Benevolent Mount Bug =D

Ironwill

oa5bxs7.jpg

This is possibly the best bug I've encountered so far,saving me from the pain of Maze area.While not on the mount,it doesnt react to Whistles then something really bad happened.Mobs killed the mount in combat!!!! :D I'm on foot again :<

• Like! 1

Click on your mount's icon and your characters whistles for the mount. It will run over to you or magically appear if it's far enough away. But it seems like you already knew that since you mentioned them in your first post.

What's going on in your picture? You're underground mounted on the Hellhound, but your caption says the mount wouldn't come when called and died from enemies? I'm not surprised the whistle didn't work while underground, you're not supposed to have mounts underground, though of course you can if you save while underground and reload. Did it die while you were mounted or when it was on its own?

The problem is having mount underground! :D It spawns next to resurrection monoliths(underground ones only) by chance.Once I unmount it,it completely ignores my 9 key(whistle) possibly the icon because the mount isnt supposed to be there.

Then I went into a large group of enemy,knowing I dont have patience for longer cooldown on mount,I went on foot and killed the enemies,only to find out my mount was lying on the ground "dead",never knew it had a death animation.Mousing over it shows the statistics but you know it is dead

Edited by Ironwill
  • 3 weeks later...

in v140hf it always happens to me in my high multihit chance dryad, if I unmount it near a mob then I start killing them my arrows killed my own mount, it has a death animation. you cant call it again, my solution is to save then load, it comes back to life agian, dont know if its still posible in v150 coz I got tired of it and sold my mount...

edit:

I forgot, this also happens when I use CA's, when my CA like ravage impact hit multiple enemies near my mount, it also dies, just one hit, that is how I learned that even CA's is compatible with chance to hit additional opponents,

Edited by KJnewBEE

in v140hf it always happens to me in my high multihit chance dryad, if I unmount it near a mob then I start killing them my arrows killed my own mount, it has a death animation. you cant call it again, my solution is to save then load, it comes back to life agian, dont know if its still posible in v150 coz I got tired of it and sold my mount...

edit:

I forgot, this also happens when I use Combat Arts, when my CA like ravage impact hit multiple enemies near my mount, it also dies, just one hit, that is how I learned that even Combat Arts is compatible with chance to hit additional opponents,

Yeah this is probably caused by my Enhanced Spells Mod. The "hurl enemy" spell token I added to all the CA's can actually kill your mount and friendly NPC's, but only if an enemy is hurled into them as they die. The mount is always alive again upon reload though, so it's not a true death like if it's killed while you're riding it.

I think I've fixed it for the next release, but people will have to be careful. Clustering Maelstrom and Scything Sweep have the hurl enemy spell token even without my mod, so it could happen in the vanilla game as well using those combat arts.

flix that happened way before I used your spell mod, I was just editing the dragon nemesis so that it has chance to hit additional opponents modifier, and it all started there, until now I tot that it is normal and just a realistic effect of the game, is it realy a bug?

I don't know if it was intended by the developers or not. I don't have a problem with friendly fire, it makes you play more carefully. It makes it more exciting to me, which is why I chose to leave it in the mod as a feature. :)

• Like! 1

I don't know if it was intended by the developers or not. I don't have a problem with friendly fire, it makes you play more carefully. It makes it more exciting to me, which is why I chose to leave it in the mod as a feature. :)

your right my friend. it does make the game more exciting and adds more of a realistic feature. but the mount should just die for good, thats my opinion. can that be done? :lol: