[ MOD ] - Survival Mod for Community Patch 1.40

steinerrr

Whoa awesome! Thanks for making this. I've always wanted to do something to make the difficulty of champion and Boss enemies feel more "dangerous" but I never knew quite how I wanted to do that.

I tried Moony's Challenge Mod but it added a zillion more enemies and packs of bosses which was kind of insane. I also tested Elite Figher: T-Invasion and instantly got 1-shotted by a random zombie. It didn't feel quite right.

Can you perhaps tell me how you reduced the respawn rate? This has always been a HUGE pet-peeve of mine with the Sacred series, that enemies respawn far too fast. I figured out how to alter the spawn count but not the rate.

• Like! 1

Whoa awesome! Thanks for making this. I've always wanted to do something to make the difficulty of champion and Boss enemies feel more "dangerous" but I never knew quite how I wanted to do that.

I tried Moony's Challenge Mod but it added a zillion more enemies and packs of bosses which was kind of insane. I also tested Elite Figher: T-Invasion and instantly got 1-shotted by a random zombie. It didn't feel quite right.

Can you perhaps tell me how you reduced the respawn rate? This has always been a HUGE pet-peeve of mine with the Sacred series, that enemies respawn far too fast. I figured out how to alter the spawn count but not the rate.

You'd be laughing but the respawn setting is in the old good balance.txt

respawnTimeStandard = ......

Elite Fighter: T-invasion was my creation as well :P. The problem with that mod was the fact that I did not properly palytest it. Actually I tested it with my level 190 BFG/100k shield/90% mitigation Seraphim and I did just fine :). THey actually managed to scratch me a bit.

This mod incorporates some parts of the old good T-invasion mod, just without the insane op monsters.

Edited by steinerrr

You'd be laughing but the respawn setting is in the old good balance.txt

respawnTimeStandard = ......

Elite Fighter: T-invasion was my creation as well :P. The problem with that mod was the fact that I did not properly palytest it. Actually I tested it with my level 190 BFG/100k shield/90% mitigation Seraphim and I did just fine :). THey actually managed to scratch me a bit.

This mod incorporates some parts of the old good T-invasion mod, just without the insane op monsters.

I am laughing because I should have found that but I didn't! I thought it might be Spawn_FactorPM but that turned out to be something else. Thanks!

Yeah, I left a nice comment in the Elite Fighter thread a while back because it seemed pretty cool at first but champions were too powerful.

That makes me more excited to try adding this mod to my game. :thumbsup:

Edited by Flix
  • Like! 1

For all its changes, this is a small mod that only alters a few scripts:

balance.txt

creatures.txt

spawn.txt

spells.txt

Therefore it's completely compatible with the CM Items Mod. Installation order does not matter either.

That might change when the new CM Patch 1.50 is released soon. This mod may have to be updated.

• Like! 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to post a little update about using this mod with the new CM Patch 1.50. Balance.txt, spawn.txt, and spells.txt are unchanged from CM 1.40 -> 1.50, so there's no conflicts there. However, creatures.txt was changed from CM 1.40 -> 1.50.

So if you install the Survival Mod on top of CM Patch 1.50 you will lose a few of the new (minor) CM changes to creatures.txt, mainly the change of the boss Haenir from a Yeti to a human. Otherwise the mod is actually perfectly playable and safe to install without breaking anything.

However uninstalling the mod using the uninstaller provided with the mod will revert the files to 1.40 (again not an issue for 3 of the 4 files in question since they're identical), but you'll end up with an outdated creatures.txt after uninstall. So it might be best to backup your vanilla creatures.txt manually and then replace it yourself after using the Survival Mod uninstaller.

============================================

Steinerrr I hope you'll consider updating the mod for CM 1.50 and maybe releasing a version of this mod that works with the Generic Mod Enabler (or giving me permission to package it). It could make managing compatibility with other mods a lot easier for players and other modders. :)

• Like! 1
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
11 hours ago, steinerrr said:

Guys, its been awhile, but I decided to come back for a moment and update this mod to CM160 :D

So, here it is:

Survival for CM 1.60

Have fun!

Steinerr, good seeing you back here on the boards, and thank you for your update to your mod!

:)

ogo

• 3 weeks later...

Absolutely, I guess I was going to leave it up to @steinerrr since he's still somewhat active on here?  I'm finally getting around to updating all the other old mods for CM 1.60 so maybe this weekend I'll see about getting this one in our downloads section too.  :)

52 minutes ago, Flix said:

Absolutely, I guess I was going to leave it up to @steinerrr since he's still somewhat active on here?  I'm finally getting around to updating all the other old mods for CM 1.60 so maybe this weekend I'll see about getting this one in our downloads section too.  :)

I sent him an email this morning to see if he's around  as well so he can see whats happening

:bounce:

gogo

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hy steinerrr,

I´m also a big fan of your Survival-Mod. So there is one thing, I´d not understand about it. If I activate it and play

for 2 h and suddenly die because some Elite troops hit me to death, the game is saving automatically and me (High Elf)

is going back at some "save point". So, and now all the Enemies are abruptly not 10 or more levels above my own level. No no no, they are the

same level like me ?! In addition my states like damage with my staff or spells are reduced. From 2500 fireball to 2340 dmg.

Pls coud your give me some advice because I´m tired of using an older Savegame data. You must know that I doesn´t matter if I

deactivate the Mod or not. The level and the states are still reduced.

Thank you for listening. May I hear soon from you.

Best wishes

your confused Sacred 2 Player

• Like! 1