[Dev] Diablo 2 Fallen mod for Sacred 2

Flix

Thanks. Luckily I've finished all the combat arts so if worse comes to worst I've still got a mostly release-worthy mod in my hands now. I've updated the first post to better reflect what's finished, what I'm doing now, and what's planned for the future.

In terms of Wardust's texture mod, I'm basically going to set up surface.txt to include most of his changes - but not the model swaps. So no Kobold-rats or swapped armor models. On the other hand, people will be able to use all of Wardust's textures if they want (which is like 99% of the mod), and even if they don't use Wardust's mod, I'll include the small handful of custom textures that would be needed (for furry animals, etc.). I don't want to force users to use the texture mod if they don't want to.

Loving the look of the Druid and Necro. The way the summons are all buffs does that mean that they are pernamnet and no need to be re-summoned as they are immortal the same way the Dragon Mages' guardian seems to be?

Also with the Necro does that mean you can only have a couple skeletons due only being able o have 2 buffs or have you changed that?

Edited by Knightmare

Loving the look of the Druid and Necro. The way the summons are all buffs does that mean that they are pernamnet and no need to be re-summoned as they are immortal the same way the Dragon Mages' guardian seems to be?

Also with the Necro does that mean you can only have a couple skeletons due only being able o have 2 buffs or have you changed that?

Thank you. After a lot of experimenting, I found that temporary summons just don't work unless they were designed by Ascaron to be that way (Doppelganger, Inexorable Subjugation ghosts, Rallied Souls). And these creatures follow their own unique rules, so I couldn't adapt them for my new summons. Instead I had to adapt the Fire Demon and the Skeleton summons, which requires them to be permanent buffs.

Right now the summons that are based on the Skeletons (all the melee summons) only fall unconscious, while those based on the Fire Demon (all those using spells) actually die and have to be re-summoned.

There's a max of 4 skeletons and 3 skeletal mages. You can have 1 buff by default, 2 upon learning Concentration and 3 upon mastering Concentration. So the Necromancer would eventually be able to have all possible summons active at once. He would of course have to give up the protection of Bone Armor and Iron Maiden to do so however.

Edited by Flix

why didn't you add Imperius' picture(my avatar) for Sublime Combat? He is known for being Embodiment of War

I wanted female pictures where possible.

Flix, are you going to put the screen of the interface, or do you prefer to keep it a surprise? :sleep:

I need to finish the skill icons before I show all the before/after pictures.

Well I'm about to go on a short trip to visit family for the Thanksgiving holiday, so the Assassin update will have to wait until I get back. I'll be away until Dec. 1st but I may be able to check the forums on my phone.

After the final character reveal, there are lots of other changes to introduce to you, all leading up to the first public release (hopefully) by Christmas.

Good evening knights of darkness.

Good evening Flix. For new boss, you'll inspire you post: Modding New Bosses and Enemies. As they are impressive. Would be fantastic. :badbad:

Right now it's planned for a hopeful future release, will not make it into the first version though.

• Like! 1

As usual great work Flix and as I got to know in another thread also Silver Fox!

But I have to admit that, although I loved the Assisn in Diablo, I don't like the Temple Guardin as the "Choosen one" for to "replace" her in Sacred.

I know it is not on me to ask that, but would it be a big thing, once this mod is released, to change the Assisn Character for another one?

• Like! 1

As usual great work Flix and as I got to know in another thread also Silver Fox!

But I have to admit that, although I loved the Assisn in Diablo, I don't like the Temple Guardin as the "Choosen one" for to "replace" her in Sacred.

I know it is not on me to ask that, but would it be a big thing, once this mod is released, to change the Assisn Character for another one?

I agree. It's hard to picture the lovable slow metal beast as the Assasin from Diablo 2. But there are 7 classes in Diablo 2, and 7 in Sacred 2 I&B. So ether you have to change the PC model completly, or go back the the drawing board.

Yoshio, how would you set up the classes then?