state is allowed to sell it and keep the money.

The last time I had to explain my AC/DC'ism was at a reanimation class for firefighters. I was trained to sum or sing a melody to keep the rythm. While everyone used BeeGee's 'Stayin Alive' I was loud singing whenever I was at the rephraim at my favourite melody: 'Highway to hell, You are on a highway to hell'.

Old school believer of a shock therapy ;) I thing hard rock is better to press the breast down to at least 2 inches.

Some german discussions about which song is the best:

http://www.lz.de/home/nachrichten_aus_lippe/lage/lage/8290943_Ein_AC_DC-Hit_zeigt_OGS-Betreuern_den_richtigen_Rhythmus_bei_Herzmassagen.html

http://www.welt.de/gesundheit/article110411838/Stayin-Alive-hilft-bei-Herzdruckmassage.html

@ lujate...yeah it's really considered 'driving to endanger'...if he went by the book I would have been in a bit of trouble. I'm not advocating driving that fast (was doing 85 in a 60mph zone) but traffic was very light and I wasn't weaving across lanes trying to pass people. I do tend to drive over the limit all the time but not to that extreme. Typically if you're 10mph over or less around here they won't even look at you. The fact that I was honest and respectful and that I do not have one infraction on my driving record probably saved me.

Been in situations before I was sure I was getting a ticket and they ask how many tickets I have received. When I say none, they almost always check and then hand me back my registration and license and give me a verbal warning. Guess they think it was a one time thing and a warning is more appropriate than a ticket.

I drive a lot for work....so I know most of the spots where they like to hide. Plus I like to use what I call 'bait'. I'll wait for someone going faster than me to pass and then I'll trail that person several hundred yards behind. If I see brake lights I know to slow down and get in the right lane. By the time I get to where the cops is I'm driving at the limit along with everyone else.

@chattius.. wow seems using 'Staying Alive' for CPR is international. The instructors here also recommend that song when doing chest compressions