[Dev] Diablo 2 Fallen mod for Sacred 2

Flix

Hello. I have a little problem. I reinstalled the windows on my computer. I ran the game win xp sp3 before the reinstalation, but when I launched with this settings the game today, it is lagging every 10 second. Do you have any Idea what should I do?

• 2 weeks later...

Same question.

The mod seems to be great, but I only want dryad hairstyles and sorc skin+hair for HE. And cursor. So I deleted most of files and installed this

with JSGME.

It works, but...

Seraphim partly lost her legs -

And this happens if I use default pelvis/torso from the mod -

High Elve's arms are default (pale with tattoo), can't find "a_helve-cuffs01_d.tga", and there is no cuffs in graphics15.zip\mq\maps\heroes\highelve\default, so I made my own ugly texture.

Using mods:
Community Patch v.0150
Elite Mounts v1.10b
Wardust's Serious Textures CM 1.50 (besides playable character's textures)
(seraphim's red eyes/black lips is just my another ugly texture. problem does not disappear if I delete it)

Client language is russian. :sob:

Sorry if my english makes your eyes bleed. Can you help me and save my seraphim please? Or just upload character skins separately.

UPD: Seraphim's problem almost solved

just deleted this from itemtype.txt:

newItemType = {
-- standard info
renderfamily = "RENDERFAM_ARMOR",
family = "FAMILY_ARMOR",
subfamily = "SUBFAM_ARMOR_BELT",
classification = "CLF_BELT_PADDED",
flags = "FLAG_EQUIPCUT + FLAG_BLACKBACK",
weargroup = "WEARGROUP_INVALID",
-- 3d model + animation info
model0Data = {
name = "models/heroes/seraphim/default/c_sera-default-pelvis.GR2",
user = "WEARGROUP_SERAPHIM",
},
-- logic bounding box
logicBox = {
minx=-7.403, miny=-6.491, minz=35.115,
maxx=7.386, maxy=5.183, maxz=46.244,
},
dangerclass = 0,
}

mgr.typeCreate(4359, newItemType);

, but now she wears her underpants instead of standard skirt =/

Edited by whiskey93

You'll have to forgive me, I can't really support all the various customizations players might want to make to the mod. As I think you've already discovered, undoing even seemingly simple parts of the mod is more complicated than just deleting a few files. You're probably going to wreck your game if you start cutting out parts of scripts.

• Like! 1

First of all,hello.

ARPG fan almost my entire life. Played it all,literally.

I have to admit though,I feel ASHAMED that I found this mod only 3 days ago. Good thing I decided to replay this game and was a bit loss after all this time and decided to see what's new. And I ended up in this forum and found this mod...

Flix,and everyone that was responsible for this mod ill drink a beer in your name when I get out tonight. Excellent work on this mod,it makes the game somehow feel complete now. So much new stuff and on top of it its from my all time favorite ARPG game D2. From now on ill spend allot of time in these forums and the wiki to learn as much as possible.

Thanks again,playing a barbarian atm and I have a blast,it just FEELS powerful. And the world and new monsters/bosses,make the game so much more fun to explore. And even the side quests ain't boring since I never know what I might find.

Welcome to DarkMatters. Thanks a lot for the kind words. I hope you enjoy the mod. I'm currently building the next version due to be released sometime this month.

Got one question for now though. I noticed you recommend people to make new chars when a new beta build is released. My question is,why exactly,I mean obviously its a better way to experience the new build,but is there stuff that older character can't access like class changes etc.? or I can just go and replay the difficulty or just find the "new" quest for example.

The reason for that recommendation is simple: I've noticed very strange behavior with combat arts becoming bugged when vanilla characters are loaded under the mod. Things like combos disappearing from the interface, and the combo icons reappearing in the Divine Gift slot, rendering it unusable. I don't know why this happens but it's never occurred when making fresh characters under the mod, so I consider that the safe way to play.

EDIT: I suggest you to bring the mod to the Nexus mods and Moddb. There is a whole lot of people that need to know about this.

I'll probably add it to the NexusMods network after this next release. I'm not sure why I've hesitated. Maybe I was just waiting until the mod was finished, maybe I'm afraid of how protective and litigious Blizzard is about their copyrights and intellectual property.

I'm still ticked off at ModDB for rejecting my other Sacred 2 mod, Enhanced Spells, without giving me any explanation or recourse. Just an automated email. I don't know if it violated some major rule or if my banner image was 1 pixel too small, who knows?

First of all,hello.

ARPG fan almost my entire life. Played it all,literally.

I have to admit though,I feel ASHAMED that I found this mod only 3 days ago. Good thing I decided to replay this game and was a bit loss after all this time and decided to see what's new. And I ended up in this forum and found this mod...

Flix,and everyone that was responsible for this mod ill drink a beer in your name when I get out tonight. Excellent work on this mod,it makes the game somehow feel complete now. So much new stuff and on top of it its from my all time favorite ARPG game D2. From now on ill spend allot of time in these forums and the wiki to learn as much as possible.

Thanks again,playing a barbarian atm and I have a blast,it just FEELS powerful. And the world and new monsters/bosses,make the game so much more fun to explore. And even the side quests ain't boring since I never know what I might find.

Got one question for now though. I noticed you recommend people to make new chars when a new beta build is released. My question is,why exactly,I mean obviously its a better way to experience the new build,but is there stuff that older character can't access like class changes etc.? or I can just go and replay the difficulty or just find the "new" quest for example.

EDIT: I suggest you to bring the mod to the Nexus mods and Moddb. There is a whole lot of people that need to know about this.

I'm here to also give you a hearty welcome to DarkMatters, Sikkens!

What a warm and very lovely intro and thanks to the creators of the mods you've put up!

:)

gogo

• Like! 1

Thanks for the reply,however about the new character question,what I meant is uploading a Mod character from beta 8 to beta 9,not from the vanilla game to the mod.

Upgrading from 8 to 9 should be fine. Prior to version 8, I replaced many combat arts, including some buffs (for example Sanctuary became Blessed Hammer). I didn't want non-buffs to get stuck in buff slots, hence the warning.

Thanks for the reply,however about the new character question,what I meant is uploading a Mod character from beta 8 to beta 9,not from the vanilla game to the mod.

Upgrading from 8 to 9 should be fine. Prior to version 8, I replaced many combat arts, including some buffs (for example Sanctuary became Blessed Hammer). I didn't want non-buffs to get stuck in buff slots, hence the warning.

Thanks for the answer!

As well as for the welcome gogo :).

Kind of offtopic but ill refrain from making a new thread about this one question. So I picked the barbarian,and got sword weapons to mastery level. So my question is about the double hit. Im pretty sure this works only for Left click,but according to the wiki,(if im not mistaken)you basically deal 2x damages with one swing. Problem is,I don't see these 2 damages,however I have the feeling that this double hit just increases the change for the special followup to the basic attack,that is executed very fast after a specific animation. In short is the double hit essentially the same thing everyone start with (fast followup attack) with increased change or im missing something? Thanks.

EDIT: Also if what I wrote is in fact what double hit means,then "If a double hit occurs & the second/cloned hit takes the target's HP down below the threshold for Deathblow, the second/cloned hit won't have it's damage doubled by Deathblow."(WIKI quote) doesn't seem to be the case,it seems that this second swing still deals bonus damage.

Or maybe im misunderstanding something big time.

Im using 2-handed sword.

Edited by Sikkens
  • Like! 1

Small bug report for Beta 8.

A friend and I were enjoying the mod as a Druid and Paladin. However, whenever the Druid would come within range of my Paladin, he would receive a buff that made all his stats ridiculously high. 1500% attack speed, move speed, etc. I'm not sure if it was fanaticism buff or what, but we were relatively early in the game < lv. 10. Transitioning areas would not fix the issue, but relogging did. At least, until the druid came back within proximity of my paladin.

Other than that, we did not do any thorough testing.

Thank you for all the time and effort you have put into this mod!

Hello, thanks for trying the mod.

There is a document included with the mod called, "Note About Party Buffs." It's also linked in the first post of the development thread under D2F Strategies and Tips. I'll try to think of way to make it more prominent.

In short, this bug isn't caused by the mod, it's been with Sacred 2 all along. It's just more likely to be noticed now with all the party buffs that are part of the mod. The solution is always wait until your party is assembled to cast the buff. If you're going to separate and then regroup later, you have to disable the buff before your team mate rejoins you, then recast it once you've met up.

• Like! 1

Small bug report for Beta 8.

A friend and I were enjoying the mod as a Druid and Paladin. However, whenever the Druid would come within range of my Paladin, he would receive a buff that made all his stats ridiculously high. 1500% attack speed, move speed, etc. I'm not sure if it was fanaticism buff or what, but we were relatively early in the game < lv. 10. Transitioning areas would not fix the issue, but relogging did. At least, until the druid came back within proximity of my paladin.

Other than that, we did not do any thorough testing.

Thank you for all the time and effort you have put into this mod!

And a big and hearty welcome to DarkMatters Rhodes! Great having you here on the boards and enjoying Flix's wild Diablo Mod!

:)

gogo

• Like! 1