[Dev] Diablo 2 Fallen mod for Sacred 2

Flix

• I like the idea of doing something with Witches. There's one for the High Elf Region, Artamark, and the Desert. Three Witches somewhere sounds nice, though there's nothing from D2 to base them on. There's also the one witch introduced in Ice and Blood but CM Patch made that one into the Spider Queen.

VERY cool

+++

:)

gogo

• Like! 1

On performance, I add to reduce my setting because I was lagging a little. I have average setting.

Did you know where you want each boss? Will we have to safe Deckard Cain? If you want help for dialogue, just ask.

Will you keep light & dark campagne?

• Like! 1

When I was playing diablo 2 mods, I found 1 mod that used diablo, mefisto, baal and other bosses instead or regular chars. Do you think it would be possible to make something like that in sacred2? How cool it would be to play diablo, with his special spells and some additional skills, doing dark campaign only. Char model could be some monster, and armor and weapons would not affect its look.

Edited by Qlio

Hey guys, stumbled upon this forum as I just picked up sacred 2 again, and I gotta say this is an awesome mod!

I have a question however: The thing you did with the view distance/fog, is there any way to do that manually? I find myself getting really annoyed with the fog when playing vanilla now.

Edited by Flame
  • Like! 1

Flix is possible put into inferno patch moonyspawn mod, it may not be directly that mod, but he added in game much more enemies.

2: Increase the maximum attack speed to 250% What do you think about it?

• Like! 1

Compared to the survival mod for vanilla Sacred 2, I find the Inferno mod more balanced on Easy. I will switch to Normal then continue to test.

>> Having the Fog's files in a separate mod could help a lot. I could set-up something more good for me like this.

>> For the other boss, if keep for D2 similarity:

• Duriel in a tomb in the Desert. A small one to keep the fight spirit (big boss in small cave) but the satellite view in boss fight might be problematic. Why not the one east to Sulinar (not the one that go for the dragon)
  • Mephisto could take place in the big labyrinth under Dyr-Laigh
  • Diablo should take place in a temple or something like that. Why the Seraphim structure under Seraphim Valley ?
  • Baal why not putting it under Last Watch in Artamark.

But it might be better to keep map order. Did you keep the campaign boss (guardian, faceleton, ...) ? If not, just put Baal in the guardian room, Diablo in the Temple under Dyr-Laigh, Mephisto on to of the temple in the jungle. etc.
Or will you mix both D2 and Sacred 2 boss for the campaign ?

• Like! 1

But it might be better to keep map order. Did you keep the campaign boss (guardian, faceleton, ...) ? If not, just put Baal in the guardian room, Diablo in the Temple under Dyr-Laigh, Mephisto on to of the temple in the jungle. etc.

Or will you mix both D2 and Sacred 2 boss for the campaign ?

I guess I haven't thought about it much, since I don't have Diablo, Baal or Duriel creatures to use yet. But I couldn't justify just replacing bosses, when I could fit both old and new in the game. The only question would be: do I put the new bosses as part of the campaign, and move the old ones somewhere else, or do I put the new bosses somewhere else, perhaps as part of a separate quest? The problem with replacing old bosses is all the dialogue that sets you up to fight them. I'd have to replace the text and voices to make it make sense. For that reason I'm more inclined to put new bosses in new places, and fill in the quest later.

• The circle of ancient pillars between Clearview ruins and benny's corn field : http://I.imgur.com/abEC6n8.jpg
  • Fortress Reikenstein's Dungeons
  • Abandoned Chapel ontop of a hill next to the Grunwald portal (has a quite dark and creepy look)
  • Stone circle next to the burned village south of Artmark's Gate
  • Tomb of the ancestors next to Artmark's gate
  • Crag Rock (region with those enormous trees behind the Banshee dungeon)
  • Stone Arena next to Ruka
  • Secret passage under Ruka's portal (basically a narrow dungeon with a shrine to an Orc hero)

Alright, let's see here...

• Clearview stone circle and Burned Village stone circle are already set aside for part of the Druid's class quest, not to mention they are also already used for Strange Rituals and Demonic Magic quests, respectively. I'm not sure I want to cram any more quest creatures into one place.
  • I very nearly put Pindleskin in Fortress Reikenstein's dungeon, but ended up moving him at the last minute. The dungeon is really just a series of narrow rooms, but maybe something smaller could fit there.
  • The others are good spots. I like to spread them out over the map if I can.
  • Like! 1

I guess I haven't thought about it much, since I don't have Diablo, Baal or Duriel creatures to use yet. But I couldn't justify just replacing bosses, when I could fit both old and new in the game. The only question would be: do I put the new bosses as part of the campaign, and move the old ones somewhere else, or do I put the new bosses somewhere else, perhaps as part of a separate quest? The problem with replacing old bosses is all the dialogue that sets you up to fight them. I'd have to replace the text and voices to make it make sense. For that reason I'm more inclined to put new bosses in new places, and fill in the quest later.

Why not putting the vanilla campaign into a very big quest and to put the new boss into a new campaign ?

Diablo skin is an enhanced red balrog ^o^ (no wings but lot of spike)

Edited by NathyielNathyiel
  • Like! 1

The D2 campaign could be interresting to do with both light/dark path.

In light path, you want to stop evil from spreading.

In dark path, you want to kill them to take there place.

In both case, merging could be interresting and could improve the story.

Diablo and his brother are the behind the T-energy problem. They use it for corrupting and asserving the world.

• Like! 1

Diablo and his brother are the behind the T-energy problem. They use it for corrupting and asserving the world.

So what are the final 4 bosses around the "crystal"? Is it literally a boss rush of 4 out of 5 final act bosses?

• Like! 1

If I have to merge the 2 story, it should be like this :

Chapter 1

Just before the quest Through the Wall, add a quest that lead to The Comtesse and then to Andariel.

Something is corrupting our mens, it need investigation.

The Corrupted rogue are lead by Blood Raven.

The Countesse should know who is behind this. (Flix put it under Black Oaks, it could be chapter 2 then)

Andariel should be stopped.(Flix place her in the Cursed Forest. But it should be mor interresting in Tyr-lysia)

Chapter 6

After defeating the Fog, in place of the reparation dialogue, add a quest that lead to the Invocator. (The fight should take place in a T-energy lab, or something like that).

Chapter 7

After the defeat the Garganthropod, add a quest to Duriel.

You found a map on the ruin showing the tomb of an ancient evil.

The Tomb have been opened

Baal have escaped and Duriel is here to cover is escape.

Chapter 9

Instead of a promise to not kill other Driad (dark) / Before telling me wheres the key (light), you must destroye the Evil that lurk under the city.

Both Mephisto and Diablo are dead but Baal is still hidding.

(Flix put meph in temple of tears. It work good. The council should be there too then. And I forget Izual)

Chapter 10

The guardian are in the corridor, and must be defeated to access the main room.

Baal is in the core room. He must be stopped before he use the Great Machine.

edit: I check where some boss have been put by flix and comment about it. Edited by NathyielNathyiel
  • Like! 1

Quick questions:

Did Vitality receive the same buff than Strengh/Intelligence?

Did the inferno mob change mob resistance? Because the 2 boss skeleton in Jail Island are like immune to some damagE (fire/ice, normal difficulty, HE level 25).

Font size problem.

Hello dear Sacred gamers, I have a question Flix please:

I do not want to use the Diablo font but instead my good old Isabella and Calibri fonts. Problem is that now, by enabling the mod, the size is really small, hardly readable, how can I prevent that?

Thank you very much.

Font size problem.

Hello dear Sacred gamers, I have a question Flix please:

I do not want to use the Diablo font but instead my good old Isabella and Calibri fonts. Problem is that now, by enabling the mod, the size is really small, hardly readable, how can I prevent that?

Thank you very much.

Delete the entire "fonts" folder from the "pak" folder of the mod.

• Like! 1

Flix, did you plan on adding some D2 unique/set item ?

I think of item like Azurewraith or Herald of Zakarum, ...

Some weapons have already been added. Current list is : Windhammer, Executioner's Justice, The Gnasher, Death Cleaver, Aldur's Rhythm, Bartuc's Cutthroat, Stormrider

I'm also on the cusp of adding Throwing Axes as a weapon type, so you may also get the uniques The Scalper, Glimmershred, or Lacerator. I'd also really like get more random and unique wands in the game.

For armor you currently have Aldur's Watchtower, Doom Guard Armor, and M'avina's Battle Hymn sets. Also there are unique helms: Wormskull, Griffon's Eye, Trang-Oul's Guise, Jalal's Mane

For future swords and shields, I think it will be a question of models. I'd want them to look like the originals, rather than just putting the name on a Sacred 2 model. The game is pretty well saturated with a good, well-rounded selection of unique swords and shields. The game doesn't really "need" any more. So I start to feel it might be better to replace some rather than just pile more on.

• Like! 1