[Dev] Diablo 2 Fallen mod for Sacred 2

Flix

Ok, Prison of Ice was a success.  This quest will completely replace "On the Trail" in the Crystal Plane. 

XPAnmFs.jpg

Frozenstein is moved from his old spot on Christmas Island to be part of the quest and he's elevated to boss status.  So it will be dual-boss battle with him and The Guardian, plus three other Yeti champions to complete the mob.  However the Guardian will not use Expulse Magic anymore, since Frozenstein already has an aura that will disrupt your CA regeneration.

RBk9ikS.jpg

Here's another small detail from D2 that I wanted to include: Baal's clone is now mostly indistinguishable from the real one, save that the clone's name is shifted slightly to the right compared to the real Baal.  The clone also uses fewer spells and has less health, but this is a neat trick to tell them apart at a glance.

E04X5yI.gif

5 hours ago, Flix said:

Ok, Prison of Ice was a success.  This quest will completely replace "On the Trail" in the Crystal Plane. 

XPAnmFs.jpg

Frozenstein is moved from his old spot on Christmas Island to be part of the quest and he's elevated to boss status.  So it will be dual-boss battle with him and The Guardian, plus three other Yeti champions to complete the mob.  However the Guardian will not use Expulse Magic anymore, since Frozenstein already has an aura that will disrupt your CA regeneration.

RBk9ikS.jpg

Here's another small detail from D2 that I wanted to include: Baal's clone is now mostly indistinguishable from the real one, save that the clone's name is shifted slightly to the right compared to the real Baal.  The clone also uses fewer spells and has less health, but this is a neat trick to tell them apart at a glance.

E04X5yI.gif

This awesome... FrozenStein!!

The humorous spirit of Sacred combined with that Diablo 2 touch

:thumbsup:

gogo

I got a problem where the ability text's are the ones from the original game. Did I miss something on the installation or?

And also I dont see any difference from after the installation of the 3 font "packs".

If I did something wrong tell me please. :)

2 hours ago, Wordel said:

I got a problem where the ability text's are the ones from the original game. Did I miss something on the installation or?

And also I dont see any difference from after the installation of the 3 font "packs".

If I did something wrong tell me please. :)

Hello and thanks for trying the mod!  What language is your game?

• Like! 1
8 hours ago, Flix said:

Hello and thanks for trying the mod!  What language is your game?

My original game was in german, but when I installed the mod I thought I picked german. Now its in english. Is that the problem?

The CM-Patch supports German, the D2F Mod doesn't. In your Sacred2 folder should be a folder labeled locale. If first installed the CM-patch and then the D2F mod this folder should have 3 subfolders, for german, english amd french. Go to the german folder and rename the global.res to global-de.res or something like this. If you want the game totally in english you should now copy the global.res from the english subfolder to the german subfolder.

• Thanks! 1

Hey, it´s me again :)

I have problem with the summoners, the pets or the summoned seraphim are frozen. So if the enemy comes near them, they focus where the enemy is, but they cant attack or get attacked by the enemy.

The mod is amazing I really enjoy it, but I have one question about the rework of the high elb: you managed to give the option to play her as a weapon user , bow for example, but she hasnt got a combat art for weapon styles, doesnt she? I think that would suit her really nice, becaue at the moment I play her with left click only and teleport.

Are you still developing the mod?

Thanks

13 hours ago, Wordel said:

My original game was in german, but when I installed the mod I thought I picked german. Now its in english. Is that the problem?

Okay I fixed it by patching the original game to english. ^^ my bad

Im playin a necromancer now but got 1 problem: my skeletal mages do no dmg at all. My golem and melee skeletons do.

If this is a bug or theres a way to fix it lemme now.

Anyways a lot of thanks to the dev for this awesome mod.

6 hours ago, Headspin said:

Hey, it´s me again :)

I have problem with the summoners, the pets or the summoned seraphim are frozen. So if the enemy comes near them, they focus where the enemy is, but they cant attack or get attacked by the enemy.

The mod is amazing I really enjoy it, but I have one question about the rework of the high elb: you managed to give the option to play her as a weapon user , bow for example, but she hasnt got a combat art for weapon styles, doesnt she? I think that would suit her really nice, becaue at the moment I play her with left click only and teleport.

Are you still developing the mod?

Thanks

Hello again!  The Sorceress can use the temporary buff called "Enchant" to empower her left-click weapon attacks.  You can read more details about it here.  It will be even more powerful in the next release, lasting longer and providing an additional weapon damage % boost.

I don't know what could be wrong with your summons.  Can you tell me exactly which character and summoning spell you are using?

20 minutes ago, Wordel said:

Okay I fixed it by patching the original game to english. ^^ my bad

Im playin a necromancer now but got 1 problem: my skeletal mages do no dmg at all. My golem and melee skeletons do.

If this is a bug or theres a way to fix it lemme now.

Anyways a lot of thanks to the dev for this awesome mod.

I'm glad that switching the language worked for you.  Can you tell me if the Skeletal Mages are casting spells at all?  Their Fireball should be a homing spell, and they should also cast Poison Root, Lightning Cone, and Frost Bolt, which are all instant-hit.  Try summoning them and using CTRL+Left Click to force them to attack an enemy.

• Like! 1
9 hours ago, Flix said:

Hello again!  The Sorceress can use the temporary buff called "Enchant" to empower her left-click weapon attacks.  You can read more details about it here.  It will be even more powerful in the next release, lasting longer and providing an additional weapon damage % boost.

I don't know what could be wrong with your summons.  Can you tell me exactly which character and summoning spell you are using?

I'm glad that switching the language worked for you.  Can you tell me if the Skeletal Mages are casting spells at all?  Their Fireball should be a homing spell, and they should also cast Poison Root, Lightning Cone, and Frost Bolt, which are all instant-hit.  Try summoning them and using CTRL+Left Click to force them to attack an enemy.

They cast every spell you named but it just does do any dmg. And CTRL + Left is for my auto attack but doesnt force my pets to attack the enemy.

Hey, I know she has the "Enchant" spellm, thats the reason I wanted to play her as a weapon user. I only miss a combat art, where she uses her weapon - like in the original game her "Magic Coup" or sth. like this, but its not a big deal - still awesome ;)

The Summons I Have Problem with :

Necromancer :"Clay Golem" , "Raise Skeleton" and "Skeletal Mage". Only the "Skeletal Mage" is attacking, not moving either as the other two, but for now it can attack.

Druid: "Dire Wolf" and "Grizzly"

Amazon: "Valkyrie"

For some reason the "Shadow Master"-summoned by the assassin works fine - so it moves, attacks and use spells. From the above mentioned  summons only the "Skeletal Mage" attacks, but it dont move, so I need to walk long enugh, till it spawns nearby.

I hope im understandable ^^

Greetings

• Like! 1

If there are any problems with summons they should be fixed in v12.  Though I didn't change anything, I've been playing with them quite a bit and can't find any flaws.

Everything is on schedule to release v12 this weekend.  The French translation is done.  All that remains is to pack all the loose mod files and do one final run of testing with the finished product.

• Thanks! 1
  • 4 weeks later...

great stuff but I cant get it to work or find solutions

fireball2 crashes all the time.

I renamed it to x_gen bla bla

cant find projectile system manager.cpp files of any kind for that matter

does this not work with I&B?

ty

I already answered you in your other topic you opened.  You need to double check that you have the Community Patch installed on your game.  That's the source of the errors.  Renaming files is not going to fix anything.

yes thanks for following up

since this is the large thread ill restate here

1.6 errored out saying fallen angel not found

I have s2gold

the 2.6 version of CM worked in installing the mod, the game loads, starts, cant level past 2 without one of 3 errors involving missiles and a particlesysmgr.cpp

I cannot find any info regarding a .cpp

I copied all the missiles from the sacred2 folder scripts and copied into MODS/fallen....scripts  that didnt work either

im at a loss

ty

It ended up being used for the Paladin NPC's only, sorry.  We didn't make it drop because it's one giant armor suit and not broken up into individual pieces.

• Like! 1
3 hours ago, nonameisme said:

Hey. Thanks for the mod and the continuous update.

Can you take a look at Paladin's Charge ability? Whenever I use it she just starts walking slow and does nothing to the enemies.

Are you holding the LMB down so the Charge stays active?  If you let go the Charge will end - you have to stay in motion.  If you have the yellow starburst shape in front of the Paladin it should be active.

• Thanks! 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Can someone help me? I've the spells from my game in spanish, I think That's the reason by which The texts of my spells don't change, is that correct? So I dont have a spell description because all of them are in spanish, If I try to change the lenguage from spanish to english that could fix?

Hello and thanks for trying the mod!  Only English and French are officially supported.   I'm not sure if changing the language to English will help.  You could try that, or also try copying the files within the mod's locale/en_UK folder into your game's locale/es_ES folder.  This would transform most words into English, however there may still be a few in Spanish.