[Dev] Diablo 2 Fallen mod for Sacred 2

Flix

Paladin's Holy Bolt damage is extraordinary high against Demons/Undead. I know it should do more damage, but dealing 36k-60k+ at level 27 is a bit absurd. It literally oneshot the fire demon on the seraphim island. CA level was level 1 or 2 I think.

Oh and sorry for resurrecting this thread from the dead :(

Happy to see you here on the boards, marge86

welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo

Ok I decided to do another round of testing and I'm working on a new balance patch for the mod. I expect it will be done in a couple weeks. So far I'm finding a few unfair difficulty spikes here and there that I'm in the process of ironing out. Putrid Defilers, for example, are just too brutal for Act 1 enemies so they're getting a nerf.

People will also be happy to hear I decided to get rid of the buff deactivation property on the enemy blue lightning strike spell. It just makes playing too much of a pain. If you run across 3 elite ghosts, for example, your buffs are getting deactivated just as quickly as you can recast them. I think buff deactivation should only be a rare ability of some bosses and superuniques.

I'll post the full list of changes when the update comes out.

Flix you are a godsend,your capabilities have advanced beyond recognition during my absence.Not only you are keeping a legend alive,you are also improving and working on it continuously.That is miraculous and my gratitude for it can never be measured.When I find time I will install and give it a try and leave my feedback being a former Diablo II player myself

No clue who or what Imperius is. If it's from Diablo 3, I didn't play it past the demo. The only things from D3 in this mod are a few icons I borrowed.

I remember Tyrael from Diablo 2 though. There was a ticket on the Cm Patch bugtracker trying to get Tyrael armor made for someone (Inquisitor maybe). It never got past planning stages though. As for this mod, no plans for it now.

Do you see my profile picture? That is Imperius.He is my hero and one of the few reasons that bind me to this life.He is the Archangel of Valor,his courage is so immense nothing can break his will.He is the commander of the high heavens,extremely legalistic and unbended(not the game :D) by any exceptions.
While most of the heavens got broken and became hopeless,Imperius stood unaffected,always doing his best to defend Heavens to the end

• Like! 1

Flix you are a godsend,your capabilities have advanced beyond recognition during my absence.Not only you are keeping a legend alive,you are also improving and working on it continuously.That is miraculous and my gratitude for it can never be measured.When I find time I will install and give it a try and leave my feedback being a former Diablo II player myself

Do you see my profile picture? That is Imperius.He is my hero and one of the few reasons that bind me to this life.He is the Archangel of Valor,his courage is so immense nothing can break his will.He is the commander of the high heavens,extremely legalistic and unbended(not the game :D) by any exceptions.

While most of the heavens got broken and became hopeless,Imperius stood unaffected,always doing his best to defend Heavens to the end

Thanks! Yeah, I've actually played Diablo 3 since then. I actually took off about 3 months from Sacred modding to play other games and I just recently (last week) returned to do some more testing on this mod and create a new version. I feel refreshed after playing a lot of games I had been meaning to get to experience. I still want to keep things from Diablo 3 to a minimum in this mod though.

you could do a trade off of attack speed for the damage. just make them miserably slow but with a major hit factor?

That was a good idea since attack speed is the only penalty on weapons. Unfortunately I can't change that by altering the material like I could with armor. With armor you can make it heavier (more resistance, more movement penalty) but with weapons, changing the material only changes the damage. The speed is set by the weapon type. I guess this idea will stay on the shelf for now.

=======================================================

Here's some bonus material in preparation for the new release. I made a map with all the new bosses and superuniques marked on it. I used Schot's map from the Wiki and cannibalized a few parts from the dungeon map as well. I also added some of the CM bosses like Gartor, Gambling Den Owner, and Blackhammer.

You can download the map HERE.

There's also a text list HERE of all the new monster locations, organized by region.

I'll add the new stuff to the D2F strategies section in the first post.

• Like! 1

Hello

For Ethereal weapons I will think of the bypass armor with all skill and 2.5% of life leech ( for 2 hands ans 2% for 1hand ) but no slot forge . The damage must be of type 5 and better than legendary. They must be capable on boss that drop only. And that each type Ethereal weapons and a mastery ( Sword, pole, ....... )

Edited by KevinLelievre
  • Like! 1

Ethereal weapons ( Level max 225 plz ) and Swords mastery chance for mortal wounds , pole mastery chance for multi hits, Axe ..................

Warning spécialization has two weapons will be too high if no weapon mastery

And above 2.5% life leech max for 2 hands and 2% or 1.8 for 1 hand plz ;-)

( life leech with Attack speed and the 2 weapons is very strong )

Edited by KevinLelievre

Very good adjustements. I wanted to ask if you could put in the arts of combats and the Druid and Sorceress witch of modded or there is leech life like that of the Amazone ( Lightning Bolt ) who and just perfect on this version . I always find that playing full caster is impossible in Sacred 2 because it must always be based on the weapons that benefit the arts of combats based weapon (Barbare , Amazone) or character hybribe as the paladin or necromancer. It this is not possible can be increased an arts fights druid and sorceress. It would creat personal magic that takes into full hight level especially against boss.

Your mods is amazing and I expect the Ethereal weapons with haste :-)

( I also have a visual bug on Arnum Pathfinder's when I met him jewel of fire )

Edited by KevinLelievre
  • Like! 1

Very good adjustements. I wanted to ask if you could put in the arts of combats and the Druid and Sorceress witch of modded or there is leech life like that of the Amazone ( Lightning Bolt ) who and just perfect on this version . I always find that playing full caster is impossible in Sacred 2 because it must always be based on the weapons that benefit the arts of combats based weapon (Barbare , Amazone) or character hybribe as the paladin or necromancer. It this is not possible can be increased an arts fights druid and sorceress. It would creat personal magic that takes into full hight level especially against boss.

Thanks. I made Lightning Bolt have LL% available because the Amazon was missing a good "boss-killing" spell. On the other hand, the Druid gets several powerful spells that very capable of taking on bosses without LL%. Poison Creeper (Tangled Vine) + Armageddon (Incendiary Shower) combo is very powerful. The Sorceress's Cold Spells are probably even more powerful than vanilla against bosses.

( I also have a visual bug on Arnum Pathfinder's when I met him jewel of fire )

Can you post a picture?

• Like! 1

Paladin:
* Fixed a bug that was causing Holy Bolt to deal 20x the intended damage against demons.

I had sooo much fun with it XD, guess I have to remake my character XD, as I invested in that specific skill XD.

• Like! 1

I put you screen seals but the bug products only when courses .

I speak for the druid and sorcess only specialize in one combat arts.

Having a Necromencer 200 ( bone and poison )Druid 200 ( elementals magic ) Paladin 200 ( Defense and sublime comabt ) Sorcess 43 ( Lightning ).I will speak only on the ones iknow about their of combat arts that I play . Necromencer and Paladin Nothing to say they are very strong. The Druid elemental magic is good except tornado which is too slow ( twister is largely better especially at hight level ) when the sorceress I was riding in Lightning is I will talk when I'm finished.

( I can not seem to insert an image )

Edited by KevinLelievre
  • Like! 1

Paladin:

* Fixed a bug that was causing Holy Bolt to deal 20x the intended damage against demons.

I had sooo much fun with it XD, guess I have to remake my character XD, as I invested in that specific skill XD.

It still deals 5x normal damage against demons, so most demons can still be 1-shot except for bosses and superuniques. It was never meant to 1-shot bosses though, that was just insane. :wacko:

I speak for the druid and sorcess only specialize in one combat arts.

Having a Necromencer 200 ( bone and poison )Druid 200 ( elementals magic ) Paladin Defense and sublime comabt ) Sorcess 43 ( Lightning ).I will speak only on the ones iknow about their of combat arts that I play . Necromencer and Paladin Nothing to say they are very strong. The Druid elemental magic is good except tornado which is too slow ( twister is largely better especially at hight level ) when the sorceress I was riding in Lightning is I will talk when I'm finished.

I was thinking about increasing the damage of Tornado. I too noticed that Twister outclasses it at high levels if you choose certain modifications (you can have up to 5 Twisters active at once, only 2 Tornados). Twister and Tornado actually move at the same speed though.

I agree Lightning Spells might be the weakest Sorceress aspect when it comes to boss killing. Lightning and/or Telekinesis would have to be modified for heavy damage. If I added Life Leech % it would be for one of those combat arts.

Edited by Flix
  • Like! 1

Yes could slightly increase the movement speed of Tornado and twister and also increase the base damage Tornado. It'll be perfect for the combat arts elemental magic ;-)

For the sorceress could put you in 2 modded Lightning life leech has room 2 additionnal channels and increase slightly the base damage Nova ( not damage over time which are good ) that will offset the multiple damage of Lightning if life leech. The Telekinesis is very good because it debuff( it is perfect ) and teleport's great.

The energy shield I expected to be level 200 to talk .

I know that you increase the bargaining but unfortunately inssufisant reach the hight level . A 1 point per level would be to have top quality max 12 objets because this skill is catactrophic

Edited by KevinLelievre

Dear all

After long time of non-playing (much work and illness) and resetup of my pc I would play again this wonderful mod. I installed all new. The game is running but I miss the wonderful graphic. It seems that there is no hqmap (if I remember right there has to be a hq map folder? I read that the stardust mod is included - what did I wrong?

I installed: CM-Patch 150, DiabloFallen-Patch (Version December) and enabled it.

I use ingame graphic options ,highend' and Play with Nvidia GT70. Would be glad if someone could help me. Sorry for my bad english...

Have a nice Christmas time!

• Like! 1

Dear all

After long time of non-playing (much work and illness) and resetup of my pc I would play again this wonderful mod. I installed all new. The game is running but I miss the wonderful graphic. It seems that there is no hqmap (if I remember right there has to be a hq map folder? I read that the stardust mod is included - what did I wrong?

I installed: CM-Patch 150, DiabloFallen-Patch (Version December) and enabled it.

I use ingame graphic options ,highend' and Play with Nvidia GT70. Would be glad if someone could help me. Sorry for my bad english...

Have a nice Christmas time!

Hi there. If you have elite textures enabled, you need to follow the instructions in this thread to make them work with D2F.

Edit: And these are the instructions in German.

Edited by Flix
  • 2 weeks later...