Inbox by Google - Can someone please invite me?

gogoblender

Hey guys!

Inbox is google's new and apparent re envisioning of email, supposed to be snazzy but apparently by invite only.

http://www.google.com/inbox/

I did sent the email in to get the invite from google, but that takes awhile.

Course, I can get invited by someone who already has google Inbox working for them...does anyone here have Inbox, can you send me invite pls?

Thanks!

:)

gogo

• 3 weeks later...

Its kind of a weird beast

I did a lot of pre reading on their google's new inbox... they report that for a few years now people were getting overwhelmed by their emails...for me though, not usually a problem, home emails out of office are usually no more than 15 a day, and I love the reading...but this new google inbox 's "big magic" is to automatically sort emails into their own folders when they arrive, so that they show up on your first page with labels that google figgers out automatically.

A neat trick...but enough to keep using it?

I'm going to give it an honest chance...I've muted the notifications on my android phone (nexus 5) so that I'm forced to use Inbox, and will see if I can get to using it...I'm doing because I read a good review somewhere on the net where a person found he had a hard time getting used to the way it works initially...but after a week, he found himself using it more than gmail...which is what Google thinks most peeps will do as Inbox has scheduling and reminders built in.

I'm a big fan though of talking to my device and just telling it when to give me reminders and make apointments... so don't see yet how this will reconcile into how Inbox wants me to do it, but will see after a few more days which of the two I keep using.

IronWill did you get the invite too? I was surprised how long it took...like two weeks :blink:, but it's a fresh new toy and the ui looks neat. I had thought that peeps who got invite from Google would be able to invite others, but I don't see the supposed "golden ticket" icon that lets me invite others

Will report more as this goes along

gogo

• Like! 1

Seems like a very advantageous tool for veteran/hardcore e-mail users.Unfortunately I don't receive more than 5 e-mails a day and got rid of 2 subscribers today.So there will be no need to categorize anything.

I didn't get an invite because I never asked for one :D

PS:Still using hotmail lol

• Like! 1

Seems like a very advantageous tool for veteran/hardcore e-mail users.Unfortunately I don't receive more than 5 e-mails a day and got rid of 2 subscribers today.So there will be no need to categorize anything.

I didn't get an invite because I never asked for one :D

PS:Still using hotmail lol

I've had the inbox turn off the gmail notifications... I'm starting to get used to it. I'm pretty sure that most of the features built in are for peeps like in offices who get buried under loads of emails daily.

Now you can swipe out and archive in one fell finger swoop an entire group of emails

gogo

• Like! 1