[Dev] Diablo 2 Fallen mod for Sacred 2

Flix

Hi Flix!

I've always wondered about the undead centurion flail.

Is that a weapon? Or part of their bodies?

Thanks!

Yeah, I posted about it somewhere... HERE

It's classified as a sword technically. A version for the player could be reclassified as Hafted Weapon or anything else. The animation doesn't really look right though.

I have a question , for me I have the problem that the skills are not as Diablo skills shown , but still as in normal Sacred 2

Can anyone explain to me?

Hello!

There's no German translation yet, only English and French. So on a German game, the words would still be normal Sacred 2.

I hope I will have translations to more languages someday.

Hi everyone!

I want to say thanks for this amazing mod. It fits the diablo 2 theme so well that it blows my mind.

I really dont want to sound like a douchebag, but I have a couple of questions, please don't get mad if they sound too pretentious, I just want to take this out of my mind.

Is it posible to modify the blizzard spell to make the cloud appear above the target and spawn shards from there?

Can you put the flaring nova effect on the frost nova spell? Keeping the icy evanescence effect of course, just to look a bit more like a "nova".

Is it posible to make a dodge and parry/block animation? Like in diablo 2 and diablo 1 you could see one once in a while, sparks would also look well, like in sacred 1. I thought about this when seeing the pick up animation, maybe you could use an already scripted animation that looks like such.

Can you get uniques from vanilla sacred 2? Or those were replaced by the new uniques?

Anyways, the mod is freaking awesome, best wishes for the developer.

Sorry to everyone who got an eyesore reading this, im not very good with english

Cheers!

And a hearty welcome to DarkMatters as well Tharkun!!

:)

gogo

I have a question , for me I have the problem that the skills are not as Diablo skills shown , but still as in normal Sacred 2

Hello!

There's no German translation yet, only English and French. So on a German game, the words would still be normal Sacred 2.

Is it possible to put the game in English ? Despite purchased German version ?

Hello!

Is it possible to put the game in English ? Despite purchased German version ?

No, not really, sorry. You can copy all the Diablo 2 Fallen files from the English folder into the German one, but then the names of random items will be mixed German/English.

If you want to try it anyway, do this:

Install Diablo 2 Fallen mod. Then go into the game's installation folder: Sacred 2/locale/en_UK

Copy these three files: global.res , Itemnames.csv , and ListFontGroups.xml

Paste them into Sacred 2/locale/de_DE , overwriting the files that are there. Back them up somewhere first!

Hi Flix!

I've recently noticed that my sorceress and amazon still have the old make up thing on their face.

Did it change in the latest version?

I don't know how I didn't notice it before, also don't know how I'm not completely blind yet, I've been playing the crap out of this mod.

Thanks as always!

EDIT: Nevermind, I had the texture quality on low

Edited by Tharkun
  • Like! 1

Hi Flix!

I've recently noticed that my sorceress and amazon still have the old make up thing on their face.

Did it change in the latest version?

I don't know how I didn't notice it before, also don't know how I'm not completely blind yet, I've been playing the crap out of this mod.

Thanks as always!

EDIT: Nevermind, I had the texture quality on low

OK, thank goodness, you were going to give me a heart attack. :twitch:

You can use the mod with low quality enabled, but you would have to go into graphics15.zip and manually rename the "mq" folders of the mod to "lq" (I think).

Hello!

Good afternoon , so far I am very happy with the Mod . Now I have the problem that is indeed installed the font , I will not appear in the font in the game . Am I doing something wrong?

Hello!

Good afternoon , so far I am very happy with the Mod . Now I have the problem that is indeed installed the font , I will not appear in the font in the game . Am I doing something wrong?

Did you install the fonts? There are 3 .ttf fonts located in the pak/fonts directory of the mod that you need to double click to install on your system.

If you still can't get it to work, you can delete the file: fonts.xml in the pak/fonts folder, and also ListFontGroups.xml in the locale/de_DE folder. Then the mod will just use the normal Sacred 2 fonts.

Hi Flix!

I've been thinking about the stat system and some things seem weird to me, I was hoping you can help me with that, please don't take this as criticism, I just want to take this out of my mind and I know you're the best for this kind of thing.

Strength vs agility

Something about agility seems weird (at least to me) in this game. Strength boosts attack rating and damage, agility boosts a little bit attack rating, defense rating and damage right? It seems that strength boosts your chance to hit a lot more than agility does, isn't supposed to be the opposite? In that case, agility based melee weapons have a big unadvantage compared to strength based ones, since you can do much more damage with them and strength boosts the % to hit a lot more.

Did I get this right? I'm curious because I want to make some kind of agility based melee character, but now I'm kind of reluctant because not only will it do less damage but it also will be less likely to hit targets.

Is it any good to invest on stamina? It seems to do little to no effect on regen, I feel like im wasting points on it since now you've changed stats to work like in fallen angel.

Something about arctic blast and glacial spike, this things hit like shotguns at close range, I've been able to kill Bloodclaw in three hits with arctic blast, don't get me wrong, I love using this (I played mostly a GoW battlemage in sacred 1, also the spell looks freaking awesome now) I just want to know if it is supposed to be this way, maybe im min maxing my druid too much.

Sorry if this sounds like some mad rambling, I just want to know and also give some feedback, this is such a good mod that I feel I should help in some way. Also sorry about mispellings.

Thanks as always!

Edited by Tharkun
  • Like! 1

Hey Flix, I have a question. I´m spanish, so I know I can´t use your mod as you only support french and english for now, but is there any way to use the data that you changed in a spanish game, changing folders or something? I mean, to have a mix of the stuff that you changed in english and the rest of the parts that you didn´t change in spanish. I don´t mind to play the game half english half spanish, if that even posible.

Thanks in advance.

Hello thanks for playing the mod. You can try this:

Install Diablo 2 Fallen mod. Then go into the game's installation folder: Sacred 2/locale/en_UK

Copy these three files: global.res , Itemnames.csv , and ListFontGroups.xml

Paste them into Sacred 2/locale/es_ES , overwriting the files that are there. Back them up somewhere first!

The names of random items will have a mix of English and Spanish. It probably won't make much sense. But everything else should be in English.

• Like! 1

Strength vs agility

Something about agility seems weird (at least to me) in this game. Strength boosts attack rating and damage, agility boosts a little bit attack rating, defense rating and damage right? It seems that strength boosts your chance to hit a lot more than agility does, isn't supposed to be the opposite? In that case, agility based melee weapons have a big unadvantage compared to strength based ones, since you can do much more damage with them and strength boosts the % to hit a lot more.

Did I get this right? I'm curious because I want to make some kind of agility based melee character, but now I'm kind of reluctant because not only will it do less damage but it also will be less likely to hit targets.

You'll get better ways to enhance your chance to hit than by boosting attack rating through stats. So what if Dexterity doesn't boost attack rating all that much. You can find items with "Opponent's Chance to Evade -X%" and "Chance Opponents Cannot Evade Attacks +X%" that will do a much better job.

The point of investing in Dexterity now (or Intelligence, or Willpower) is that it actually boosts weapon damage to an extent that's useful. Dex-based melee builds usually have the advantage of being faster (like for shortswords or daggers). Using Poles might be the one area that's still not quite right. If you're going for the Polearms, the blunt Poles (dex-based) don't stand up to the Strength based ones. Not sure how I could fix that.

Is it any good to invest on stamina? It seems to do little to no effect on regen, I feel like im wasting points on it since now you've changed stats to work like in fallen angel.

I didn't change Stamina. It makes a difference but mostly at low levels when you don't have other sources of lowering regeneration time. Most characters can get by with just the natural progression of the attribute as they level up.

Something about arctic blast and glacial spike, this things hit like shotguns at close range, I've been able to kill Bloodclaw in three hits with arctic blast, don't get me wrong, I love using this (I played mostly a GoW battlemage in sacred 1, also the spell looks freaking awesome now) I just want to know if it is supposed to be this way, maybe im min maxing my druid too much.

It's been tricky to get the damage just right on those. In both cases I reduced the spread (making them more narrow and focused). This would mean the same damage is delivered in a much more narrow focus, so I had to make sure to lower the damage proportionally. It was much lower, but then it seemed like I could barely damage enemies in testing, so I raised it up a little bit. Both skills have been somewhat OP if you manage to hit an enemy with the full blast of the spell.

• Like! 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello and equal an apology, my native language is German.
Equal to my problem. Have the Mod downloaded and installed according to instructions, with Mod Enabler. The game starts with Diablo icons but from the character selection I have only the old character classes and the appropriate skills: Could this be related to my gaming language is German.
Many times already, thanks for corresponding tips

regards OldDummy

• Like! 1

Equal to my problem. Have the Mod downloaded and installed according to instructions, with Mod Enabler. The game starts with Diablo icons but from the character selection I have only the old character classes and the appropriate skills: Could this be related to my gaming language is German.

regards OldDummy

Hello!

Correct, English and French languages only. For now.

• Like! 1

regards OldDummy

And welcome to DarkMatters, OldDummy!

:gogo:

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Flix,
I am wondering if it is worth to pick the Enhanced Perception skill as you said you improved the way magic find works in this mod.
From what I can see the skill gives the same amount of +magic find bonus as the original skill.
So how does + magic find works ?
Does it increase the highest quality tier items monsters can drop and /or does it increase the chances to drop a better quality item and/or does it increase the amount of items that drops ?

For example if I have +10% magic find does it means I have +10% chance to find a Legendary item (tier 14-15).
I plan to farm the Nameless Guardians (can already drop tier 15)/Baal (don't know what is the highest tier item it can drop) / Orc cave (don't know what is the highest tier item it can drop).

Also what boss can drop the highest tier 15 item in Diablo mod ?

Finally why does this member says that EP has limited effect on jewelery ? I thought it has the same effect on every gear (+chance to drop from a highest tier).

enhanced perception still won't get you good jewelry.. But it will get you some of the nicer uniques and more set pieces. A few more jewelry but nothing compared to bargaining.

Thanks

Edited by laharl9999

Hi Flix,

I am wondering if it is worth to pick the Enhanced Perception skill as you said you improved the way magic find works in this mod.

From what I can see the skill gives the same amount of +magic find bonus as the original skill.

So how does + magic find works ?

Does it increase the highest quality tier items monsters can drop and /or does it increase the chances to drop a better quality item and/or does it increase the amount of items that drops ?

For example if I have +10% magic find does it means I have +10% chance to find a Legendary item (tier 14-15).

I plan to farm the Nameless Guardians (can already drop tier 15)/Baal (don't know what is the highest tier item it can drop) / Orc cave (don't know what is the highest tier item it can drop}.

I have no clue how the math works. From what I can see, there are two factors at play: drop quality and drop quantity, both of which are improved by Enhanced Perception.

I changed the line in balance.txt "SkillMagicFindFactor" which at the very least should improve the unlockable Magic Find bonuses on items. For me, it seems to improve overall drop quality in my D2F playthroughs to a noticeable extent.

Also what boss can drop the highest tier 15 item in Diablo mod ?

New bosses in D2F have the same settings as normal bosses and should drop legendary items at about the same rate.

Finally why does this member says that EP has limited effect on jewelery ? I thought it has the same effect on every gear (+chance to drop from a highest tier).

enhanced perception still won't get you good jewelry.. But it will get you some of the nicer uniques and more set pieces. A few more jewelry but nothing compared to bargaining.

I have no idea. I don't believe it's true because it doesn't make any sense, but I don't have any hard proof ether way.