Do all Sacred 2 Quests?

RIVEIR

Thanks for the response Flix. This response coupled with the fact that I just finished the Blind Guardian (Final Concert) makes me want to keep going to find the next gem. The conclusion of the Blind Guardian and primarily the concert was just awesome! What a wonderful piece of work to put in this game I was very impressed.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Blind_Guardian_Quest

Edited by RIVEIR
  • Like! 1

I love doing quests. For a long time it was the main thing keeping me interesting in playing and replaying Sacred 2. It felt like I was accomplishing things and not just grinding. As I understand it, you get good chances for set and unique items as quest rewards, not to mention the XP and gold rewards. You also get a better taste for the "soul" of Sacred 2, all the little dialogues and quirks and interesting bits that pop up in side quests. Yes, many are forgettable "kill 10 wolves and bring me the hides" carbon copy quests, but hidden among those quests are some real fun gems, especially the various chain quests, because you can tell they put some more time and effort into making them.

The only drawback I can think of is that you might wind up staying in one difficulty level for "too long" meaning you hit the difficulty level cap because you leveled up so much from staying so long. However this is only likely in Bronze and Silver since the level caps in higher difficulties are so high and XP gain slows down.

So, I say, quest away. Quest I would always do no matter what: Main Quest, Character Class Quests, and almost every Chain Quest (there is a list here).

Like what you've written here and how it turns out. heh, cuz I was one of those ones who was horribly enslaved to grinding for years and years, and I had almost done NO quests during the HC online days. But you're right Flix, doing the quests enlivens us, and lets us get down deep and dirty into the game's drama and most importantly, npc's own worlds. With more than 600 quests, I am now finally beginning to get a handle on what everyone was (lol and still is! :lol:) going on about when they talk about a passion for completing quests.

Careful Riveir addiction lines this way

:crazy:

gogo

Thanks for the response Flix. This response coupled with the fact that I just finished the Blind Guardian (Final Concert) makes me want to keep going to find the next gem. The conclusion of the Blind Guardian and primarily the concert was just awesome! What a wonderful piece of work to put in this game I was very impressed.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Blind_Guardian_Quest

The blind Guardian quest pretty much gives you some of the most satisfaction in any online quest there is in any game. Yes, there are other games that have huger quests, and in this time, probably ones with more pixels per square inch... but for the sheer relevance and technical dazzle at the time the game was released, nothing comes close.

I mean.. a real concert in a game?

We are loved!

:bounce:

gogo

The blind Guardian quest pretty much gives you some of the most satisfaction in any online quest there is in any game. Yes, there are other games that have huger quests, and in this time, probably ones with more pixels per square inch... but for the sheer relevance and technical dazzle at the time the game was released, nothing comes close.

I mean.. a real concert in a game?

We are loved!

:bounce:

gogo

Agree 100% This is great work and holds up even today.

Careful Riveir addiction lines this way

:crazy:

gogo

In line already thanks for directions. :)
  • Like! 1

@gogo

even in HC online times I do quests...only grinding was too stupid...after 5 to 10 runs on the machine I give it up and went to a region where I can run around and do quests.

@RIVEIR

do the quests...doesnt matter if you could fulfill evereone..it is worth the time! ;)

• Like! 1

Glad to see that some folks down here finally begin to understand why I was always doing quests at the Sacred: Underworld servers. Simply because you need to grind for them as well, thus giving you extra XP, items, runes and gold.

About time too, btw. :cstars:

I do have a minor warning about questing, though.

When playing the game, do the Main Quest, Character Quest and 3 Chain Quests in Bronze and Silver; even Gold if you want to hit Platinum early. After that, start doing all the other quests. Otherwise you risk outleveling the monsters sooner or later; something that's unlikely to happen in Gold.

As for the 3 Chain Quests; "Blind Guardian" is one of them. The other two are the "Empty Office quest" - without doubt the one taking most time and covering the largest distance- and the "Undead Legion" quest.

Thorin :)

• Like! 1

@gogo

even in HC online times I do quests...only grinding was too stupid...after 5 to 10 runs on the machine I give it up and went to a region where I can run around and do quests.

@RIVEIR

do the quests...doesnt matter if you could fulfill evereone..it is worth the time! ;)

@gogo

@RIVEIR

For HC, the go to quest quickly became the forest quest for Ice & Blood... ooh, the massive experience, and the sudden emergence of a bunch of new builds across all the community because it was possible to get "boosted" by fellow players to bring players up levels quickly.

:)

gogo

Glad to see that some folks down here finally begin to understand why I was always doing quests at the Sacred: Underworld servers. Simply because you need to grind for them as well, thus giving you extra XP, items, runes and gold.

About time too, btw. :cstars:

I do have a minor warning about questing, though.

When playing the game, do the Main Quest, Character Quest and 3 Chain Quests in Bronze and Silver; even Gold if you want to hit Platinum early. After that, start doing all the other quests. Otherwise you risk outleveling the monsters sooner or later; something that's unlikely to happen in Gold.

As for the 3 Chain Quests; "Blind Guardian" is one of them. The other two are the "Empty Office quest" - without doubt the one taking most time and covering the largest distance- and the "Undead Legion" quest.

Thorin :)

I think my favorite of all the "long quests" is undoubtedly the undead legion..something about it having so may cool parts, places to visit, loved the small coastal towns, and the skeletons with all their delicious crunchy noises...

Yum!

:pirate:

gogo

dont forget: Xmas- and Easter-Quest! ;)

the Xmas-Quest was my reason to load the CM-Patch. Where do you get a full set at the end! ;) (useful or useless...its a set!)

Xmas quest holds special place in my heart. I remember when we were finally allowed to post information on the quest because the content was released...Brad had taken a huge number of photoes all through the quest...then, we had a huge late night quest writing marathon, where we tried to build a fun, long, and uber detailed quest into the Wiki for this.

Still one of my favorite work projects, and a great story-board style quest

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Can_Christmas_Still_be_Saved

gogo

• Like! 1

dont forget: Xmas- and Easter-Quest! ;)

the Xmas-Quest was my reason to load the CM-Patch. Where do you get a full set at the end! ;) (useful or useless...its a set!)

This part about it having an always counted-upon full set is significant. I think I remember a bunch of us runing xmas over and over and over just to get sets for all the classes...once gone, never to return...

:oooo:

gogo