[Dev] Diablo 2 Fallen mod for Sacred 2

Flix

• 4 weeks later...

Cancelled - I was two years late with my comment. LOL typical.

I have your mod running now Flix and it is an incredible amount of work. I was never a Diablo fanatic, but, from what I remember of it, the chars show up, much better here.

I'm very pleased you got it running. The challenge can be quite steep at times so feel free to stay in Easy difficulty until you get your bearings. I have just released a patch for the mod that fixes several aspects of combat so be sure to grab it HERE and patch the mod. :)

• Like! 1

Currently playing a Paladin, and just used the character editor to tweak her to use magic staffs. She is now a beast almost at a BFG level. When she gets Thorns at 75, I think she's going to be a world wrecker. Also playing a Necromancer at 50 with Iron Maiden and Skeletons, will add mages back in at 75. It's good, too. I am planning on trying a Barbarian with a 2 handed lightsaber.

• Like! 1

Currently playing a Paladin, and just used the character editor to tweak her to use magic staffs. She is now a beast almost at a BFG level. When she gets Thorns at 75, I think she's going to be a world wrecker. Also playing a Necromancer at 50 with Iron Maiden and Skeletons, will add mages back in at 75. It's good, too. I am planning on trying a Barbarian with a 2 handed lightsaber.

Cool. Though, as of Beta 7, the Paladin should be already able to learn the Magic Staffs skill.

Sacred 2 is a really great hack and slash with this mod and still one of the most beautiful with hight settings.However it still has it's inherent flaws :
- No random dungeon, no random affixes on monsters
- Melee targeting really bad : how many times my character is near an ennemy and instead of attacking it directly he walks around him to adjust his position, in the same time the ennemy also moves which maks both characters takes time to find the correct position where they can fight each other.Can't this be adjusted by increasing just a bit the range of melee attacks ?It seems so weird and clunky.I can't believe nobody mentionned it ?

Also now that I have a barbarian lv 200 (thanks Quest XP, otherwies it would have been such a time sink !), I can't fin anything more rewarding than farming Nameless guardians and Diablo (near teleport) in free world.Why would I spend time on any other monster?This makes endgame quite boring after a while = same monster in same position with nothing random exept the loot.

Edited by laharl9999
  • 1 month later...

I made some new icons for the character creation screen using more Diablo 2 art.

Choose Light Path...

UGVzxhD.png

...Or Shadow Path

X1if9UZ.png

Choose Easy or Normal Difficulty...

8Dkf0bf.png

...And activate Hardcore and Expert Touch modes if you like.

XslEy9O.png

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

And this is how Diablo 3 should have been like! Awesome work, dud!

I have but a question: does leveling up all those arts which only get regeneration time plus (like Curses or sumons) also improve them somehow apart from modification bonuses? As dark summoner I'm only rising Bone Spirit...

Thanks a lot. Welcome to the forums.

I'm not sure if you mean Combat Arts or Skills in your question. Leveling up summoning combat arts like Clay Golem directly increases the level of the golem. Summoned creatures' levels are linked to the level of the combat arts that summon them.

If you mean the aspect skill like Dark Summons Focus, you can see on the Golem's page how that skill affects it. Focus skills improve regeneration time and let you level up a combat art higher without getting a penalty (with a penalty the combat art only partially levels up). Lore skills improve combat art casting speed, damage, and usually other stuff like armor and hitpoints.

Probably the best thing would just be to look at the Necromancer page for any Combat Arts you're using and see what skills affect them.

• Like! 1

Already checked the wiki, but found no clue about this issue. I meant combat arts, and clay golem is indeed a good example. About summons is now clear: higher level, stronger fellow.

What about curses? Let's please take the case of Confuse: As I read, increasing it's level will only increase it's regeneration time... and that does not look like a good idea for a confuser, does it?

I am sorry I am not good at English...

There are English locale files in C:\xxxxx\Sacred2\MODS\Diablo 2 Fallen Beta 0.X\locale\en_UK
Copy all files to C:\xxxxx\Sacred2\locale\en_DE
Try this! (do not forget to backup original locale files)

• Like! 1

I am sorry I am not good at English...

There are English locale files in C:\xxxxx\Sacred2\MODS\Diablo 2 Fallen Beta 0.X\locale\en_UK

Copy all files to C:\xxxxx\Sacred2\locale\en_DE

Try this! (do not forget to backup original locale files)

He's right. Anyone who can read English but has a different language installed: you can copy the locale files from the mod into your language's locale directory. Just back up the original files first.

Is there any way to have a 100% stun immunity ?
It seems to be multiplicative instead of additive between gear and skills (aura).
Against the Nameless guardians I keep being stun by the guards even if I have the berserker aura that grants stun resistance.

I think stun works the same way as spell intensity/resistance, but im not sure, if so that means in case you have +100% Spell Resistance then your base value is doubled, for example from 400 to 800, but if a boss enemy has higher spell intensity value than your spell resistance then you wont block the spell and it will deal more damage the higher the difference between the values.

If I remember well I also was able to block the stun attack from Nameless with Chance to Block/Reflect: Combat Arts, cause the stamp its actually a CA, btw does Berserk really give stun resistance?, in the wiki the only who grants that effect is Natural Resistance

• Like! 1

Yeah I think he means Natural Resistance. It's the buff of the "Berserk Combat" aspect.

The problem is likely that the Temple Guardian mobs use Untouchable Force, which has a chance to stun. Even though the chance to stun is low and the damage pulses are only about once every 4 seconds, if you let yourself get surrounded by them, you will get stunned too often.

My strategy is this:

Destroy the teleporter pads that spawn the temple guardians.

Destroy all the remaining temple guardians.

Lastly, focus on the Nameless Guardians.

• Like! 1