New player's Dryad questions!

garadin

Just started playing Sacred 2 gold on pc, ive done a good bit of research on builds and whatnot in the forums here and on the wiki. I still have a couple questions/things bothering me.

1. Can I build survival bonus by just leaving my comp running with my char afk in a town while I say, sleep or go to work?(cause I dont have alot of play time and my build has no EP for magic find I kinda want a high survival bonus :P)

2. Do shoppers have to be dryads to see blowpipes in vendors, cause I downloaded the TG shopper network here and after 60 or so shopping attempts ive seen no blowguns just bows.

3. When I am using blowguns and auto attack I have no problems using Combat Arts without letting off my auto attack. However when I use bows, I for some reason cant do this, I have to brake the auto attack to cast Combat Arts. Is this a bug or just a scripted difference in weapon types?

4. I am trying to follow Putrecine's Hybrid Dryad Build, but as I eat more and more sinister predator runes my CA regen times are skyrocketing contrary to what the build says. Has this build lost viability after a patch?(I am playing on latest patch with CM patch aswell)

5. Where is the ideal location to park shoppers for easily rerolling vendors?

"A character that has just begun (level 1) and has yet to engage in battle will have 0% Survival Bonus. When a character engages an opponent for the first time the character's Survival Bonus will increase immediately. Survival Bonus can only increase when in battle and it does so slowly." -Sacred_2:Survival_Bonus

#1. AFAIK, you have to be in combat to build SB.

#5. The starting island in MP. Just open the map and teleport anywhere. While you're teleporting, hit the key that ports you back to the starting island (sorry, I don't remember the key... ? F8 ?). The merchants will be reset.

#1. AFAIK, you have to be in combat to build SB.

#5. The starting island in MP. Just open the map and teleport anywhere. While you're teleporting, hit the key that ports you back to the starting island (sorry, I don't remember the key... ? F8 ?). The merchants will be reset.

5. I tried shopping there on the island, teleing to the first town, shopping, and tele back to the island. This did NOT reset the shop inventory, afaik you have to zone, like into a dungeon or cave kinda deal to reset them. havent found a decent place to do this near shop scep the portal room on the starter island in multi player but its a good distance away from vendors :(

Blowguns have almost instant start up, bows have a bit more animation time. Bows have more base damage iirc.

Put more points in cap hunter focus and get some rph rings to help with your regen times. I think Put's build had maxed focus, CD mastery, one rune read and optimal gear before pumping sinister predator.

1. For our kungfu dryad which had shield lore: Yellow shield with block chance to melee attacks unlocked by shield lore was like 70% block chance already in silver. Now add barkskin and choose armour with high physical resists and physical damage mitigation. Don't know the english name (Teardrop?) for the portal northeast of the elven town. But there are places with just rats and skeletons which all do just physical melee attacks which are either blocked or greatly reduced in damage. With the healing build into barkskin this could be enough to survive unwatched. But you should better watch if it is the case for 5 minutes or so. Perhaps if you are low enough in level even the first wolves could be still considered hard enough to raise survival bonus. Monsters too low for your level do nothing to survival bonus, except if they kill you ;)

2. There is a 70% chance that an item in a shop is for the class of the shopper. This leaves 5% chance that it is for a class other than the shopping one. Now consider 5% for all sort of dryad items and you are perhaps by less than .5% chance for a blowpipe. You could however edit balance.txt to lower the 70% to 1% or so. This pushes the chance for items for a dryad by an TG shopper to 14%. But this is just a factor 3, but still better than nothing.

3. Blowpipe projectiles have no travel time like arrows or energy shots and no parabolic curve like throwing weapons. They are instant hits. For everything other than a blowpipe Regeneration per Hit is started when the projectile hits and not earlier.

4. I can't tell you. I never played this build. Try reg per hit and x% chance to halve regeneration times.

5. Play multiplayer even if you are allone. Teleport away from start island and while the map is sort of vanishing you can already type F8 to teleport back to start island. Shops in multiplayer should have resetted.

Edit: And welcome to the forum ;)

• Like! 1

Tyvm for all the info guys. Regen per hit making a big difference. The survival afk strat you mention wont work for me cause ive already added a reflect to my barkskin so sooner or later the monsters kill themselves and my dryad is just standing there alone, but a nice thing to know for future chars. Also a little depressing about the shoppers basically only seeing gear for their own class but I dont want to edit game files so I'll just make due with what I can.

I got another question. I know this isn't really tied to just the dryad but I figured id just continue here :P

Is there a good place to farm for combat art thingies? I could use more Sinister Predator and Ancient bark and I used up the 100 or so I had in my stash converting at the runemaster.

Also If I say get all teleports on gold difficulty, will all those teleports also unlock on silver and bronze? I know they are still locked in higher difficulties.

edit: Another question just poped into my head. If my all skills bonus pushes a skill over the mastery level of 75, will I gain the mastery bonus or do I only get mastery bonus from having 75 base?

Edited by garadin

Since you have a bargainer look for gear with + CA or + Aspect for your character and make a buff suit.

There isn't really any place specific for runes, just go after champion monsters - they give better drops all round (e.g Orc cave)

• Like! 1

5. I like Korum in the desert. You can travel to the desert in single player by a road from Sonnenwind. Sonnenwind is in the elf map.

In Korum there is a stairsteps that spwans no enemies so never in a danger. Just go down the stairs and back up to respawn the vendors. There is a shop and a rune maste near the stairs (runemasters sell jewelry.. something I didn't know for a long time)

• Like! 1
  • 1 month later...

Tyvm for all the info guys. Regen per hit making a big difference. The survival afk strat you mention wont work for me cause ive already added a reflect to my barkskin so sooner or later the monsters kill themselves and my dryad is just standing there alone, but a nice thing to know for future chars. Also a little depressing about the shoppers basically only seeing gear for their own class but I dont want to edit game files so I'll just make due with what I can.

Shops actually offer a small amount of items for other classes (as well as drop from monsters). By default 70% of items you find or see in the shop, will be for your class. You can change that by changing a corresponding value ( IsUsableByHero = 700,) in "balance.txt" file (1000 = all items for your class, 0 = all items are for other classes). Shops DO sell blowguns (and really good ones, sometimes), but you MUST invest into bargaining (and I mean that, equip all items with bonuses to bargain/skills you can get).

You can reset shops simply by relogging the game - the easiest way to make shopping. Though, to purchase nice goods, you should invest into Bargaining skill, otherwise shops offer junk. The reset time of shops can be changed by changing a corresponding value (TraderOffer_MaxLifetime = 900,) in "balance.txt". Setting this value to 1 will make shops change their offer very quickly (you can reset shops by just visiting each vendor in starting area in multiplayer game, for example.

edit: Another question just poped into my head. If my all skills bonus pushes a skill over the mastery level of 75, will I gain the mastery bonus or do I only get mastery bonus from having 75 base?

You MUST level skill up to 75 yourself. Bonuses to skills from items dont contribute to mastery. So, you can master a skill only at 75 level.

About survival bonus

It grows in combat. So, the only way to bump it is to engage into combat. You may try investing all your runes into Ancient Bark and invest heavily into Nature Weaver Lore/Focus (you need those 2 skills, anyway), so you'll get a good hp regeneration + defence. Then, find some enemies with physical/poison damage (for obvious reasons), engage them and go AFK. Even if you invested into reflect mod (which generaly is weaker than just evasion), you can still do the trick with ranged mobs, as reflect mod on Anciaent Bark affects melee only.

Blowguns are the best ranged weapons for killing trash mobs. Bows (and energy weapons) can have high damage, yes, but they get slower attack speed (with certain investment, blowgun can out-DPS bow), and what more important, blowguns hit INSTANTLY, so moving enemies wont avoid your hits, clustered enemies wont block projectiles from each other, and "regeneration per hit" stat will make your CA perfectly spammable.

For killing bosses, throwing stars are the best (although they're quite rare, even if invested into bargaining). They got the best attack speed (so they can out-DPS any other weapon) and what more important, they can have "life leech" golden mod, that has DEVASTATING effect on bosses.

P.S. Life leech is so powerful, that I "banned" it from usage for myself. It makes game too silly, as any equipment/class/build, that has that mod, will be superior to those who dont have it.

4. I am trying to follow Putrecine's Hybrid Dryad Build, but as I eat more and more sinister predator runes my CA regen times are skyrocketing contrary to what the build says. Has this build lost viability after a patch?(I am playing on latest patch with CM patch aswell)

Dont care about attack combat arts for first 30-50 levels of your character, just kill all enemies with left click. I would suggest to invest into Ancient Bark first, then Sinister Predator. then GoldenGlade's Touch. First and latter can make you invincible, and that's good when you want not lose your precious survival bonus.

Also, top-priority skills to invest into are:

Tactics Lore

Nature Weaver Lore

Nature Weaver Focus

Capricious Huner Focus

They not just offer great bonuses, but also give you precious modification points. Just ensure you get the modifications you really need (since you cant change them without 3-rd party tools). I can help you with that, if you want.

Edited by MortalKombat
  • Thanks! 1
  • 3 years later...

I have a question regarding shrunken heads:

stat and armor bonuses aside, do they affect anything else beside making some of dryad's abilities stronger depending on my targets' race and my equipped head's race type?

ooooh, the heads have INSANE properties... pretty much any mod can be found on them...the most power, the most RAREST come from boss drops... there's on that does a percentage life leech? My friend helped me get it for a low level toon... really smoothed out the Voodoo class's build having that leech with you...I forget which head it is though...hmmmm yellow rare one

I'm sure Chattius will know... doesnt the Wiki give mods on each head?

:)

gogo

The trick is to produce that yellow drop at a lower level .. super hard and scary I’m online hc at the time ... lol that low level percentage life leech head was priceless ... I think there’s even drops that have TWO attributes on it

😊

gogo

I don't know about special places for rune farming but I did notice on my High Elf that you can't eat more than 200 runes per combat art (I don't know why, I couldn't find any info about it). So, keep that in mind when farming if you start reaching 200 as there won't be any point to farm beyond that (other than to slot runes into items I guess).

As for shrunken heads - they are the cornerstone of a Voodoo dryad but for a Hunter dryad they are pretty much just for the stats they provide. Your auto-attacks, RI and DA won't deal more damage to enemies if you have the corresponding head equipped, so don't bother collecting the best of every head type or anything like that - just find a nice golden head that gives good bonuses. If you are playing a Hunter/Voodoo mix then you can farm the best of every type as the heads will boost Black curse, Twisted Torment, Anumalus, as well as the totems. On my melee hunter/nature dryad I'm just using 1 head with nice bonuses and that's it.

As for the survival bonus - don't worry about it, it increases pretty quickly at first. You'll be above 50% in no time, and from there the increase rate slows down but so does your levelling speed, so... :)

GL HF!

• Like! 1

@ RetsReds

Well ya Know, the Rune master can Switch the Runes you dont need into the ones you want, so it is not necessary to just farm specific runes, runes in Generall are enough.

Also it is a lot better to find em with the community patch since the runes stack in your inventory, its so much better. Dont read in too much runes too early in general,  as I read it, the more runes you got read in, the lower the amount of runes you will find. So just hoard em till you need em and dont feed em all in immediatly to keep your regen time low enough to be effective.

Edited by stiefelolm
Wrong name
  • Like! 1
20 hours ago, Androdion said:

The heads also give you summon companions based on where they dropped right? Isn't the one from Garganthropod some crazy badass one?!

PS: Yeah they do! http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Shrunken_Head

I just saw the heads page in the wiki... holee molee theres a ton of stuff in there.. lol I think it’s me that stopped with pic finding ... but thanks flix for adding all those explanations and facts as well 😊

Yah Androdion .. looks like it is indeed the scorpion head that’s the game changer .. at least early game

😊

gogo