[Dev] Diablo 2 Fallen mod for Sacred 2

Flix

The trouble with Pindleskin Oo

Wth has eaten this creature:) he's way too much hard to beat at this point of the game, isn't he? you have to got like 100~150 healing potions to beat him, is it really intended to be so hard?

• Like! 1

I think a balance check need to be done on the new both (normal & inferno mod) as some are: unkillable and/or too power.

It really depend on class, level/diificulty And gear. My HE is a patchwork of blue to green gear with no set bonus. Bad drop is bad

The trouble with Pindleskin Oo

Wth has eaten this creature:) he's way too much hard to beat at this point of the game, isn't he? you have to got like 100~150 healing potions to beat him, is it really intended to be so hard?

It's probably the buff I gave him that increases his damage.

You're not required to fight him though. He's slow and in a cave. Just run past him.

I think a balance check need to be done on the new both (normal & inferno mod) as some are: unkillable and/or too power.

It really depend on class, level/diificulty And gear. My HE is a patchwork of blue to green gear with no set bonus. Bad drop is bad

Make a list and I'll look over it. Super-uniques are supposed to be challenging though, and basically optional.

• Like! 1

Make a list and I'll look over it. Super-uniques are supposed to be challenging though, and basically optional.

No problem I will check them all.

Did you have a list with there location ?

No problem I will check them all.

Did you have a list with there location ?

Check the first post. I listed all the creatures updates. Super-uniques start with update #9.

Thanks for the link Flix

Bad news.

I put some points in dark summons lore and golem still does the same damage.

I think it only increases the damage from the modifications that increase their damage. The same way it increases the armor that they gain from the modifications (but does not increases their armor otherwise).

First, I want to say that Rakanishu super-unique is a lot of fun :starwars:

Secondly, there's a few thinks I would propose :

1- Glacial Spike (glacial thorns) is very powerful maybe a little too powerful. The problem is that it can be mod for stun on an attack that have a lot of chance to hit (60+ spike) and they can pierce. So it combine both big damage, Area of Effect and a way to control. So I would have prefer less thorns (45 ?) but for bigger damage, and/or give the stun to Ice Bolt (frost flare) or to Frost Nova.

But I suppose that boss have higher chance to resist to stun in higher difficulty level.

edit: it really on a lot of factor. Changing zone, increasing Survival bonus, etc can make this spell more wanted.

In fact, I have like more importance to Ice bolt and Frost Nova.
Ice bolt could benefit a increase in range as well as change already proposed. The freezing explosion should feel like a real group slow-down.
Frost Nova is really interesting but it should be better if it have a stun mod or something like that (in place of Glacial Spike). It would make it an utility spell that lead to interesting game-play. (edit: depend on a lot of factor too)

2- Spell animation

Blizzard (raging nimbus) is super fun but the cloud like texture is too opaque. I know it's like in vanilla Sacred 2 but the problem was there too. With more visibility, these spell will be a lot more fun and useful.

Shiver Armor use the same aspect change than in Vanilla. it's cool but I would like to see my armor sometimes. Why not giving it a blue bubble effect like in D2 ?

3- Buff spell animation

Buff can be the difference between life and death, especially with Inferno mod. A lot of new mob can debuff the player, removing one of them. If it's a good idea for making fight more challenging, the fact that they have long cast animation is very penalizing as re-casting it in mid-fight is in most of the time equal to death. And in the case, it's safe to reapply them, you don't really need them.

I think that's all for Sorceress. I will test paladin next.

4- Life leech attack from mob (inferno)

I won't say they are too powerful but sometime I think it's. Having a mob just hit you for like 50% HP, at range, is really not fun. I will detail in my testing if I found it really too powerful. (test in progress)

Edited by NathyielNathyiel

Blue bubble swirling crystal? Swirling blue cristaline bubble ;-)

For the cow level, I see a few possibility :

1) in the cursed forest. I'm pretty sure there's a place with nothing quest related.

2) near crop circle farm

3) in one of the pumpkin field

4) the unused place in north-east Artamark (near a lake)

• Like! 1

Found a bug :

On sorceress, Pole Arms can be equipped when 2-hands Magic Staff can't. It should be the reverse.

The Sorceress/High Elf can use both, and always has been able to. Are you sure you're not trying to equip a 2h Energy Weapon? Sometimes they have names with the word "staff."

• Like! 1

It's Esu Annihilator staff. I don't know if it's an Energy Weapon or not. I can't find it on the wiki or either.

edit> it have "ranged wepon" modificator. So I suppose it's a ranged weapon. Very confusing.

Edited by NathyielNathyiel

It's Esu Annihilator staff. I don't know if it's an Energy Weapon or not. I can't find it on the wiki or either.

edit> it have "ranged wepon" modificator. So I suppose it's a ranged weapon. Very confusing.

Yep, that's a 2h Energy Weapon. Only Inquisitor, Seraphim and Shadow Warrior can use them.

Also, don't use the Wiki to look up unique weapons, because too much has changed. Use the Visual Guide to D2F Unique Weapons that I posted.

Edited by Flix

Very good.

As I was testing your super-unique/boss in Inferno, I start thinking as a way to built characterfor surviving the challenge. I will start in gold this weekend so I fear the challenge.

I think the best strategy is to consider any character as hardcore. Any bandit in the starting zone is a deadly opponent and there's some boss that need a lot of thinking to pass without dying a few time.

On attribut, stacking Vitality is obvious. Willpower should be forgotten. But the primary offensive attribut should have some point or your damage will be too low. And it end up with trouble to hit mobs.

Defensive ability are very importante. choosing mod that can control (stun, slow, debuff, ...) are the difference between life and death. Defensive buff is importante. On my sorceress I have 2 buff and I plan to go for 3 buff as soon as I can.

Immunity : It's a good change and challenge. Be prepared for it. Weapon with different jewel, spell for debuff resist, ..

I want to thanks Flix a lot here. (And all of those wgo are working on d2f).

• Like! 1

I just realized I had the wrong itemtype assigned to The Bloodlord, the vampire superunique at The Last Watch. He currently has the same design as elite vampires, but he's supposed to have his own unique skin. Will be fixed in the next release.

I also realized I never mentioned that I replaced the old creature of "The Dream Vampire" quest enemy with the new vampire design, so if you do that quest be prepared to fight a much different and more difficult enemy.

I hope to have v0.4 release ready to go in about 2 weeks. It's been quiet with updates, but there are lots of really cool things that have been developed since v0.3 that you will see soon.

Edited by Flix

I installed the hotfix but mobs perma stun my paladin on easy difficulty !
I mean I have just one piece of gear, level 3 and just the begining of the game, is this mod supposed to be played after having leveled it's character on the non modded game or is there a way to resist stun (I was stunned more than 1 minute- and exited game).
Nearly 25% of the mobs stun me and I can't do anything ?

• Like! 1