10 replies to this topic

#1 steinerrr

steinerrr

Indium Shaman

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 10:39 PM

Hi all.

I have actually developed this mod almost a year ago but somehow overlook the Darkmatters forum and it was first released in a different language. Nevertheless.

The purpose of the mod is to make combat tougher as the world of sacred is just too nice with players, especially comparedto Sacred 1. I was looking to bring back that intense original Sacred feel into the nice graphical engine of Sacred II.

What it does:

1) More enemies - enemy populations on maps are boosted 2.5x 3x on average, respawn times 3x slower to compensate.

2) Tougher Elite troops. Most Elite enemies are substantially tougher combatants, doing more damage and having much better chance at actually hitting the players, especially higher-level ones.

3) Slightly boosted bosses. Boss-grade enemies are slightly boosted in their fighting capability (around 20% overall) and they also are more accurate in their attacks and are more capable of actually hitting the players.

4) Boosted rewards - to compensate for the increase Bosses and Elite enemies will drop 50% more items and gold and will provide 100% more experience. Additionally, there is some more variety and more stuff to purchase from vendors compared to vanilla, even if you don't have the trading skill.

5) More pronounced difficulty scale. Enemies scale somewhat higher in difficulty as you progress along the quest line. Expect tougher resistance in endgame regions of Ancaria, while starter regions are pretty much vanilla but for the numbers.

All in all common sense was observed at all times while making this mod. Enemies that look scary and tough are badass, but dont expect to be ripped up by rats or small desert bugs, they are still nice, fluffy and vanilla.

Requirements:

Sacred 2 Gold + Community Patch 1.40, or

Sacred 2 Ice & Blood + Community Patch 1.40

The mod comes with own installer and can be one-click switched anytime between the mod and vanilla CM140. It will not affect savegame compatibility, characters or equipment in any way if you are using only the Community Patch and can be harmlessly switched on and off.

Link: https://www.dropbox...._v101b.zip?dl=0

Edited by steinerrr, 21 September 2014 - 10:42 PM.

#2 Flix

Flix

Modimus Prime

• FDM Moderator
  • 2,944 posts
  • Platform:PC

Posted 21 September 2014 - 11:31 PM

Whoa awesome! Thanks for making this.  I've always wanted to do something to make the difficulty of champion and Boss enemies feel more "dangerous" but I never knew quite how I wanted to do that.  

I tried Moony's Challenge Mod but it added a zillion more enemies and packs of bosses which was kind of insane.  I also tested Elite Figher: T-Invasion and instantly got 1-shotted by a random zombie.  It didn't feel quite right.

Can you perhaps tell me how you reduced the respawn rate?  This has always been a HUGE pet-peeve of mine with the Sacred series, that enemies respawn far too fast.  I figured out how to alter the spawn count but not the rate.

Diablo 2 Fallen Mod         Sacred 2 Enhanced Spells Mod          Flix's Music Mod for Sacred 2
   Elite Mounts Mod              Sacred 2 Character Editor           List of Mods and Modding Guides

Sacred 2 Nexus                    Sacred 2 Nude Mod                     Community Items Mod

#3 steinerrr

steinerrr

Indium Shaman

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 11:43 PM

Whoa awesome! Thanks for making this.  I've always wanted to do something to make the difficulty of champion and Boss enemies feel more "dangerous" but I never knew quite how I wanted to do that.  

I tried Moony's Challenge Mod but it added a zillion more enemies and packs of bosses which was kind of insane.  I also tested Elite Figher: T-Invasion and instantly got 1-shotted by a random zombie.  It didn't feel quite right.

Can you perhaps tell me how you reduced the respawn rate?  This has always been a HUGE pet-peeve of mine with the Sacred series, that enemies respawn far too fast.  I figured out how to alter the spawn count but not the rate.

You'd be laughing but the respawn setting is in the old good balance.txt

respawnTimeStandard = ......

Elite Fighter: T-invasion was my creation as well :P. The problem with that mod was the fact that I did not properly palytest it. Actually I tested it with my level 190 BFG/100k shield/90% mitigation Seraphim and I did just fine :). THey actually managed to scratch me a bit.

This mod incorporates some parts of the old good T-invasion mod, just without the insane op monsters.

Edited by steinerrr, 21 September 2014 - 11:48 PM.

#4 Flix

Flix

Modimus Prime

• FDM Moderator
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 11:58 PM

You'd be laughing but the respawn setting is in the old good balance.txt

respawnTimeStandard = ......

Elite Fighter: T-invasion was my creation as well :P. The problem with that mod was the fact that I did not properly palytest it. Actually I tested it with my level 190 BFG/100k shield/90% mitigation Seraphim and I did just fine :). THey actually managed to scratch me a bit.

This mod incorporates some parts of the old good T-invasion mod, just without the insane op monsters.

I am laughing because I should have found that but I didn't!  I thought it might be Spawn_FactorPM but that turned out to be something else.  Thanks!

Yeah, I left a nice comment in the Elite Fighter thread a while back because it seemed pretty cool at first but champions were too powerful.

That makes me more excited to try adding this mod to my game.   :thumbsup:

Edited by Flix, 21 September 2014 - 11:58 PM.

Diablo 2 Fallen Mod         Sacred 2 Enhanced Spells Mod          Flix's Music Mod for Sacred 2
   Elite Mounts Mod              Sacred 2 Character Editor           List of Mods and Modding Guides

Sacred 2 Nexus                    Sacred 2 Nude Mod                     Community Items Mod

#5 Ironwill

Ironwill

Chromium Defender

• Supporting Member
  • 268 posts
  • Steam Name:ironwill86

Posted 22 September 2014 - 01:06 PM

seems like a godlike improvement,does it have any conflicts with community item mod?

#6 Flix

Flix

Modimus Prime

• FDM Moderator
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 01:59 PM

For all its changes, this is a small mod that only alters a few scripts:

balance.txt

creatures.txt

spawn.txt

spells.txt

Therefore it's completely compatible with the CM Items Mod.  Installation order does not matter either.

That might change when the new CM Patch 1.50 is released soon.  This mod may have to be updated.

#7 Flix

Flix

Modimus Prime

• FDM Moderator
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 01:41 AM

Just wanted to post a little update about using this mod with the new CM Patch 1.50. Balance.txt, spawn.txt, and spells.txt are unchanged from CM 1.40 -> 1.50, so there's no conflicts there.  However, creatures.txt was changed from CM 1.40 -> 1.50. 

So if you install the Survival Mod on top of CM Patch 1.50 you will lose a few of the new (minor) CM changes to creatures.txt, mainly the change of the boss Haenir from a Yeti to a human.  Otherwise the mod is actually perfectly playable and safe to install without breaking anything. 

However uninstalling the mod using the uninstaller provided with the mod will revert the files to 1.40 (again not an issue for 3 of the 4 files in question since they're identical), but you'll end up with an outdated creatures.txt after uninstall.  So it might be best to backup your vanilla creatures.txt manually and then replace it yourself after using the Survival Mod uninstaller.

============================================

Steinerrr I hope you'll consider updating the mod for CM 1.50 and maybe releasing a version of this mod that works with the Generic Mod Enabler (or giving me permission to package it). It could make managing compatibility with other mods a lot easier for players and other modders.  :)

#8 m3chladon

m3chladon

Leaden Juggernaut

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 07:01 PM

Can we get a new download link? The one in OP doesn't work anymore and this was a sweet mod

#9 CraYen

CraYen

Indium Shaman

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 03:23 PM

Link is dead :/ Can someone ressurect it?

#10 Flix

Flix

Modimus Prime

• FDM Moderator
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 05:39 PM

Here's a download link for it.  While I was at it, I updated it for the latest CM Patch, 1.50. 

Sacred 2 Survival Mod Download

Both versions are included: the old installer for CM 1.40, and the new one for CM 1.50, which I made to be used with the Generic Mod Enabler (installation instructions in the ReadMe).  Just choose the one that corresponds with your CM Patch version (everyone should have 1.50 by this point, but for completion I put both).

Compatibility: Mod is compatible with CM Items Mod 1.2a, both Nude Mods, and Wardust's Serious Textures.  NOT compatible with anything else, although Enhanced Spells and Diablo 2 Fallen both have difficulty modes that replicate most of the features of this mod.

#11 CraYen

CraYen

Indium Shaman

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 02:49 AM

Thanks Flix! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users