[Dev] Diablo 2 Fallen mod for Sacred 2

Flix

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! Thank you for an amazing mod!

Does anyone have an issue with s2gs.exe crash after installing the mod?

After some research I've figured out that it is caused by scripts\server\weaponpool.txt

Without this file everything works fine for me. I'm using pirated GOG 2.65.1 version with CM-patch.

Also, Fire blast always seems to fly at random location. Is it how it is supposed to work?

s2err.jpg

• Like! 1

Hello, thanks for trying the mod. I'll re-check weaponpool.txt. I don't recommend playing without the script, as tons of monsters and bosses will be missing their weapons.

Also, buy the dang game. It could well be that there's just something wonky in whatever files you downloaded. I also use GOG and the mod is built from that version.

• Like! 1

Hi! Thank you for an amazing mod!

Does anyone have an issue with s2gs.exe crash after installing the mod?

After some research I've figured out that it is caused by scripts\server\weaponpool.txt

Without this file everything works fine for me.

Also, Fire blast always seems to fly at random location. Is it how it is supposed to work?

s2err.jpg

Hi Helloworld, and welcome to DarkMatters!

As Flix posted, we have to be careful about discussing pirated ware, as our TOS strictly forbids it ... I've edited some of your post just to keep to our rules.

Enjoy the mod!

:)

gogo

>"2.65.1 version"

2.65.2 is the version one should use. It's possible, that some script content is not compatible with 2.65.1. Address 0x00355534 should not even be accessible from the game process, since it's code offset is 0x00400000.

GOG distribution displays as version 2.65.1, strangely. Actually I don't think there's any script changes since 2.65.2 only changed the chatbox behavior. The mod is built from GOG's version.

Users report that trying to apply official patch 2.65.2 to GOG's version results in a "wrong game version" error. I never checked chatbox behavior to see if perhaps the fix is applied to the GOG version and only the displayed version is wrong. I don't even know HOW to check that.

Thank you for your support!

Just bought the game at gog.com and it also crashes the same way.

It's ver. 2.65.1 and has no drm. Sacred2.exe is 2 824 328 bytes.

The problem seems to be at line 5392 of weaponpool.txt here:

mgr.addWeaponPool { -- NPC_flame_staff
	dbid = 1220,
	prefDmg = 1,
	prefDmgProb = 0,
	content = {4278,},
	contentProb = {1,1,},
}

when I delete this single element everything works perfectly.

• Like! 1

Try deleting the extra "1," in the contentprob line. So the entry looks like:

mgr.addWeaponPool { -- NPC_flame_staff
	dbid = 1220,
	prefDmg = 1,
	prefDmgProb = 0,
	content = {4278,},
	contentProb = {1,},
}

That extra 1 shouldn't really be there, but on checking older versions, it looks like it's always been there. I've never had a crash before.

• Like! 1

Try deleting the extra "1," in the contentprob line.

It works! What does this string mean?

It works with "content" to determine the probability of the particular weapon being used. You can put multiple items into a weaponpool entry, and the game will randomly select one to be used.

For each item in "content" you need a corresponding contentprob value. If the numbers are equal, then they have the same chance of spawning. On the other hand, for something like this:

content = {40,2044,},

contentProb = {8,2,},

The item "40" has a much better probability of being used than "2044".

I probably originally scripted two items to be used for NPC_flame_staff, then reduced it to one and forgot to remove the extra probability value. What's strange is that it's never crashed on me, and no one ever reported a problem before.

• Like! 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Possible bug with Private Rinarn.

Just tried to do the pirate quest.

Picked Private Rinarn to be a bow user as normal. He now just runs around, ignores mods and won't attack anything even if attacked. 

Restarted quest with him as a sword user. He now attacks mobs if either you or him is attacked.

Don't know if this is a generic bug from the Community Patch or one caused by your mod or even if one of my running mods is messing with him, but thought to mention it.

Edited by Tigerbiten
7 minutes ago, Tigerbiten said:

Possible bug with Private Rinarn.

Just tried to do the pirate quest.

Picked Private Rinarn to be a bow user as normal. He now just runs around, ignores mods and won't attack anything even if attacked. 

Restarted quest with him as a sword user. He now attacks mobs if either you or him is attacked.

Don't know if this is a generic bug from the Community Patch or one caused by your mod or even if one of my running mods is messing with him, but thought to mention it.

Ok, thanks.  I edited hireling behavior in the last version, in order to make summoned minions have better AI.  It may have broken something with quest NPC's.  I'll check and see.

8 hours ago, Flix said:

Found a nice video someone put up on Youtube about D2F.  I think he's running Beta 8.

wow, flix, this is awesome!! Just saw the entire video... it completely brings your mod to life... love seeing that flamethrower in action!

gogo

• Like! 1

Hi, I just want to thank you for this great mod, it really enhance sacred 2 specially in the aspect of minions, I'm enjoying a lot this last aspect. Can I request you something? The Hurricane CA of the druid whenever I cast it, it cause a big FPS drop when I activate it. I think that is because spawn too much particles.

Edited by Chofranc
  • Like! 1
29 minutes ago, Chofranc said:

Hi, I just want to thank you for this great mod, it really enhance sacred 2 specially in the aspect of minions, I'm enjoying a lot this last aspect. Can I request you something? The Hurricane CA of the druid whenever I cast it, it cause a big FPS drop when I activate it. I think that is because spawn too much particles.

Hello!  Thanks for trying the mod.  I see that Hurricane causes low FPS.  I'm not sure how to fix it.

• 1 month later...

I need help. I tried following the instructions for using the Mod. I verified the files. There are no other mods installed, but After I installed the Mod through GME. My game is still sacred 2. I do have the Community Patch which is required. And I am using Windows 10, not sure how much that effects it. But, only other thing I can try is maybe re-installing Sacred 2. 

thats a nice  mode, playing necro and enjoying it! thanks for great work, man!

I have a few questions

• is it possible to use DF2 mod with 1.6 patch? it has somenice features like extended pick up range and runes/potions stacking. Actually I've tried it, but it feels broken. For example all projectiles dont look like they should
  • Necro's Revive skill sometimes (quite ofte actually) don't trigger  when you use it and cause char to stuck in place for few secs. I think it happens when you point mouse on living enemy of when there is no bodies around. I use quick cast option, so probably it cause problems as well. So may be it possible to tune the skill so it didn't check where the mouse cursor points and just searched for bodies around?
On 9/16/2017 at 6:28 PM, Chofranc said:

And a warm welcome to DarkMatters, Chofranc, delighted to see you're enjoying Flix's mod!

gogo

On 10/17/2017 at 6:36 PM, MisterB1969 said:

I need help. I tried following the instructions for using the Mod. I verified the files. There are no other mods installed, but After I installed the Mod through GME. My game is still sacred 2. I do have the Community Patch which is required. And I am using Windows 10, not sure how much that effects it. But, only other thing I can try is maybe re-installing Sacred 2. 

45 minutes ago, deogo said:

thats a nice  mode, playing necro and enjoying it! thanks for great work, man!

I have a few questions

• is it possible to use DF2 mod with 1.6 patch? it has somenice features like extended pick up range and runes/potions stacking. Actually I've tried it, but it feels broken. For example all projectiles dont look like they should
  • Necro's Revive skill sometimes (quite ofte actually) don't trigger  when you use it and cause char to stuck in place for few secs. I think it happens when you point mouse on living enemy of when there is no bodies around. I use quick cast option, so probably it cause problems as well. So may be it possible to tune the skill so it didn't check where the mouse cursor points and just searched for bodies around?

Welcome to DarkMatters ahd the Diablo 2 The Fallen MOd , deogo and MisterB1969!

last Sacred 2 hold out in the universe ^^

:cool:

gogo