[Dev] Diablo 2 Fallen mod for Sacred 2

Flix

Yes, more immersive I find and changing a little bit from original even if in english. Sure there are D2 french voices but I don't have the files envolved and it surely already took you some time to convert all in ogg and name them, isn't it? I will do with the english ones, thanks Flix :)

nb: I enjoy the new ennemies (infected ones are deadly, surely not the only ones :) )

• Like! 1

Hi Flix! The new updates look awesome, you're doing a outstanding job!

Here's a couple of things I stepped with.

After talking to a boss monster, once fight starts the hud freezes, I can't switch weapons/spells nor drink potions.

The enemy guards on the quest "Deelfici I" carry polearms but use a fist animation (Thylysium).

http://es.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=33jr5s8&s=9#.V_0qNuB97IU

After finishing the "master of the kodiak" quest, the journal says you can find the master of the hunt in the orc capital "grurag-orc", this is misleading, you can find him in Entruag.

The succubus and small dragons (the ones around carnach's cave) have weird attacks, small dragons throw some sort of fur ball that doesn't do any damage, succubus throw lightning balls but I never saw a casting animation, those come out of their bodies while they run around.

Thanks as always!

Edited by Tharkun
  • Like! 1

After talking to a boss monster, once fight starts the hud freezes, I can't switch weapons/spells nor drink potions.

This just happens sometimes. It's been happening to me for as long as I've been playing Sacred 2, for over 6 years. I don't know what triggers it and I don't how to prevent it. I always just exit and reload the game when it happens.

The enemy guards on the quest "Deelfici I" carry polearms but use a fist animation (Thylysium).

Ok, thanks. The same fix I applied before for the city guards should also apply to any other High Elf soldiers who were wielding polearms. They should all just have swords now.

After finishing the "master of the kodiak" quest, the journal says you can find the master of the hunt in the orc capital "grurag-orc", this is misleading, you can find him in Entruag.

Fixed. :)

small dragons throw some sort of fur ball that doesn't do any damage

Yeah, that was an experiment with a strange spell fx type I found, guess it doesn't work. I'll change it to a more conventional fireball.

succubus throw lightning balls but I never saw a casting animation, those come out of their bodies while they run around.

It's Charged Bolt aka Will-o-Wisp divine gift from the vanilla game. They cast it as soon as you come into hostile range, and then it auto-fires from their bodies while they move around/attack/whatever. It's more like a temp buff than separate attacks.

The idea there is that the Succubus enemy from Diablo 2 would just fire endless streams of magic bolts at you. It's hard to get the AI in Sacred 2 to behave the same way (spellcasters like to cast their spell once, then run away, then repeat), so this was my solution to get the "relentless barrage" effect.

• Like! 1

Asides from the quest "Feed the Poor", is there any quest/event in D2 Fallen that gives +skill/attribute point? I logged into my Paladin the other day and she got an extra skill&attribute point that I noticed wasn't there before. Could just be my imagination or I forgot something, but want to make sure.

Asides from the quest "Feed the Poor", is there any quest/event in D2 Fallen that gives +skill/attribute point? I logged into my Paladin the other day and she got an extra skill&attribute point that I noticed wasn't there before. Could just be my imagination or I forgot something, but want to make sure.

I don't think so. Certainly nothing added by the mod. I can recall seeing such a question in the past though, either here or in the CM Patch thread, about phantom points showing up. I've yet to see it myself.

======================================

Guys, I just realized I made a mistake with putting "Mortal Wounds" on spells. I actually put "Shattering Blow" in all instances instead! There actually isn't a spell token for Mortal Wounds, so I'd have to create one (fingers crossed it will work). Otherwise I will just have to change all the spell tooltips. In a way, the latter is just as powerful, as it reduces enemy hitpoints twice as much, but it lacks the bleeding damage of the former.

EDIT: Fixed! Well, that was easy.

T5Bdp4W.jpg

• Like! 1

Flix, should the stun from Daze ( Firewall modification of sorcerres ) stun the bosses ? Cus ya know if I get higher I will be able to just spawn perma stun on them.

Also is there a way to scale the height of monsters up in the configs ? The current height its realy annoying because they are not higher then the grass.

Edited by AngelShade

Flix, should the stun from Daze ( Firewall modification of sorcerres ) stun the bosses ? Cus ya know if I get higher I will be able to just spawn perma stun on them.

Bosses should have a higher resist to stun. Is there any particular boss you're talking about? I can raise their stun resistance. Perma-stun isn't possible because after being stunned, an enemy has a 5 second immunity to stun. I'm going to change Fire Wall completely in the upcoming release anyway.

Also is there a way to scale the height of monsters up in the configs ? The current height its realy annoying because they are not higher then the grass.

Yes, it's quite easy. Every creature in creatures.txt has a modelscale factor line. What monsters are you talking about?

The devilkin and those alike + the boars, they are very small and annoying somethimes as I cannot understand what the hell is going on around me with those little creepers dancing and shooting me :)))

• Like! 1

Also flix is there any way to make the projectiles run faster ? as it is now the fireball looks like a slow ball to me , could be more faster then that.

And as I am playing sorceress theres something bugging me, and thats the intelligence, I do not think it gives enough damage , for a mage to do 300 damage at level 19 with fireball and 240 damage with the wand normal attack thats outrageous + the fire spells rely to much on dots and not direct damage, I realy believe it should have a direct impact first and then burn the foes, but thats just me.

Edited by AngelShade

Similar to vanilla Sacred 2, class specific modifiers on jewelry are missing for the Dragon Mage. So I went into the blueprint.txt and did some tinkering. These info could be helpful if/when you want to update this mod.

--------------------------------------

Regen Time decrease: Dragon Magic, Elemental Magic, Mentalism

Add (782,783,784,) to bonuslist of the following:

BGF_amulett_def_rare

+ to Aspects: Dragon Magic, Mentalism, Elemental Magic

Add (764,765,766,) to bonuslist of the following:

BGF_amulett_def_magic1

BGF_amulett_def_magic2

BGF_ring_off_rare

+ to various Dragon Mage's combat arts

Add (767,768,769,770,771,772,773,774,775,776,777,778,779,780,781,) to bonuslist of the following:

BGF_ring_off_rare

• Like! 1

Similar to vanilla Sacred 2, class specific modifiers on jewelry are missing for the Dragon Mage. So I went into the blueprint.txt and did some tinkering. These info could be helpful if/when you want to update this mod.

--------------------------------------

Regen Time decrease: Dragon Magic, Elemental Magic, Mentalism

Add (782,783,784,) to bonuslist of the following:

BGF_amulett_def_rare

+ to Aspects: Dragon Magic, Mentalism, Elemental Magic

Add (764,765,766,) to bonuslist of the following:

BGF_amulett_def_magic1

BGF_amulett_def_magic2

BGF_ring_off_rare

+ to various Dragon Mage's combat arts

Add (767,768,769,770,771,772,773,774,775,776,777,778,779,780,781,) to bonuslist of the following:

BGF_ring_off_rare

Ohhh, thank you +1,000,000! I've been dreading starting this task but now I've nothing left to do but start adding these bonuses. This is a big help thanks! It's nice to have something to copy-paste.

I'll have to add them to more than just jewelry, I imagine. I only did one other preliminary test but the Inquisitor's bonuses were showing up on all manner of armor while the Dragon Mage's were not. The DM's aspect bonuses are basically non-existent on random items.

• Like! 1

Alright it's done. All the DM bonuses are added to the items where they belong. The following bonuses will now appear on the random armor, weapons, and jewelry where they are supposed to, alongside the similar bonuses for the other 6 characters.

Regeneration Time: Primal Magic -X%

Regeneration Time: Elemental Magic -X%

Regeneration Time: Nature Summons -X%

Aspect: Primal Magic +X

Aspect: Elemental Magic +X

Aspect: Nature Summons +X

Primal Magic Lore + X

Elemental Magic Lore + X

Nature Summons Lore + X

Primal Magic Focus + X

Elemental Magic Focus + X

Nature Summons Focus + X

And also all 15 of the Druid's individual combat arts +X bonuses.

I'm moving this to the D2F thread since that's where these changes are being applied. Enhanced Spells is retired.

The devilkin and those alike + the boars, they are very small and annoying

Yeah... they're supposed to be. Anyway scaled up Devilkin look stupid.

fNEr3U9.jpg

Also flix is there any way to make the projectiles run faster ?

Not that I know of.

the fire spells rely to much on dots and not direct damage, I realy believe it should have a direct impact first and then burn the foes, but thats just me.

Well Fire Wall is replaced with Meteor in the next version so just cool your jets until it's released.

• 3 weeks later...

I just started a youtube playthrough with this mod. I decided to play as an Amazon. Haven't played the mod too much, and don't know all that much about the Amazon. Hoping my randomly selected build works lol. Here's a link to episode 1:

subscribed and liked

good job! Is that the Big Head mod ... never seen the cows in pasture with it

:lol:

gogo

• Like! 1

Subscribed and liked

good job! Is that the Big Head mod?

:)

gogo

Yep, I got the big head mod on. At this point, it's hard for me to remember exactly what mods I have. The big one is the use of the xpadder program, which lets me play the game with my xbox controller. It's pretty awesome to do it that way, really more immersive with good controls.

Subscribed and liked

good job! Is that the Big Head mod?

gogo

Yep, I got the big head mod on. At this point, it's hard for me to remember exactly what mods I have. The big one is the use of the xpadder program, which lets me play the game with my xbox controller. It's pretty awesome to do it that way, really more immersive with good controls.

What specific changes did you make to balance txt

gogo

What specific changes did you make to balance txt

gogo

I think the only thing I changed was quest xp and gold, which I cranked way, way up. When I switched over to the D2 mod, it swapped in a fresh balance.txt, so I didn't make much changes. My old one I changed a ton of things as an experiment because I was trying to see if I could get the game to let me over level 200. But I couldn't get it to. It was fun playing around with balance.txt, though.

• Like! 1

I just started a youtube playthrough with this mod. I decided to play as an Amazon. Haven't played the mod too much, and don't know all that much about the Amazon. Hoping my randomly selected build works lol. Here's a link to episode 1:

Whooaaaa super cool! Visual proof that someone else played this mod.

New version of the mod is dropping sometime in the next 24 hours if the gods will it. Amazon herself didn't get a ton of changes but the mod overall will be much improved.

I may try to get the new version going for my series, then. May take a bit to get it figured out and work through a couple backlog videos. I'm really enjoying the Druid and the Paladin, by the way. Only have em in the 20s, but I'm playing and playing.

Also, episode 1 of my classic Sacred 2 LP is almost at 3,000 views, so doing an LP of the mod will hopefully bring some exposure to an excellent mod.

It would be nice. I've done a crappy job at promoting the mod outside of this forum. I'm partly afraid of getting a "cease and desist" letter from Blizzard. They always seem to give modders sh*t about projects like this.

• Like! 1