Howdy!

Hello everyone.

I've had a membership here for a while...and I think I have a total of 4 posts as of this writing (This will be the 5th), so perhaps I should introduce myself to the community at large.

I'm Miquin1 and I got into playing Sacred 2 when I saw it on the 360. I've since moved to the PC version when Sacred 2 Gold became available in the states (and no DRM...Thanks GOG!) and my play style is more of the "fuss about and not really do much of anything. Mostly explore and kill tons of creatures" type of play. I enjoy the game immensely, and I do read about character builds from other people to see how they approach the game and the Wiki is just awesome.

So it's fair to say I like the site, even if I hide in a little cave and only peer out every so often to let my presence be known.

Since GoGo was kind enough to help me out getting an Avatar for me, I thought it only right that I should contribute a bit more to the community, even if it is only some conversation.

The avatar itself is an actual picture of me wearing a full face helmet in case you were wondering where I got such a disarmingly handsome image from.

That's about all I can think of to say for this intro, but I'll be poking around some of the other boards and chiming in when I can think of something substantiative to say.

• Like! 1

Hello everyone.

I've had a membership here for a while...and I think I have a total of 4 posts as of this writing (This will be the 5th), so perhaps I should introduce myself to the community at large.

I'm Miquin1 and I got into playing Sacred 2 when I saw it on the 360. I've since moved to the PC version when Sacred 2 Gold became available in the states (and no DRM...Thanks GOG!) and my play style is more of the "fuss about and not really do much of anything. Mostly explore and kill tons of creatures" type of play. I enjoy the game immensely, and I do read about character builds from other people to see how they approach the game and the Wiki is just awesome.

So it's fair to say I like the site, even if I hide in a little cave and only peer out every so often to let my presence be known.

Since GoGo was kind enough to help me out getting an Avatar for me, I thought it only right that I should contribute a bit more to the community, even if it is only some conversation.

The avatar itself is an actual picture of me wearing a full face helmet in case you were wondering where I got such a disarmingly handsome image from.

That's about all I can think of to say for this intro, but I'll be poking around some of the other boards and chiming in when I can think of something substantiative to say.

It's great to finally hook up Miquin!

It seems like the cult nature of Sacred series has many fans aproach our site with a kind of fascinated trepidation, but we like to think that our home made poutine, and good cheer (if not sometimes maniacal) is what gets them to post and say hello.

Hello you, and welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo

Thanks for the welcome, guys.

The helmet was not at an event. I had taken a trip to the UK and this was at the Royal Armoury in Leeds. They had some swords and armor and such that they let people handle, so I put that on and one of the people working there snapped the picture for me.

About how much does all that metal weigh, heavy on head?

:)

gogo

A couple of pounds, perhaps. The weight is pretty well distributed. On the inside, it has interior padding to keep it from moving around, so despite the bucket-shape of the thing, I could move and turn my head without having my vision obscured.

• Like! 1