[Dev] Diablo 2 Fallen mod for Sacred 2

Flix

After I played the mod for a few hours there are a point which makes harder to play.

I dont know which skills affects the Combat Arts. For Example the Werewolf, I skilled Old Magic, nothing change I skilled Primal Magie Focus + Primal Magie Dmg nothing changed, I equip diffrent weapons and again does changed.

I would suggest to add a small info line in the tooltip on the combat arts which tells what skills is affecting this Combat art

Shapeshifting skills are a bit special in that not much affects their power (just like in the normal game). If you want a more powerful werewolf or dragon, all you can do is level up the combat art and take modifications. There's really no downside so you might as well read as many runes as possible. The power also increases as your character level increases.

Werewolf follows the same rules as Dragon Berserk. If you read that page you'll understand how they work. I can't fit all that information into a tooltip.

Jeah I unterstand that limited space in the tooltip.

Would u say the classes are balanced or is there a class that dominates? I played every class a bit and found the Primal Druide very strong. The paladin seems very strong if another player takes Necro or Sorc.

I will start to play your mod with a friend and dont know what to pick. I would prefer 2H Barb, cause I never played that playstyle I always played Dualwield. Maybe u can give a tip what´s funny and strong in endgame ^^

Would u say the classes are balanced or is there a class that dominates? I played every class a bit and found the Primal Druide very strong. The paladin seems very strong if another player takes Necro or Sorc.

I will start to play your mod with a friend and dont know what to pick. I would prefer 2H Barb, cause I never played that playstyle I always played Dualwield. Maybe u can give a tip what´s funny and strong in endgame ^^

I tried very hard to make sure all the classes were balanced. Whenever I hear about a class that dominates (Sorceress with Fire Wall) I make sure it's not overpowered. The same goes for a combat art that's too weak. If it's useless to players then it's a flaw in the mod. But I can only test so much, I'm just one person, that's why I need player feedback to fine-tune the balance. For magic users a fire / lightning Sorceress is probably the easiest to use. For melee, a Barbarian specializing in Berserk Combat and Tactical Warfare would be unstoppable with the right skills. 2-handed weapons in this mod are generally much better than in normal Sacred 2.

• Like! 1

Can Paladin skill "Charge" increase speed more than few second?

Something like original CA "dashing alacrity" (50second with upgrade)

Stun in CA "Charge" can act only a few seconds, but that increased speed (in base game) is a great.

Also finally useful concentration for more buffs.

In Vanilla I use only one buff, but here..... fanaticism, thorns, Holy Freeze.

"2-handed weapons in this mod are generally much better than in normal Sacred 2." Great :thumbs:

I play barbarian and paladin but when I few days back see bow Windforce I lke :wow: :twitch:want play amazon

Also I'm curious how it looks, if you try give one 2-handed weapons to 1 hand, So use two, two-handed weapons

This game have soo much contents and you give more and more.

Again it was confirmed that you are a genius, mentor of Sacred 2

Edited by Legosp
  • Like! 1

Flix do u need help, tell me what to do. I have a bit experience in programming, I´m not good as u but I could be a helping hand.

Another question to u is. would u like to give us a todo list what u want to implement to the mod? And whats about a Diablo 2 fallen wiki?

Okay then I will play a melee tanky 2handed Barb :) bad side of this: now Area of Effect farming. or I am wrong?

• Like! 1

Stun in CA "Charge" can act only a few seconds, but that increased speed (in base game) is a great.

Charge lasts 90 seconds. You have to hold down the left mouse button and keep moving. Used like this, it can be used indefinitely, since there's no cooldown. If you stop moving, the Charge ends.

Another question to u is. would u like to give us a todo list what u want to implement to the mod? And whats about a Diablo 2 fallen wiki?

I've been maintaining a list of everything I've been working on and everything I'm planning in the first post since I first started. But now I've done almost everything so there's only a few things left to do, listed as: (in progress). These are: adding the 3 mercenaries as hirelings, rewriting the character class quests for the new classes, and finally recreating the side quests from Diablo 2. Unless you have a mastery of the quest scripts in this game I don't think there's much you can help with. Right now testing the mod is the best help players can give me.

And whats about a Diablo 2 fallen wiki?

Right now that seems like a lot of unnecessary extra work, especially since I'm already going to so much trouble to document everything in this thread and keep a table of contents in the first post. Maybe once the mod is complete.

hmm sounds like the mod is almost complete. Do u want to stop the work on this project?

Are there still Lightsabers in your mod? A friend want to play a Dual Wield Lightsaber Fighter Paladin xD and before we start I want to know if there are still lightsabers^^

we found a bug:

Paladin auras stacking attackspeed and dmg to max.

How to recreate the bug:

You need 2 Players: one Barb, one Pala

At level 2 the paladin skills Concentrate and learn Fanatiscm and Holy Fire auras

the barb dies and teleport back to pala with STRG+click

then the dmg and the attackspeed of the barb will increase to 750% attack speed and limitless dmg

post-33006-0-18076600-1437663401_thumb.jpg

Charge lasts 90 seconds. You have to hold down the left mouse button and keep moving. Used like this, it can be used indefinitely, since there's no cooldown. If you stop moving, the Charge ends.

But for movement I use WASD not mouse, so when I use Charge I using W and try use other CA, so when I use W and try use other CA charge lasts few seconds.

But for movement I use WASD not mouse, so when I use Charge I using W and try use other CA, so when I use W and try use other CA charge lasts few seconds.

It doesn't matter how you move, you just have to keep moving. You can't stop to do anything else or the charge ends.

we found a bug:

Paladin auras stacking attackspeed and dmg to max.

Yeah, I've been getting this bug report for a long time. It's just the way the game is. It was the same in the normal game with the Seraphim's Battle Stance or any other buff modified as a party buff. There's nothing I can do about it. The easiest way to avoid it is to turn off your buffs before someone else teleports to you.

I'll post what Silver Fox wrote to me about it when he tested it:

I tested it and the results are two-fold. The glitch is real and it's not just for displayed values, but it manifests only under select and predictable circumstances. The infinite climbing of attack rating, speed and damage of party members happens only when a buffed Paladin joins them - when they invite the Paladin to the party, or teleport to a new location ahead of her. If the Paladin initiates the party or teleports first no glitch happens. When the Paladin disables her buff and re-casts it after joining the party no glitch happens. When the group transitions zones by walking and not teleporting no glitch happens, no matter who goes first. When a party member runs away from the Paladin, sees the buff drop, then returns and gets buffed again no glitch happens (provided the buff was not glitching before this party member ran off). So basically, it's easy to avoid by following a few simple rules - either take the party buffs off before changing the party or teleporting and re-apply them after, or remember that the Paladin should always teleport first.

For myself, I have to add that now I know why me and my friends never encountered this glitch while starting the game with D2F, even though there was a Paladin in the group. Taking party buffs off while re-assembling the party or teleporting has always been a general recommendation for party play in Sacred 2, especially when the source of a buff uses a buff-suit of sorts, so we've been doing it anyway. In this game, if allies are not present at the moment a buff is cast, it's never predictable which level of the buff they'd receive after they join later. Of course, not everybody knows that...

I'll see about putting a link to this info in the first post and in the readme.txt.

Edited by Flix

Hi Flix, I found something in the description of skills. Is it an error or it is a problem in my version of the game?

01b46724af7a.jpg

Int increase is not working. I want to play a caster Amazone but without that int increase its no so good

Int increase is not working. I want to play a caster Amazone but without that int increase its no so good

It's been fixed. You'll just have to wait until the next release.

jeeeeah you are the best Flix :bounce:

• Like! 1

After Testing some skills and Builds here is MY Opinion:

Druide seems OP cause of massiv Area of Effect + Massiv Dmg, fissure or Flamewall kills so fast. No other class can farm so fast.

Barb: my absolute favorit class. His gameplay design is awesome. Shout, Howl, Battle Orders + Natrual Resistant to prepare for Battle. Jump in with Leap Slam and Whirlwind alle Enemys with a Great 2 Handed Sword. A normal Barb can use almost all skills for a great gameplay. Very funny. But not Playable in MP with another melee -.-

Sorc: Tested so many Combinations of skill, nothing expect then Glacier works fine. Fireball hits 4 Enemys if skilled Area of Effect. To low dmg

Amazon: Great Hunter(Blowguns still op and boring gameplay) Throwable Weapons flightspeed much to low to compare with Bows. Plague Darts(forgot the name) Great spam skill. But the damage is way to low. Plague Spikes(also forgot the name) is a great Spell but the "prepare" for cast is way to long even with massiv Cast and Execute speed. Will test Poison Ama again when Inner Sight is fixed

Paladin: Really great Gameplay too, u can choose the buffs u needed. Concentration is must have. But Dual Wield + Prayer + Lightsabers is way to strong. Buffs damage in early Stage by 500% if u equip Lightsabers. Paladin Caster´s Damage output is too low to compore to other Classes.

Necro: Bone Spear kills EVERYTHING on early Stages. Its way to OP if u can go to level 12 without put any point into Skills or Spells, I didnt even have Gear on. Curses are okay if u dont want to play a afk Summoner. Ah the Summons^^ yes great idea but there is a point...If u want to play Pure Summoner u can only out Max points into the Summons. U dont care about Reg Times when u just have 3 buffs and everything dies on sight. Funny to play Sacred 2 as an Idle Game^^ Walk into Swamps. Go afk come back 2 hours later^^ get many levels

Assasine: I even dont played Assa in D2. I dont like the gameplay. But I tested it here too. Flame Trap "flying" position is so random u cant place them tacticly. Shock Web is a cool Spell, but I think its range is so great. Fire Punch (forget the name again) seams like an Area of Effect but its hits just 1 Target. I would play a fast Reg Assa with Dragons Flight and Firepunch Combo. Seams Very funny. Remembers me on the Path of Exile "Flicker Strike" ^^ maybe I put the Max out of Dragons Flight, cause it has no Cooldown. we will look.

Edit: Okay Dragon Flight Build is impossible because if the enemy walks 1 inch the Skill wont hit -.- I think thats hard coded problems... damn I really wanted to play this build. okay other ideas what I can try next?

Its my opinion to the skills. Flix dont missunderstand my, this mod is awesome and it makes really fun, u can get even more out of this.

BTW: Its Possible to edit the Ingame Interface? more bloody and darker maybe?

Sorry for bad english =P I tried my best .

Greetings Treitz (Alex)

Edited by AlexBletzer
  • Like! 1

After Testing some skills and Builds here is MY Opinion:

Greetings Treitz (Alex)

Thanks for the feedback. I'll do some more tests and see what I can do.

It's always interesting to me when players tell me I made something overpowered, when in fact I never changed it from the base game. For example the Druid's Firestorm is the High Efl's Blazing Tempest almost verbatim. In fact it's been weakened some. I wanted Primal Magic to have some strong spells because two of the Combat Arts (Dragon and Werewolf) don't respond to skills or other modifiers. The Dragon Mage's Dragon Magic aspect was so weak that there was almost no point in taking the aspect skills. I wanted to avoid repeating that.

I got the same report with how the Sorceress's Nova was devastatingly powerful, when in fact it was just a weakened form of the Dragon's Mage's Energy Blaze. Anyway, I'll do some more tests with the possibly overpowered abilities.

I kind of doubt anything is underpowered at this point. The Paladin's spell damage is focused against Undead, Demons, and T-Mutants. Against them the damage is devastating. Against any other enemy types they will seem weak. A spellcaster Amazon needs Inner Sight, so I've got that working now.

I guess it's just a joke, but there's no way your summons clear out the entire Swamp without you even being at your computer. They have a range limit as to how far they'll roam and attack enemies.

The Assassin's fire traps aren't very accurate with targeting, but that's why I made them seek out enemies.

I'll post some before/after pictures of the interface later.

Edited by Flix
  • Like! 1

Purple glow on shrines is nice touch. Elegant

The fine Art easter eggs is outstanding idea!!

Are you actually able to go into all locales where objets d'art are in game and change them to whatever you wish?

:)

gogo

• Like! 1

Are you actually able to go into all locales where objets d'art are in game and change them to whatever you wish?

I don't have quite that level of control on placing scenery and static objects. For those all I can do is replace models and textures. For the paintings, I kept the old canvas and frame models and I simply replaced the textures.

I'm just thinking out loud here... There may be a way to actually add new objects and move old ones around. There's a script called worldobjects.txt that seems to be full of entries with itemtype ID's and sets of coordinates. Might be worth looking into to see if I can reshape the environment.

Can make to all characters to learn all primary skills (I really want to play with DM with 2 swords or hammer)

Generally the rule is no. Most weapon class limitations are hard-coded. The Dragon Mage is an exception because he inherited the skeleton and attachment points of the Shadow Warrior, so he could dual wield. I've tried it and it works, but I simply ran out of room on the interface for the Dual Wield skill. I'd have to remove one of the other skills to make them all fit.

• Like! 1

I'm just thinking out loud here... There may be a way to actually add new objects and move old ones around. There's a script called worldobjects.txt that seems to be full of entries with itemtype ID's and sets of coordinates. Might be worth looking into to see if I can reshape the environment.

Godly!!

:wizard:

gogo