[Dev] Diablo 2 Fallen mod for Sacred 2

Flix

Hi , thanks for that great Mod, I have fun , btw the Questmarkers for new Quests (like Den of Evil or Chamber of Bone) are way off, pointing on places on the Overworld were the position is on the Underworld - and not to the real entrance . Still ok if intentional (you have to search for the treasure)

Actual System : Debian Buster ( PlayonLinux with wine 4.5)

Charakter : Paladin with Holy Bolt, so that Chamber of Bone was a perfect playground for her :-)

• Like! 1
4 hours ago, StarFury76 said:

Hi , thanks for that great Mod, I have fun , btw the Questmarkers for new Quests (like Den of Evil or Chamber of Bone) are way off, pointing on places on the Overworld were the position is on the Underworld - and not to the real entrance . Still ok if intentional (you have to search for the treasure)

Actual System : Debian Buster ( PlayonLinux with wine 4.5)

Charakter : Paladin with Holy Bolt, so that Chamber of Bone was a perfect playground for her :-)

Thanks for trying the mod and writing back!

My new quests are simple scripts, that lack the ability to put the quest marker at the dungeon entrance. Instead, the markers show the coordinates of the final quest target.  I think it is ok, because it makes the player search, as you said.

There are some vanilla quests that behave the same way, like the Harpy Queen quest in Bengaresh.

• Like! 1

Can someone help me? I've the spells from my game in spanish, I think That's the reason by which The texts of my spells don't change, is that correct? So I dont have a spell description because all of them are in spanish, If I try to change the lenguage from spanish to english that could fix?

52 minutes ago, Czarnickolai said:

Can someone help me? I've the spells from my game in spanish, I think That's the reason by which The texts of my spells don't change, is that correct? So I dont have a spell description because all of them are in spanish, If I try to change the lenguage from spanish to english that could fix?

I have replied to your question in this post: 

• Like! 1

Hm Shamans ressurecting Shamans = Danger ahead. Looks like ressurected Minions are buffed with Speed or something like that ;-) Thanks they are instagibbed if the Shaman is killed ...:evil:Some Monsters like Bowmen are quiet dangerous too if ressurected , looks like Arrows are buffed comapred to vanilla Sacred 2)

• Like! 1

I'm preparing a small update for version 13 called 13b Hotfix.  It should be released tonight, barring any complications during final testing.  I will update the main download file but also release the hotfix as a stand alone download for people with low bandwidth.

This is the change log:

General:

• Minor tweaks to tooltip grammar and formatting.
  • Formatted some scripts in anticipation of compatibility with the Mod Merge project.

Items:

• Fixed a bug where "All Armor +X" (flat bonus only present on unique and set items) had massive values on Easy difficulty.
  • Reduced v13's boost to single skill bonuses from 4x to 3x vanilla values.
  • Flawless Sapphires no longer give poison resistance (vanilla bug).

Enemy:

• Gar'Colossus: Reduced physical melee damage and the damage mitigation on his energy shield.
  • Gahanka the Wendigo: Reduced vitality and damage mitigation. Also reduced his arsenal of special moves to a Hard Hit and Stone Throw. The stone does less damage now. In return his overall chance to hit is slightly higher.
  • Swirling Mist of Miasma's twister spell now does much less damage, and is no longer used by the "easy" version of the monster from the Light path.
  • Mutated Giant Spider: Reduced melee damage and chance for critical hits.

Amazon:

• Charged Strike: Gold mod "Fumble" now correctly decreases opponent attack rating, instead of defense rating.

Assassin:

• Azoth Hologram in opening cutscene is no longer silent (restored audio).
  • Mind Blast: Bronze mod "Crushing Blow" now works. Silver mod "Handicap" no longer grants both its own effect + Crushing Blow.

Druid:

• Armageddon: Corrected a bug that caused the meteor count to decrease with level rather than increase. As a side effect, meteor count now begins much lower but scales much higher.
  • Tornado: Added scaling info to mod tooltips.
  • Poison Creeper: Corrected tooltips for "Impair" and "Intent" mods.
  • Oak Sage: Corrected tooltips for "Lightfoot" and "Spirit of Barbs" mods.

Paladin:

• Vengeance: Corrected tooltips for "Aim" and "Bleeding" mods.
  • Charge: Tooltips now correctly show healing values in percentages.
  • Thanks! 1

Diablo 2 Fallen is updated to version 13b Hotfix.  The download link and change log are updated on the file page.

If you already have v13 and don't want to re-download the entire mod again, you may grab the hotfix alone HERE and apply it to your existing mod install.

• 1 month later...

我是中国玩家,我发现了这个游戏,哇太棒了,如果可以的话能否制作一份中文补丁提供中国玩家。

Moderator Edit [Google Translate]: I'm a Chinese player, I found this game, wow, if you can make a Chinese patch for Chinese players.

39 minutes ago, mabo2135581688 said:

Moderator Edit [Google Translate]: I'm a Chinese player, I found this game, wow, if you can make a Chinese patch for Chinese players.

Grr, my entire praise to Google Translate 'probable' improvement regarding oriental languages of five minutes ago is gone with the wind. I'm so very thankful.

13 hours ago, mabo2135581688 said:

Who can help me make a Chinese patch, we Chinese players have a lot of people like this game. 

There was an attempt at a Chinese localization for the Community patch, but I think it was all run through Google translate.

A real translation of this mod would probably require translating everything from English, since there is so much changed text. I've attached the decoded English texts for D2F. Translating them would be step 1. 

globalEn_texts.zip

• Like! 1
13 hours ago, Dragon Brother said:

Blizzard Soon or Flix Soon? Theres quite a large difference!

Flix Soon.

That means it's already done and I'm just testing it for the 500th time before I start releasing details.  :D

• Like! 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 21/3/2020 at 1:22, Flix said:

Algo viene ...

r4UeTQv.jpg

OMG!!!!!!! I am from Argentina. We are in quarantine and this mode save me brain. This is a huge job bro. I love the nicro. I can´t wait for the news.

• Like! 1
8 hours ago, LatiriaMu said:

OMG!!!!!!! I am from Argentina. We are in quarantine and this mode save me brain. This is a huge job bro. I love the nicro. I can´t wait for the news.

Haha thanks for trying the mod and writing back!  I expect to release the new version with the Hellfire Arena within 2-3 weeks.  You can read more about the new arena quest here:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! Great mod, I used to play it a lot with my brother back when it was beta 9. Even with the game uninstalled, the mod was still in my mods folder!
I tried to play again but V13b is crashing for some reason. After some Testing I figured out that the crash occurs whenever someone uses a bow, be it player or npc. Most of the time I get this message:

Error#1
Function: ParticleSystemManager::createSystem
Description: template not found'x_stone_streak'.
File: .\Graphics\particle\particleSystemMgr.cpp
Line: 199

Would love to play it again, it looks like it got a lot better since last time I played.
If someone could help me fix it, I would be grateful.
Thanks!

Posted this on Nexus also, sorry if its a bit of overkill.

• Appreciation 1
30 minutes ago, Niizzy said:

V13b is crashing for some reason

NVM. I uninstalled everything and installed again, now its working. It looks like its a windows permission thing, it blocked a lot of files for some reason. Had the same problem with Bannerlord mods.

Sorry, couldn't find how to edit my post, if any adm could delete it for me I would be grateful. Thanks!

On 4/9/2020 at 3:11 AM, LatiriaMu said:

I just loved your intro post here for Flix's huge, epic mod for this game

... I'm sure he must have gotten a great delight from your enthusiastic thank you

Happy to see you here and playing this great game

Welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo

1 hour ago, Niizzy said:

NVM. I uninstalled everything and installed again, now its working. It looks like its a windows permission thing, it blocked a lot of files for some reason. Had the same problem with Bannerlord mods.

Sorry, couldn't find how to edit my post, if any adm could delete it for me I would be grateful. Thanks!

Thanks for trying the mod and writing back, and welcome to Darkmatters.  I hope you enjoy. I have a very awesome update in the works set to release May 1. 

I'll let your post stand for now. It may help some poor soul in the future.  That error is caused by missing files from the CM Patch 1.60.  Glad that an uninstall/reinstall fixed it.  It could be antivirus interfering with the install, and also the fact that files within the Program Files folder are protected by Windows.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey flix and everyone,

I have been playing this mod since it started and sacred 2 as well but I was wondering is there any way to disable the whole Miss when normal attack thing ? 

I hate when my clicks dont connect with the mobs, I know I can use the stats to increase the chance of not missing but I was wondering if I can disable it completly or have 100% all the time

Thank you.

On 5/16/2020 at 10:06 AM, russianmadman said:

Hi. I have been playing this mod in multiplayer with a friend. We've been playing since the most recent (v14) version came out and found a few bugs.

• Palladin's fanatism stacks infinitely on allies. My barbarian was getting upticks in attack speed and damage every second I was near him. Other buffs like prayer stacked if you toggle them on and off. Mighty 1000 int level 25 barbarian ftw
  • Contrary to the previous bug, Barbarian's Battle Orders buff does not affect allies at all. 
  • Barbarian's Berserk attack speed buff per kill stops stacking at ~+25%. My character starts at 160% and ends at 185% speed in weapon damage and combat art mouseover tooltip on Character screen. Also wiki somehow disagrees about it being per kill or per attack too.

Thank you for your work!

Thank you for trying the mod and writing back.  I will look into these bugs for a future release.  I'd thought the buff problems were fixed in CM 1.60.  @dimitrius154  Do you have any indication that the "infinite buff-stacking" bug is not fully fixed in stock CM 1.60?

Berserk should charge up per kill, if I wrote per attack, that would be incorrect.  I think.  I will double-check for future releases.