[Dev] Diablo 2 Fallen mod for Sacred 2

Flix

Hello all brave warriors and talented mages.

The French translation is finally over. I put the link of the French forum.

You can test it and give me feedback. I could easily correct for the next version.

A big thank you to Flix for his patience and kindness. ;)

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/forums/42-13796-39802799-1-0-1-0-pc-mod-diablo-en-francais.htm

Good. Is there's a way to integrate it into the mod or should it make it too big :)

• Like! 1

You can test it and give me feedback. I could easily correct for the next version.

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/forums/42-13796-39802799-1-0-1-0-pc-mod-diablo-en-francais.htm

That's awesome Vampire, well done!!

I know how long translation takes, especially into French which is devilish (we speak it here in Quebec).

You're making a lot of fans happy everywhere

:)

gogo

• Like! 1

No, thank YOU Vampire, all I did was some encouragement and a little encoding. You did all this great work. I changed so much text in the game, I can't believe anyone would be insane enough to try to keep up with me. We should be paid for this. ;)

Good. Is there's a way to integrate it into the mod or should it make it too big :)

There's very good news here. Because of the way the game handles different languages, I can add all the different translations to a single installation. There will be no special install instructions or anything. Everyone simply installs the exact same mod, and the game uses whatever language applies according to your game localization. And each new translation only adds about 3mb to the total file size. :)

If you have the French version of the game and you want to add the translation right away, all you have to do is add the new global.res file from Vampire to the following folder: Sacred 2 Gold/locale/fr_FR

Edited by Flix

Titan Quest has donated lots of weapon models. There were some spears in the Item Mod, and now all these staves and daggers. Some clubs and a couple shields are also a possibility in the future. The two silver daggers are from Prince of Persia.

• Like! 1

Hey Flix, I wan't to say, good job on this mod for sacred 2 , also I have a suggestion more or less.

I logged in my Paladin wich I made him specificaly for killing demons,undeads, doing over 25k dmg at level 50, and continued farming in the cursed island as its the fastest map to level the paladin, while there everthing was perfect untill I stumble upon Gargantua, wich didn't fit in, that spider supposely to be a demon as well since everything is cursed in there, and not a living Insect, now my suggestion is , can you change the mob type to demon ? To fit the scenery ?

Or you can point out where can I change it, if its in global.res don't bother I quited editing games a long time ago, thank you for the support.

Edited by AngelShade
  • Like! 1

OK I've looked into the Smite bug that leaves you frozen and unable to move. It happens sometimes when you use Smite and then immediately hold left click to use normal attacks.

Solution: I've found that every time this bug happened, using Smite again always helped break me free of the "freeze." Can anyone else confirm this solution?

To avoid this in the first place, simply take a step before attacking, or just wait a moment. There seems to be only a split second moment directly after teleporting that this bug can occur. You can also avoid it by putting another attack after Smite in a combo.

I can confirm that sometimes, it doesn't debug after using smite, I think the FX of the skill is the issue here, maybe change the type of the teleport inside the spell?

• Like! 1

Great models of items will found in KOAR and WOW game :D Anyway you impress day by day with this updates. 1 Question? In next release of this mod add Elite Mount?

Edited by King Angel
  • Like! 1

Hey Flix, I wan't to say, good job on this mod for sacred 2 , also I have a suggestion more or less.

I logged in my Paladin wich I made him specificaly for killing demons,undeads, doing over 25k dmg at level 50, and continued farming in the cursed island as its the fastest map to level the paladin, while there everthing was perfect untill I stumble upon Gargantua, wich didn't fit in, that spider supposely to be a demon as well since everything is cursed in there, and not a living Insect, now my suggestion is , can you change the mob type to demon ? To fit the scenery ?

Hey, thanks. I stand by my choice to make the Gargantua an insect. This was the classification made by Ascaron for the monster and I think it's the right one. If you want to change the classification to demon, you can do so in itemtype.txt. The entry is # 5145, and you can see the two lines:

subfamily = "SUBFAM_LIFE_INSECT",

classification = "CLF_SPIDER_ALG",

you can change them to:

subfamily = "SUBFAM_LIFE_DEMON",

classification = "CLF_DEFAULT",

I can confirm that sometimes, it doesn't debug after using smite, I think the FX of the skill is the issue here, maybe change the type of the teleport inside the spell?

Thanks for the report. I don't know what else to do, except to tell you to not to hold down the left mouse button until after you've "landed" when using Smite. Then you'd avoid the bug altogether. The animation used is actually just the default attack animation, so I don't think it's to blame. The fx is just some orange sparkly stuff, and I don't think it's involved, but I'll try removing it and see if there's any improvement.

Great models of items will found in KOAR and WOW game :D Anyway you impress day by day with this updates. 1 Question? In next release of this mod add Elite Mount?

Thanks a lot. Right now, there are elite mounts for the Assassin, Necromancer, Barbarian, and Sorceress. The others still require more work, and will have to wait until a later release. Beta 4 won't include any new mount updates.

• Like! 1

So I've downloaded the D2F mod and when I open my start screen there is no text. and no text in the game. Any suggestions?

Hello, thanks for trying the mod. It sounds like you didn't install the fonts as instructed.

• Like! 1

The volume of work is oustanding... Kudos to you and Silver... seriously Fix, we're gonna need a whole new wiki to catalogue all the new goodies!

Especially like the work on the sorceress, and I was a dryad for my of my career, the shrunken heads especially amuse me.

Thank you for this great morning read

:)

gogo

• Like! 1

Hey flix, I have a ideea for some group combat , I do mot know if this game os intede for group play but it could be a good ideea to add a raidable boss, that requires more then just a player to kill it. I know this could be more or less effective but it could either be overlooked or incest players in grouping over the multyplayer.

Edit: Also I remember you removing the pvp ca , are you able to edit the ca's , I know you cannot create a new one but you could edit existing one for.a.new.purpose. Il come back wit a actual ideea over this aspect.

Edited by AngelShade