[Dev] Diablo 2 Fallen mod for Sacred 2

Flix

Hey I just gave a try to the new update and I must say the new enemies are quite cool.

However, I've noticed that the paladin's holy bolts can oneshot enemies/bosses flagged as undead/demons if they happen to crit. (for example, I shot mephisto a few times and when I got a crit strike on him, he immediately died).

Thanks. I'll test Holy Bolt some more. The damage boost againt Undead/Demons may be set way too high. I mainly tested them against the various Undead Legion.

Also, I've found your unique mount merchant in the jungle, however the mounts sold did not display any icon nor any name (they were randomly named "item","divine item" etc), and they were not visible when purchased and summoned. I suppose the merchant itself wasn't meant for relase yet considering the lack of new mount data. Just letting you know in case you want to remove it or whatsoever.

What character are you visiting him with? For Paladin, Amazon, and Druid, the new special mount dealer will have nothing to sell (nothing but garbage like you've been describing). The other 4 characters should have their special mounts available though.

where can you find...

I gave the locations of all enemies in the creature updates. :)

Edited by Flix
I'm back after having finished my 1st necromancer 200 games in 4 days (35,000 killed) and my paladin 200 in 2 days (27,000 killed) My necromencer has bul kathos gods that I find far too powerful. (I kill a boss 5 to 6 hit with) I have with him alchemy nv 100 hard that I find just genial. When is my paladin with Philios gods and balanced except my Holy Shield happens 300 000 Energy with buff mod Prayers will. There are just 2 bug on competence "Smite" 1 and when one is on the mount it works but no damage and defois the 2nd character after having used it remains still without being able to move. I specify that my personal 2 plays left. I vien installing the new version of your mods and bosses have become real challenge now ;-)

Oh I wanted to tell you about the competence Bargaining has become a really nerf has jurisdiction compare to all other general competence (especially in your mods and devotion that makes alchemy really well) and it can change the competence to put a X2 levels of our quality levels for objects max 12 :) because the 200 levels requires at moin 600 points for quality 9 and again ....

You really done a great job ;-) I continued like that play back in this new version.

Edited by KevinLelievre
  • Like! 1

When I was playing summoner druid I did not notice but today I have been playing caster druid and I came across these Succubus. I hate them so much. Dragon boss was easier than 1 succubus. Im not sure if its suppose to do so much damage with some rapid firing balls or whatever they are. I dont mnd them having 3 times more hp than regular mobs and having high resistances but their damage is so ripy. I even got bugged spamming potions. Of course I havent played this game for ages so I might be nooby.

I'm back after having finished my 1st necromancer 200 games in 4 days (35,000 killed) and my paladin 200 in 2 days (27,000 killed)

How do you reach lvl200 in just 2-4 days? Is that 35k monsters killed or what?

Yes I have 4 days of games on my necromancer to level 200. I start by silver levels to 30 by the 4 star island quest blood then I made the main quest for gold UNLOCK then I 4 Star repeated the quest to level 100 and above ..... the UNLOCK quests brings in a lot of blood xp island.

I can not seem to put my screen save, the file is too big.

Edited by KevinLelievre

Yes I have 4 days of games on my necromancer to level 200. I start by silver levels to 30 by the 4 star island quest blood then I made the main quest for gold UNLOCK then I 4 Star repeated the quest to level 100 and above ..... the UNLOCK quests brings in a lot of blood xp island.

I can not seem to put my screen save, the file is too big.

Im not very familiar this names.

1. What is 4star island? that island in multiplayer with many teleport options?

2. what is blood quest?

3. by saying main quest for gold, you mean you did all story mode to unlock gold difficulty or you only need certain quest to unlock gold? because img doing story mode and it takes many hours to run through all of it, maybe im doing something wrong.

Another small bug report. The new version (0.3) does not contain the .gr2 files for the new druid headgear (wolfpelt and whatseoever).

I had to download the files from the previous relase to be able to see them in game.

• Like! 1

I have the italian version, if I install the mod I have the combatArts and the name of the characters of the origial sacred2. what I have to do for having the mod's name in english?

Edited by LilaGrey

>"the paladin's holy bolts can oneshot enemies/bosses flagged as undead/demons if they happen to crit."
>"bul kathos gods that I find far too powerful. (I kill a boss 5 to 6 hit with)"
>"my Holy Shield happens 300 000 Energy with buff mod Prayers will."
>"Dragon boss was easier than 1 succubus."
>"The new version (0.3) does not contain the .gr2 files for the new druid headgear (wolfpelt and whatseoever)."

Alright, I'll put out a hotfix later today since these seem like big issues.

Oh I wanted to tell you about the competence Bargaining has become a really nerf has jurisdiction compare to all other general competence (especially in your mods and devotion that makes alchemy really well) and it can change the competence to put a X2 levels of our quality levels for objects max 12 :) because the 200 levels requires at moin 600 points for quality 9 and again ....

The quality and quantity of merchant wares has already been increased slightly. That should mean Bargaining works better by default, pushing slightly higher quality items even higher.

I have the italian version, if I install the mod I have the combatArts and the name of the characters of the origial sacred2. what I have to do for having the mod's name in english?

Well it would need to be translated first, because the game keeps different languages in different folders. Or you could just move the global.res from the mod to replace the one in your game (probably in the folder locale/it_IT )

Edited by Flix
  • Like! 1

About Succubus. It was very frustrating zone but I think they are somehow bugged. They start walking like in non attack mode and they dont die, even heals? Do they have heal? If not then there is something wrong with them. I kept casting armagedon, they kept taking damage but while they were walking they just seem to never die. So I had to stand still and let them wack me while I rain armagedon, which is awesome for boss killing but not good against succubus.

Btw, I have a suggestion. Barbarian WW skill is a bit disappointing compared to diablo2. Maybe it would be possible to add like 1 or multiple twisters when you use WW? Atm he just swings weapon slowly around his head and it doesnt look appealing to use it.

I was wondering is there anyway that the super-unique mobs like for Example (corpsfire) hav there names in different colors and maybe have a different icon on the mini map? just a thought so that there not just yellow named mobs

• Like! 1

Here I am !!

1- installation :

I copy my whole Sacred2 - gold folder and rename it Sacred2 - D2F. So I'm safe and I can keep the 2 version of the game. My Diablo char name are prefixed with [D2]

2- graphisme

Look good but texture at range look too take more time to appear. I don't see these on Sacred 2. I have a AMD card. So maybe it's come with the fog problem with Nvidia.

The few new hair style are cool

3- spell

Most game text are the original (Ancestral fire ball, Focus Tempest, etc). So I don't know what change you made exactly to each Combat Art. My game is in French maybe you need help for translation. If a language is not present why not pushing the txt in english ?

Spell

• Fireball: why not using the GFX of the Enhanced mod or the one used by mob? it should have look way better.
  • Fire wall: The GFX you choose is misleading, at some angle it look like it will hit at the wrong place. Did you test using the Fire spell used by some dragon.
  • Frost Nova: these GFX is really cool but don't really look like a nova but why not.
  • Enchant: flaming effect on the weapon? Too confusing with stone effect maybe.

4- Item.

• Light Saber with caster oriented effect ? (Intelligence, casting speed, regeneration, spell intensity, spell resistance, ...)
  • Jewel : Silithar Finger Hoop have Cannot Evade Attack with Casting Speed and Spell Intensity. Maybe there's a better effect than this one but I haven't found an equivalent for spell

5- Conclusion

It's super cool idea

• Like! 1

I use light saber for my caster druid, it looks badass :D

Btw sorc Inferno seems either bugged or I cant figure out how to use it properly. It sprays fire over long range and makes enemy burn, called plague burn or something, which spreads to nearby enemies. How I love DoT that spreads, unfortunately I cant seem to make it work, 5 out of 10 casts actually does any damage and 1 out of 10 causes plague burning. Just my short testing, maybe I did something wrong but I couldnt make it work.

• Like! 1

And could it be possible to put an option for not displaying helm ?

edit: I found a solution for my missing text : a rename the locale en_UK into fr_FR in the mod folder before activating the mod.

and here's 2 captures :

1- why a short under my shiny string armor ?
String amor should be like this : more skin = more defence !! String armor are the heart of any Fantaisy video game.

2- example of helmet clipping.
It's with new hair style but it happen with all hair style, in Sacred 2 vanilla too.

post-31699-0-11498400-1430671613_thumb.png

post-31699-0-25341000-1430671615.png

Edited by NathyielNathyiel
  • Like! 1

I was wondering is there anyway that the super-unique mobs like for Example (corpsfire) hav there names in different colors and maybe have a different icon on the mini map? just a thought so that there not just yellow named mobs

Not that I know of, otherwise I would have done it.

Here I am !

It's super cool idea

Thanks for enthusiatic feedback.

2- graphisme

Look good but texture at range look too take more time to appear. I don't see these on Sacred 2. I have a AMD card. So maybe it's come with the fog problem with Nvidia.

You're actually seeing much farther than normal, because I removed some of the fog. This can cause some distant things like trees and buildings to "pop-in" out of nowhere. It's a trade-off for being able to see further. If enough people dislike the change and would rather look at a big wall of grey fog rather than have objects pop-in, I'll change it back.

3- spell

Most game text are the original (Ancestral fire ball, Focus Tempest, etc). So I don't know what change you made exactly to each Combat Art. My game is in French maybe you need help for translation. If a language is not present why not pushing the txt in english ?

Vampire is making a French translation, but it doesn't happen overnight. It will take a little while longer.

• Fireball: why not using the GFX of the Enhanced mod or the one used by mob? it should have look way better.
  • Fire wall: The GFX you choose is misleading, at some angle it look like it will hit at the wrong place. Did you test using the Fire spell used by some dragon.
  • Frost Nova: these GFX is really cool but don't really look like a nova but why not.
  • Enchant: flaming effect on the weapon? Too confusing with stone effect maybe?

I explained my choices for all spell designs, mechanics and effects in the posts for each character's combat arts, like the Sorceress.

• Light Saber with caster oriented effect ? (Intelligence, casting speed, regeneration, spell intensity, spell resistance, ...)

A caster would probably want Windu's Mace, Disturbance in the Force, or Light Source.

Btw sorc Inferno seems either bugged or I cant figure out how to use it properly.

I've had this complaint before, and I just don't have the same problem. Probably the issue is you think you're close enough but you're not. The fx is greater than the actual range of the spell, and the mechanics allow you to cast it from any distance, even if you're not close enough. Try thinking of it as a short-range spell.

And could it be possible to put an option for not displaying helm ?

2- example of helmet clipping.

It's with new hair style but it happen with all hair style, in Sacred 2 vanilla too.

I could remove the helm from the game, that's about the only option I can think of. But I don't want to do that.

1- why a short under my shiny string armor ?

String amor should be like this : more skin = more defence ! String armor are the heart of any Fantaisy video game.

I appreciate that, but Diablo 2 generally gave the Sorceress some decent armor that covered her up. The shorts are a result of integrating Wardust's Serious Textures mod. I'm still fine-tuning the new design of the Sorceress's armor and appearance. Expect her to be a bit different in the next version. She'll show less skin than the High Elf, but won't always be fully covered up.

Hi again, are you possibly accepting suggestions about eventual new super-uniques or locations which may fit for a special enemy?

Yeah, fire away. I have a few plans still unfinished, like putting Radament in the caves below Khorum, but otherwise most of the missing super-uniques and bosses are missing because I don't have a good model for them.

Well here are some suggestions:

The Smith could be based of the S1 Hell Golem model (http://www.sacredwiki.org/images/Enemies/monsters/hellgolemgreypic.jpg)

Fangskin shares some similarities with S1's wreathed chokers (http://www.sacredwiki.org/images/Enemies/monsters/WreathedChokerMOnsters.jpg)

Battlemaid Sarina could either be an Inquisition Guard or you could try to implement the S1 model of Dark Elf Matriarchs (http://www.sacredwiki.org/images/Enemies/elves/darkelvenpriestesselves.jpg)

Icehawk riftwing could either be a S1 Golem or even a Sakkara Demon

The members of the travincal high council (ismail and company) could be made of Sacred 2 high elf inquisitors (or human dark mages).

Izual is supposedly a fallen angel, so I guess that either the Dark Seraphim or the common Seraphim with a black and white version of sophia's armor could fit. Yeah I know he's a huge male demon-boss in the game, but nobody minds boobs once in a while.

Diablo (actually, Diablo in D3), bears some resemblance with anducar's demon form, might be worth a try?

The three barbarian super uniques in D2 LOD could be replaced with shadow warrior npcs using a pretty set of armor and weapons.

Some other models which have been rarely used in game could also work out as bosses/superuniques, as they are either useless NPCs or very rarely seen: Witches , Undead Legion Mages, S1's Anducar and Shaddar, etc.

Another funny idea for superuniques would be actual characters (like those in the Age of Heroes mod) using a certain set of skills, emulating pvp. Considering the new mounts should also work if used for NPCs, I belive battling a high elf boss riding her dragon pet would be quite amazing.

Edited by DeathAngel7
  • Like! 1