[Dev] Diablo 2 Fallen mod for Sacred 2

Flix

On 10/13/2018 at 3:18 PM, nonameisme said:

I can see Sublime Combat Focus for the Paladin but not Sublime Combat Lore. The other 2 have Focus/Lore. What am I missing?

Great seeing that you've loving Flix's mod, nonameisme...

and a hearty welcome to DarkMatters!!

:)

gogo

I never really got to finish Diablo 2; I left it over at a girlfriend's house years ago, and didn't want to pick it up after I broke up with her. I didn't get too far; I was looking for like a staff, a gemstone, and...something else I think. I can't remember much about the game, but if it's as awesome as this mod, maybe I'll pick it up from the Blizzard store. 

Hey Flix!

just wanted to say what a great mod ! its alot of fun :D

Anyway I think I have a litle issue , that I cant resolve, some of itens I have dont have any texture, like invisible.

But everythings its working alright, music, quest, monsters and so on..

Maybe did I forgot to install anything else ?

Thanks once again for the mod :D

5 hours ago, Saur said:

Hey Flix!

just wanted to say what a great mod ! its alot of fun :D

Anyway I think I have a litle issue , that I cant resolve, some of itens I have dont have any texture, like invisible.

But everythings its working alright, music, quest, monsters and so on..

Maybe did I forgot to install anything else ?

Thanks once again for the mod :D

Do you have Community Patch 1.60 installed?  The link is in my signature.  What items are messed up?  Can you take any screenshots.  Thanks for trying the mod!

54 minutes ago, Flix said:

Do you have Community Patch 1.60 installed?  The link is in my signature.  What items are messed up?  Can you take any screenshots.  Thanks for trying the mod!

Ty for reply

have installed, maybe I need re install it again

For exemple, the arbiter; Icing death and vritra tenacity

pic:80tn2K7.jpg

Ohh, I see.  You have missing icons. 

Do you have any other mods installed at all?  There should really be nothing else installed but CM Patch 1.60 and D2F.  Those items you listed were added in the CM Patch but not changed or overwritten in D2F, so it makes me think the patch is not fully installed.

10 hours ago, Flix said:

Ohh, I see.  You have missing icons. 

Do you have any other mods installed at all?  There should really be nothing else installed but CM Patch 1.60 and D2F.  Those items you listed were added in the CM Patch but not changed or overwritten in D2F, so it makes me think the patch is not fully installed.

Looks like it was that.

I re instaled the base game then cm patch and it fixed the problems.

Thanks a lot of the help! I wil back exploring your gem :D

7 minutes ago, Saur said:

Looks like it was that.

I re instaled the base game then cm patch and it fixed the problems.

Thanks a lot of the help! I wil back exploring your gem :D

I'm happy you're so delighted wth Flix's mod, Saur...

and a hearty welcome to DarkMatters to you !

:)

gogo

Is there a a cap on attack speed ?
Also I keep farming the Nameless guardians in free world, it's the best place but how can I be immune from stun? I keep stacking chance to reflect stun but it has diminishing returns, does anyone have a strategy to avoid it ?
Is there a better place to farm Kanka relic set ?
Thanks

Edited by laharl9999

Sorry for posting this but I need bit of  help.

What do I need to defeat Shelob ( spider boss) ? she just 1 hit me when she cast web attack ( im lv 49  druid  , normal difficultie, :( )

Any tips are appreciate

11 hours ago, laharl9999 said:

Is there a a cap on attack speed ?
Also I keep farming the Nameless guardians in free world, it's the best place but how can I be immune from stun? I keep stacking chance to reflect stun but it has diminishing returns, does anyone have a strategy to avoid it ?
Is there a better place to farm Kanka relic set ?
Thanks

Options against Stun are pretty limited.  You have the item modifiers - Block Chance: Stun and Chance to Reflect: Stun. 

Aside from items, the Barbarian, Amazon, and Paladin have skills that can block or reflect Stun.  Divine Gift Salvation can reflect it as well. 

Since the Nameless Guardians' stun nova is a spell, anything that blocks or reflects spells will help as well.  That includes Divine Gift Redemption that banishes enemy spells.

3 hours ago, Saur said:

Sorry for posting this but I need bit of  help.

What do I need to defeat Shelob ( spider boss) ? she just 1 hit me when she cast web attack ( im lv 49  druid  , normal difficultie, :( )

Any tips are appreciate

Hard to say. Can you post your build?  What skills, gear, combat arts and modifications are you using?

The web attack itself doesn't do any damage.  Could be her "Frosty Lair" debuffing spell, or maybe even one of her summoned spiders (these things can be very deadly).  I would focus on crowd control and eliminating her summons as fast as I can.

On 10/21/2018 at 8:02 PM, Flix said:

Hard to say. Can you post your build?  What skills, gear, combat arts and modifications are you using?

The web attack itself doesn't do any damage.  Could be her "Frosty Lair" debuffing spell, or maybe even one of her summoned spiders (these things can be very deadly).  I would focus on crowd control and eliminating her summons as fast as I can.

Srry for late response.

im mostly use dire wolfs+Heart of Wolverine ( trying to be pure summoning build) I will post pics later.

I skipped her and continue my journey ..later I face banshee boss and I get insta deleted for some reason. 

So I did check the wiki, and both of bosses ( the spider and banshee) uses ring of ice skill, and that´s the thing that kill me in a sec.

Is my problem  having low our non existence of cold resistance ? 

6 hours ago, nonameisme said:

Is this a bug? I cannot use the Amazon weapon.

amazon.png

It has the prefix "Amazon's" because of the bonus to the Huntress Talents aspect.

It's a bug insofar as Energy Weapons shouldn't be getting bonuses to Amazon aspects, because Amazons can't use those weapons.

I will need to review the bonuses that can spawn on Energy Weapons.  Should be fixed in next release.

Thanks for the report!  Any other weird stuff like that, let me know.

• Like! 1
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Here's a couple random things that were bugging me.  I've been meaning to fix these for a while.

Draconic Dragonfly / Dracolin swap

These two were obviously meant to be the opposite expansion areas than where they appear in the vanilla game.  When you see them swapped below there's no denying it, one with the demonic red eyes, and the other one icy white.

TgQKp8dm.jpg   Zxa7RDdm.jpg

Smaller hitboxes for small enemies

People have complained for a while how gigantic the hitboxes for Small Dragons are, making it really hard to move around them in the Dragon Caves.  Along the way I tackled some other enemy hitboxes, like Bats, Rats, and Thorned Hulks (Ents).

Before: 4ZxGPp0m.jpg   After: RznouUjm.jpg

Rats after:  QMpqz4nm.jpg

Thraconian Beards

First of all, they're now called "Barbarians" in the mod in order to integrate the D2 lore (yes the playable Barbarian is one of their rank).  Second, the beards now match their hair colors.  I always loved the randomized beards and facial hair for these enemies, but hated how they might get black, red, or silver beards randomly, even when it didn't match their hair & beard textures.  Now they're still randomized, but the colors will match.

Before:  Bc5SwgGm.jpg   After:  hXFgmUhm.jpg

5 hours ago, Flix said:

Here's a couple random things that were bugging me.  I've been meaning to fix these for a while.

These two were obviously meant to be the opposite expansion areas than where they appear in the vanilla game.  When you see them swapped below there's no denying it, one with the demonic red eyes, and the other one icy white.

People have complained for a while how gigantic the hitboxes for Small Dragons are, making it really hard to move around them in the Dragon Caves.  Along the way I tackled some other enemy hitboxes, like Bats, Rats, and Thorned Hulks (Ents).

Thraconian Beards

First of all, they're now called "Barbarians" in the mod in order to integrate the D2 lore (yes the playable Barbarian is one of their rank).  Second, the beards now match their hair colors.  I always loved the randomized beards and facial hair for these enemies, but hated how they might get black, red, or silver beards randomly, even when it didn't match their hair & beard textures.  Now they're still randomized, but the colors will match.

Lol I think the coolest thing here is your work in the beards .. a small detail but it’s on all those enemies and will have a subtle but deep impact. Very appreciated!

😀

gogo

• Thanks! 1
5 hours ago, Flix said:

Thraconian Beards

Lol I think the coolest thing here is your work in the beards .. a small detail but it’s on all those enemies and will have a subtle but deep impact. Very appreciated!

😀

gogo

• 1 month later...

I had intended to release v12 tomorrow, but since I was ahead of schedule, I got bold and decided to start recreating as many classic quests from D1 and D2 that I could, and that has put me behind again.  Everything else is going according to plan though.  Since I intend for this to be the final release and the mod will be "feature-complete" at last, I see no reason to rush it. 

Barring any unforeseen circumstances, I expect v13 will release by October 1st.

Some other quest-related and misc changes added:

•  Added D2 voices for all characters when accepting new quests.
  •  "The Forgotten Tower" quest: Moldy Tome's monologue now has audio restored.  The audio broke after the upgrade to CM 1.60 and I could never figure out why until recently.
  •  Crushing Blow (8% hp reduction) gains the effect of Shattering Blow (20% hp reduction) and replaces the latter in all instances (spells, items, enemies).  In other words, the vanilla modifier "Deadly Wounds" is now called Crushing Blow, and the weaker "Deep Wounds" is removed completely.
  •  Walk speed (not run speed) for all special mounts is increased ~3x.  Sometimes just for immersion it's nice to slow down and walk (not plod).
  •  Lumberjack Camp in starting area no longer labeled as "Brigand Camp."  Just a strange little bug that's always irritated me.
  • Respect! 1