[Dev] Diablo 2 Fallen mod for Sacred 2

Flix

3 hours ago, AngelShade said:

Hey flix and everyone,

I have been playing this mod since it started and sacred 2 as well but I was wondering is there any way to disable the whole Miss when normal attack thing ? 

I hate when my clicks dont connect with the mobs, I know I can use the stats to increase the chance of not missing but I was wondering if I can disable it completly or have 100% all the time

Thank you.

Would probably have to make some cheat item like a ring or amulet that gave very high Attack Value, Chance Opponents Cannot Evade, and Opponents' Evade Chance -X%.

1 hour ago, Flix said:

Do you have any indication that the "infinite buff-stacking" bug is not fully fixed in stock CM 1.60?

This behaviour is tied to the spellclass in question deficiencies. What spellclass are we discussing?

16 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

This behaviour is tied to the spellclass in question deficiencies. What spellclass are we discussing?

"cSpellSeKampfhaltung",

"cSpellDrHandauflegen",

41 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

These should behave correctly, especially the second, where there's a claim of it not affecting allies. Would you, please, make a test run?

I'm not sure how to test multiplayer behavior.  Give a buff to a minion, I guess?

Just to be clear:

"cSpellSeKampfhaltung", -- Fanaticism

"cSpellDrHandauflegen", -- Prayer

both are claimed to stack infinitely.

"cSpellDrProjektilfokus", is Battle Orders, the claim is it doesn't affect allies.  It may just be that friendfactor doesn't work for that spellclass.

13 hours ago, AngelShade said:

Hey flix and everyone,

I have been playing this mod since it started and sacred 2 as well but I was wondering is there any way to disable the whole Miss when normal attack thing ? 

I hate when my clicks dont connect with the mobs, I know I can use the stats to increase the chance of not missing but I was wondering if I can disable it completly or have 100% all the time

Thank you.

Your character probably uses a buff. The easiest would be to search for it in spells.txt and add a line which gives 100% chance to hit. But it won't disable misses caused by projectile flight time. means the target moved since you released an arrow.

16 hours ago, Flix said:

multiplayer

It's the multiplayer we are talking about?! All bets are off. We don't even know if both parties use the same set of files. For the record, all fixes have been tested and are guaranteed to (probably)work in singleplayer. The game's multiplayer component had never been developed to function past Windows XP.

Edited by dimitrius154
48 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

It's the multiplayer we are talking about?!

Well, yeah. How else would anyone even know that stats were stacking on allies?

49 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

All bets are off. We don't even know if both parties use the same set of files. For the record, all fixes have been tested and are guaranteed to (probably)work in singleplayer. The game's multiplayer component had never been developed to function past Windows XP.

Fair enough.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a Shout to Flix for this amazing mod.I was away for some time cause of medical reasons.When I came back first thing I did was lookup if there's a new version and yes there is.Sadly I lost my ssd so have to start from scratch but that doesn't bother me to much paladin was only level 50ish.So now I get to enjoy this master piece from the start 😁

I'm curious about how gloves with damage conversion get rolled out. Are they available for all classes, are there any differences between vanilla and D2F, do the drops depend on which class you're playing with, do they actually drop or are only available at vendors?

@Flix Could you please give some insight on these questions? :)

3 hours ago, Androdion said:

I'm curious about how gloves with damage conversion get rolled out. Are they available for all classes, are there any differences between vanilla and D2F, do the drops depend on which class you're playing with, do they actually drop or are only available at vendors?

@Flix Could you please give some insight on these questions? :)

It's flattering you think I would not have to comb through the scripts like anyone else to find out.  :D

The bonusgroup that includes the four different conversion bonuses is 607, "BGA_hand_rare".

This bonusgroup appears on literally every type of random glove, for every character class who can wear gloves, but only if the item is tier 9 or greater (rare-tier).

So every rare glove, whether acquired from merchant or drop, will have a chance to roll a damage conversion bonus.

3 hours ago, Androdion said:

Thanks for taking the time to look out for answers. And that is good news for weaponless builds since you can do damage conversion if you get those gloves. Much obliged! :bow:

Except .....

the Amazon/Dryad has no slot for gloves :B6nFRAh:

2 hours ago, chattius said:

Except .....

the Amazon/Dryad has no slot for gloves :B6nFRAh:

Ah, sorry mate. It's what I get from never having played with that class. I didn't even know that Dryads didn't have a slot for gloves.

But to clarify, in my particular case I argued with you that a Barbarian would be a good fit for a Captain America build and this comes to strengthen my theory. Sure I could be proven wrong, but right now with Natural Resistance/Iron Skin with gold mods I'm having an easier time than with my Paladin. Now I need to realize if I can shell out the proper damage for the build to be effective.

TG/Assassin can't use gloves either.  That's why I had to add that caveat "for those that can wear gloves."

TG gets another conversion source with his battery, but I don't know about the Amazon.  Maybe it could be added on her Trophies (Shrunken Heads)?

• Like! 1
5 hours ago, Flix said:

TG/Assassin can't use gloves either.  That's why I had to add that caveat "for those that can wear gloves."

TG gets another conversion source with his battery, but I don't know about the Amazon.  Maybe it could be added on her Trophies (Shrunken Heads)?

Yes, shrunken heads was my first idea too. But once you have the full glaurung set the dilemma starts:

damage converting or x% life leech

But it would be better than nothing. Main damage at bosses would be life leech, vs normal mobs melee damage.

If the TG has the battery for damage conversion then the Dryad could have the shrunken heads for the same effect, being that both are specific to each character class. Sounds like a good idea. :)

PS: Elemental elites of each type could provide the shrunken head, assuming they're able to drop one. If not some other mob that relates to each element could be chosen. Also, what do you guys think of making the gloves a bit less rare? They don't drop that much and in vendors they mostly appear when you have Trading. Opinions?

• Like! 1
  • 2 months later...

Greetings!

So, after spending some 200 hours in this build of D2F I have to say that I haven't ran into that many issues. Game is solid and mostly everything works well apart from a few issues that were already identified and talked about. I'm leaving a short list here, but that's basically it folks!

• Some instances of stun lock found on a few enemies (Baal, dragon bosses, Snapchip Shatter, and probably others), which should be removed.
  • Re-balancing the Lightning Lord, mainly casting speed and damage output. One of the major issues is that he casts Charged Bolt and Lightning Fury pretty much simultaneously, which at higher levels could result in an easy insta-kill.
  • Re-balancing some Elites which have Hard Hit attacks and cause, in my opinion, too much damage (Dragon Berserk, Moon Clan, Jungle Hunter, for instance).
  • Grim Ward at high levels sometimes causes an FPS drop as it starts hitting some enemies instantaneously, not sure if it's just on my end but it's a recurrent behaviour.
  • Re-balance Inferno mode (yes, I know it's daunting).

That's my two cents on it. I hope you appreciate the feedback @Flix. :) I know I've been having a ton of fun with this mod!

• Thanks! 1

Much appreciated!   Feedback on the mods is like drops of water to a parched throat.

I will try my best to address all issues in the next release, whenever that may be.

I'm going to eradicate the "push" spell token utterly from enemies, stomping out that bug once and for all.

In a perfect world Grim Ward wouldn't even have projectiles, it would simply exert its effects via an invisible aura, like the original.  I'll see if I can rethink some aspects of it.

What's wrong with Inferno mode?  If you examine the contents, it's only a tweaked balance.txt, nearly identical to Challenge Mode in EE.  You might even be able to tweak it yourself.  I suspect the situation may be that some certain enemies just need to be tuned, and their imbalances are simply being exacerbated by Inferno.

Is there a buffer for the damage numbers shown when hitting enemies? If an enemy flees from screen because of Grim ward, but Grim Ward still shooting at it, then there are sometimes many many damage numbers once it is visible again....

Aye, that could be it. The same thing happens when there's a ton of criticals all at once, even the sound stutters a bit. I think the stuck arrows on mobs could also have some negative impact.

PS: There's one thing I forgot to list, adding Blacksmith and Alchemy to the relic modifiers pool. That one's so easy that even I could do it in a few minutes. :3lmao:

@Flix - I've noticed a couple of visual bugs, nothing remarkable, but I'm not sure if they have to do with the models/graphics. Lucreti's Harmony and every helmet based on that model are missing their spikes, though if you turn on Iron Skin you can see them. I'm not sure if it has to do with the kind of hair that I've chosen or not, but it could be since I've noticed that with some other helmets the hair shows out of the helmet itself. The other one is with Sszark the Burning inside the Arena. If you turn the camera around near him you'll notice that a black shade appears vertically, like a tear on the screen, which is weird but has no practical impact at all. I don't think I've noticed that when fighting him in the Desert, though I'm only 99% sure of that. :D

I've "cheated" my way over the Arena in Nightmare difficulty since I've made a backup for my save and reloaded at every death, as I wanted to battle all enemies in equal conditions. With 29% damage mitigation and 2%LL from opponents, a fairly decent if not excellent setup in terms of gear and relics, I went there trying to notice if some of the opponents would make a huge jump in danger from previous levels. I've found some interesting things that could be seen as a possible need for re-balance, so here they are and not in the dedicated Hellfire Arena topic. I hope that's OK with you.

• Phase 1 was OK with its mix of fighters rangers and casters, not easy but nothing that would make me go through shoots and hoops to come out victorious. Zero deaths and as far as I can recall no jump scares. I still think Fire Eye is an extremely hard one to damage, but it could be related to the damage type I'm wearing plus his (supposedly huge) evasion/reflect chance. For an Elite he does tend to take a very long time to go down, similar to Kujin but without the absurdly high HP count that one has. :) In my opinion all rounds and enemies are well balanced.

• Phase 2 was where things started to heat up, expectedly. Had a bit of a jump scare in Round 3, probably got overconfident and Lord Tannenbaum applied some extra pressure. I always thought those christmas trees were dangerous but I believe that in D2F they're hitting as hard as an Elite Dragon Berserk. I have no idea if the Mod changed how they hit though, and if it didn't then my apologies for pointing it out. Round 6 was a bit too hard but I'm pretty sure that it was due to battling the three of them at the same time, as doing one by one should be a normal affair. I've battled Shelob not too long ago and while she is and was always hard %LL does cover the distance well enough. As expected Round 8 was brutal, but in all honesty this has been talked to death. I've found that the Lords grown in danger by a good amount, but since they're supposed to be battled alone when campaigning they're tough but manageable. Lightning Lord as a curiosity managed to instantly "double-one shoot me" with his favourite one-two punch. As I had expected and predicted by Nightmare his attacks are already capable of bringing any build down in a couple of seconds. I've managed to kill him solely by spamming health pots every 2 seconds while hitting him as fast as I could with Frenzy. Still, two deaths to my nemesis, but it was more than expected. In my opinion all rounds and enemies are well balanced except for the Lightning Lord.

• Phase 3 brought some interesting discoveries. Rounds 2 and 4 were hard, though mostly because of the conjunction of several crippling abilities from the enemies. Round 5 was one of those cases where you forget tactics and just spam Whirlwind until everything on screen dies from %LL, but again it's the fact that the Ghosts, Banshee and Evocator where all in the same crowded space. Round 6 was enlightening. I mentioned in the Captain America topic that I've noticed a nasty trap coming from the Warlord of Blood in Hard (why is he called Lachdanan in the Wiki?), and that one is there alright. It's a yellow trap similar to the one the Poison Lord uses, and it seeks you once you go near it. But what I've found really nasty about the Warlord was seeing him one-shot me some three or four times! And it's not a special animation that you predict so you can kite it, he would just get close and hit me for 16k of damage all at once, which were apparently reduced to half after switching to Magic relics and using Howl on him, but I'm not sure if the lesser damage output was due to crippling him or because the "bypass armour" characteristic of Concentrate didn't kick in. It's a nasty "what was that?!" moment and it happens really fast, so if you have a melee toon you're bound to be one-shot by him. In my opinion all rounds and enemies are well balanced except the Warlord of Blood, since his use of Concentrate can easily one-shot any toon. He's a russian roulette for melee toons, which isn't fun.

• Phase 4 was made of ups and downs but I resisted it with zero deaths, so basically I only died in Phase 2/Round 8 to the Lightning Lord and Phase 3/Round 6 to the Warlord of Blood. In this final phase I'd say Round 2 was nasty, all of those six demons at once become harder the more you climb the difficulty ladder, but once pulled apart and dealt with individually or in smaller packs they get more manageable. Much like the Elemental Lords it was an health pot chugfest though. Round 3 was a remake of Phase 3/Round 5 and I didn't stop to ask questions or Howl, it was all too fast to have a proper understanding of things, but it's likely to be the combination of those three bosses and how fast they shell out damage. Round 5 was, as in every other difficulty, rather easy I'd say, which is odd considering that Andariel and Duriel are supposed to be tough enemies. Maybe it's the fact that my toon is formatted for them, being a solid melee type, but I always thought these two bosses were a bit "soft". Round 6 was manageable, even if Mephisto's Charged Bolt is becoming closer to the one the Lightning Lord unleashes. It's still not that strong and %LL can counter it, assuming that you kill Diablo first. Still, it's quite OK and a fair fight. Round 8 (Light Path) brings two of my most hated enemies, Malthael and Witchmoon. The former's Ice Chain Lightning spell is assuming very dangerous proportions, chipping a good 50% of my nearly 16k HP, which for a mandatory campaign boss is something to be reckoned with. I still think he's a fair fight, albeit maybe too hard for a campaign boss as that attacks stands. Witchmoon is a nasty enemy just because of how it cripples you, but she is a fair fight in the end. In my opinion all rounds and enemies are well balanced, but the Zakarum Council, Mephisto and Malthael should be watched closely in Hell difficulty to see if by the end game they don't go over the curve, while Andariel and Duriel could probably be given some extra bite since in every difficulty they've never managed to be an issue, and they should be at least a bit harder.

Yeah, for once I complain about a boss being easier than it should, ha ha. Anyway, in terms of the other D2F bosses and superuniques I've battled all the Dragons except for the Mutated Dragon (not sure if altered from standard CM 1.60, but I'll assume it isn't) and they're all very well balanced. I particularly love the design on the Blood Dragon, it's incredible! I believe the Dark Elder suffers from the same issue as Fire Eye by being extremely hard to damage, but maybe it's just my physical build. So those two could need some tweaking or maybe not. I can't really say in the end.

So, that's that. I hope it's useful. :)

• Thanks! 1
  • 2 weeks later...