Dragon mage line - "4782" - Species 8472?

Hi, I've been playing a new shopper dragon mage recently to add to my collection of toons.

I've noticed that he often says "4782" while fighting certain enemies. What does that mean? It seems awfully close to "Species 8472" from Star Trek: Voyager. Is it a slightly altered reference to the show, or does it mean something else?

• Like! 1

Hi, I've been playing a new shopper dragon mage recently to add to my collection of toons.

I've noticed that he often says "4782" while fighting certain enemies. What does that mean? It seems awfully close to "Species 8472" from Star Trek: Voyager. Is it a slightly altered reference to the show, or does it mean something else?

That was one of my favorite arcs in the series!!

Could this actually be a thinly veiled reference?

:o

gogo

• 2 months later...

@CapnTucker, ah, so he says it every time he kills that many enemies. So it's probably a coincidence that it's so close to being a Voyager reference. If they'd inverted those numbers without intending the reference, it would have been a great case of synchronicity, no?

Edited by belgarathmth
  • Like! 1

Yeah, there are a ton of easter eggs. Some of them I don't get; they appear to be in-jokes and references only Europeans would get, or things that don't translate well into English. Still neat to find them though..

• Like! 1

@CapnTucker, ah, so he says it every time he kills that many enemies. So it's probably a coincidence that it's so close to being a Voyager reference. If they'd inverted those numbers without intending the reference, it would have been a great case of synchronicity, no?

Yeah, just a humorous thing for him to say, "victim #4782" or whatever he actually says.. :)